Ken Masters: 4

Guardian (Marvel Comics) vs. Captain Britain
MATCH SCORE
Guardian (Marvel Comics): 0
Captain Britain: 4

Match 10350 Green Arrow and Hawkeye vs. Deadshot and Bullseye

Guest callisto

Guest callisto

----------------------------FLIPSIDEFlipside is a world beneath ours where dreams go to die. Imagine a world created solely for the repository of our imaginations, where the unwritten stories live alongside those never completed and every fickle being that has ever been conjured from the deep recesses of our mind walks the yellow brick roads that pave the way to the great cities of our make-believe.Flipside is a place where you can get anything, or if you are not careful, where anything can get you. You can find ogres, dragons, superheroes, demons, knights and dead pop stars drinking alongside each other in any of the many bars, pubs and nightclubs that offer every vice imaginable.You can only access Flipside if you wish for it hard enough, or are desperate enough, or have a death wish. Gods walk through the streets, passing undead cheerleaders or old cowboy gunslingers and no one bats an eyelid. Tourism is a big trade, mainly because Flipside gets a cut of the insurance money, which is ridiculously high. In a world where Satan, Dr Doom, Hannibal Lecter and Jason Vorhees can establish their own businesses, no one can ever really be safe.So… welcome to Flipside; a place where dreams can come true, or, more likely, where nightmares will kill you. For god’s sake; be careful.-----------------------------THE RALLYIt was a special day in Flipside and one that I was not looking forward to. To be honest, that could describe most days in this god forsaken place, but not all of them scream trouble in such a distinct and loud voice. For those of you who haven't already met me, my name is Arthur. Yes like the King and yes, the same person. I am protected by Merlin the Magician's most powerful ancient spells and carry at my side Excalibur, the gun reshaped from my old sword. It shoots bullets that kill instantly and the name Arthur Pendragon has become synonymous with death in Flipside. Oh, I am also an alcoholic, and worse, a cop.I took a healthy swig of my hipflask and leant against a building, carefully watching the road and hoping that worry didn’t crease the corners of my eyes. Although I was meant to be immortal I swear that I was seeing more wrinkles and grey hairs every day. And yes, I am not ashamed to admit it; even the (allegedly) once and future king wasn’t adverse to a bit of L’Oreal for Men anti-aging cream. Hey, if Clooney could endorse it then it certainly couldn’t do me any harm.The reasons behind today’s grey hairs were three-fold. First and foremost was a certain senator of Flipside, Mr Gordon M. Kelly (and no, I didn’t know what the M. stood for). This certain senator (that M. was going to bug me for the rest of the day – Mabel? Muriel?) was currently head of a very powerful and very rich campaign named the PHM – or Pro-Human Movement, a group that mixed politics and religion to a devastating amalgam of a new belief system that saw at its core the human being as the true representation of God on earth, in all His glory.I could have told them it was bollocks of course and that if God did indeed look like some of those reprobates then the world was in serious trouble. But the problem wasn’t that they considered themselves the only true children of God, it was that they considered every other species as the children of God’s sworn enemy. Of course, in Flipside, where humans were just another voice amongst many, this spelled trouble. Which brought me to my second worry of the day, the PHM rally, or as they had cleverly put it, One Race Under God. Basically a bunch of racist, xenophobic men and women running around my streets and shouting prejudiced intolerant chants about everyone but themselves. Brilliant.In most places in the universe this would probably have meant that Mr Gordon (Maurice?) Kelly and his crazy followers would have been left to their own devices and ignored like the ignorant beings they were; but this was Flipside. In Flipside even the houses could develop attitudes. And so the last problem of the day presented itself to me; over 500 death threats, in writing, to the local police station. Ouch. My boss’s boss had yelled at my boss who had in turn yelled at me (which had prompted me to casually tap Excalibur in its holster until he stopped nervously) and I had agreed to pop along to the main part of the rally and make sure that no one in PHM got themselves killed.And no, I wasn’t allowed to shoot them myself either apparently. -----------------------------It had started with a very stirring speech by Mr Kelly and I was glad to see that the rally had purchased its own bodyguards. Pure humans of course, no one else would have done, but the two they had hired were good guys; Green Arrow and Hawkeye both of who I had worked with in the past. Green Arrow waved at me and smiled. I smiled back remembering a certain wager involving a lot of alcohol which he had lost (and afterwards had graciously bought me a sports-car). If you couldn’t go drinking with rich superheroes then who could you go drinking with!Both men kept surveying the crowd as I approached the side of the stand where Mr Kelly was giving his speech. His assistant and general dogsbody, a young man without much expression behind the eyes was mouthing the words along with his boss; I studiously ignored both of them and they returned the favour. “Glad to see you guys are finding decent work these days” I quipped, allowing a hint of a smile to touch my mouth.“Shove it Pendragon” snapped Hawkeye. Then he sighed. “League orders I’m afraid” said Green Arrow, “they said it could be worse if we didn’t have a presence here”.“Should have let Batman do it” I replied and we all laughed, although I noticed that neither of the men stopped scanning the crowds as they did. Suddenly there was a commotion and a single shot rang out above the noise of the crowd and the speech. The assistant who had been mouthing the words of the speech dropped suddenly, his face a bloody mess and blood splattered the senator and those around him. “TIME TO DIE SENATOR” shouted a singsong voice and I recognised the two men who stepped forward from the scattering PHM members. I had to smile as I recognised the mercenaries Deadshot and Bullseye, but the smile soon left me face as Green Arrow said “shit”.“What?” I asked, having thought this would be a walk in the park. “They are humans too” said Hawkeye. “So?”“Which means that you can’t get involved Pendragon, we can’t have a superhuman killing humans at a Pro Human demonstration!”Damn I thought, they were right. This all smelt fishy to me, too planned for my liking. “OK, you guys have the floor, but if they get past you then they are minced meat.”“Oh don’t worry my friend” said Green Arrow as both men notched arrows into their bows, “we’ll take care of this pronto”.-----------------------------And so the two bodyguards, Green Arrow and Hawkeye went to meet the mercs Deadshot and Bullseye whilst I stood next to the quivering senator and waited to see what the outcome would be. One thing was certain, this was gonna get messy. Bloody rallies I thought as I took a swig from the hipflask and kept a steady hand on Excalibur. -----------------------------

Guest LoneWolf

Interesting idea.. King Arthur as an alcoholic cop... I will go with the heroes here, I think Deadshot might be a weak link on the merc team.

Guest Culwych

@ LoneWolf; lol yeah, guess an alcoholic King Arthur is pretty weird, but one of my fav character creations and one I've used in most of my Flipside stories. Agreed, Deadshot wasn't my first choice and may be the mercs' downfall, but he matched Bullseye's character so thought it would be good. Agent Zero or Snake Eyes were also possibilities but I wanted a purely human marksman. It is really a game of skill (from the good guys) versus weaponry (mercs).

@ RakaiThwei; thanks Rakai. Any thoughts on the outcome of the fight?

@ badpierce; glad you liked it badpierce and thanks for the comments!