MATCH SCORE
Kylo Ren: 2
Jacen Solo: 9

Match 14024 Baek Doo San vs. Kim Kaphwan

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART XXVI

tumblr_mcbyrxN2Ob1qmuhxzo1_400.png

After a spirited back and forth against Akira Yuri ended up in a triumph for Ryo Sakazaki, he placed his hands on his hips and let out a sigh of relief. He then offered his hand to help up his fallen opponent. (REF:RYO SAKAZAKI VS. AKIRA YUKI)

"Thank you. Nothing clears my mind better then a challenging fight, and you gave me all I could handle," said Ryo.

Akira accepted Ryo's gesture, and with Ryo's help returned to his feet. "I should be thanking you. You have shown me today that there are still some tweaks that I need to do to strengthen my technique before I challenge Kage-Maru again."

"Good luck to you, Akira," said Ryo.

"You too."

The two martial artists shook hands and then went their separate ways. Ryo traveled to the field outside the village to meet up with Kyo Kusanagi. When he reached the field, Kyo was already waiting for him there with a truck.

"Ryo, where have you been?" asked Kyo. "I've been looking everywhere for you. That Maki girl told me that you wanted to meet me out here to bring in the girl she fought." (REF: MAKI GENRYUSAI VS. TALIM)

"Yes, of course. I apologize for the delay. There was a martial artist named Akira in the village who was taking on all comers, he was actually looking for you, and I.... I just had to challenge him," explained Ryo.

Kyo shook his head and smiled. "Did you beat him?"

Ryo nodded.

"Then there would not be much of a point in me fighting him now," said Kyo.

"I felt a little bit of guilt because I know at this point I shouldn't be engaging in random fights. The whole point of me being over here is to fight off any ancient warriors that come our way. At the same time though, I had been itching for a good fight the last several days and this whole situation has been wracking my brain since Robert explained it to me," said Ryo.

"I know the feeling. I still don't quite understand it," stated Kyo. "So where is the girl?"

"Behind this huge group of trees over here."

Ryo lead Kyo over to the large collection of trees where he and Maki Genryusai had stashed Talim. They looked down on her. She was knocked out cold.

"She certainly doesn't look very threatening," Kyo observed.

"That's what I thought, but if she really has managed to survive for hundreds of years then she must have some impressive fighting skills," said Ryo. "How do the other two look?"

"The only one that looks tough was the one Benimaru fought (REF: BENIMARU NIKAIDO VS. Z.W.E.I.), and Benimaru can verify for his toughness," said Kyo. "Athena insists that she saw very powerful warriors when she read that fortune teller's mind. I have no reason to doubt her, but I think we will be more than capable of taking down whatever comes our way."

"Want to give me a hand?" asked Ryo.

Ryo and Kyo picked up Talim and carried her over to the truck.

"I have a strange feeling about this whole thing," admitted Ryo.

"Oh. I almost forgot to mention. Although I'm unsure of how much back up we need, Athena is proabably on the phone with Kim Kaphwan right now. You knew he would want to be involved," said Kyo.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/storage/2653923-session_by_hwoarang666_d3gv9yg.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1362557442947

"Of course I will come, Athena," Kim Kaphwan said into his phone. "I will always go where I am needed. Since this ordeal sounds like a huge collection of fighters and warriors, would you mind if I brought along a couple of others fighters from South Korea? I know they have dealt with the Mishima family before so they might be a valuable asset to our cause."

"By all means," Athena answered.

"Thank you."

Kim and Athena exchanged farewells and then Kim set out to recruit a master and pupil combination he had met a few years prior. After a few hours of travel, Kim entered Baek Doo San's dojo in a search for the man himself as well as his student, Hwoarang. Kim immediately spotted the owner of the establishment working on some in house repairs. Baek was quick to recognize Kim as well.

"What brings the reigning Tae Kwon Do World Champion to my dojo?" Baek asked.

Kim chuckled. "You know, I never got the chance to defend that title against you, or Hwoarang."

"We have been busy with other pressing matters. Is that why you are here?"

"No. I'm here to request your assistance," said Kim.

"With what?"

"It is a long story, but it involves taking on the Mishima Zaibatsu and the G Corporation, Jin Kazama and Kazuya Mishima," Kim explained.

Baek immediately stopped what he was working on.

"They're after an ancient evil sword believed to posses great power," added Kim.

Baek's demeanor quickly darkened. "So you want to go after Jin, do you? Always eager to be the hero aren't you Kaphwan?"

"Well it's not just Jin, but yes it's no secret that I fight for justice. I always assumed it was a trait we shared," said Kim.

"I am no hero," Baek said flatly. "There is too much blood on my hands."

"That was a long time ago, my friend. We have all made mistakes and I think you have done a fine job repenting for your past," Kim insisted. "Remember I have the ability to sense evil in people, and I have never sensed it in you."

"Regardless, you have wasted your time coming here. I will not help you against Jin or Kazuya," Baek stated.

"Why not?"

"Dealing with that family has already cost me too much. First, Kazuya blackmailed me into attacking Marshall Law's dojo which resulted in deaths that will haunt me until the day I die. Then, Heihachi played a major role in unleashing that horrible beast, Ogre, who put me into a coma!" Baek's voice softened. "And now they are affecting the life of my student, my close friend, Hwoarang. Hwoarang has become obsessed with beating Jin Kazama. An obsession that sent him to the hospital in critical condition after Jin attacked him in his wretched Devil form during the fifth King of the Iron Fist tournament. I have no desire to be around that family ever again."

Surprise spread across Kim Kaphwan's face. "Are you scared of them?"

"Scared? Ha! I am not scared. I am resigned to reality," Baek reasoned. "I think you could use a little reality check now and then Kaphwan. I am sure you have faced some powerful opponents in your King of Fighters tournaments, but nothing can prepare you for the Mishima bloodline? Are you sure you are up to the challenge?"

"I guess I will find out," answered Kim.

Baek Doo San stepped into his fighting stance. "Well let me be the first one to offer you a reality check. If you can't beat me here and now then you should just return home and forget all about the Mishimas."

I don't care about anything. Kim is my favorite dude from King of Fighters and I'm voting for him!

Just a comment on the story, boy are these guys in for an eye opener! They think they can handle the the Soul Calbur characters!? I can't wait 'till the big dogs show up! This is going to be off the chain!

Guest Magickal

Baek will win here. I see Baek as being stronger than Hwoarang who was an even match for Jin, sans Devil upgrade.

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)

Hworang is not on Jin's level, but is like Ken to Ryu, which is a rivalry, with the occasional team up or suddent loss(Ryu losing to Ken) to keep them on their toes.