Mutagen Man: 2

Rumble 20587 Nathan Drake vs. Vastatosaurus Rex
MATCH SCORE
Nathan Drake: 1
Vastatosaurus Rex: 3

Night Shift Chapter 10 Match 17986 Dansen Macabre and Gypsy Moth vs. Piecemeal

broadwaybeyonder

Chapter 10: Victims of the Night

Dansen and Moth floated through a mind numbing void, pushed by some invisible current.  On all sides of the tunnel they were in were portals, occasionally flashing glimpses of bizarre locations.  But Dansen’s focus was locked on the forms of Nekra and her followers traveling before them.  She failed to notice that she was starting to drift from the center of the passage, closer and closer toward one of the portals.  “Dansen!” Moth yelled, her voice reverberating through the void.  Strands from her costume came undone and caught Dansen.  They pulled her back to Dansen to the center of the current.  “Let go of me!” Dansen’s voice echoed.  “We must stop them!”  Nekra turned to see the two Night Shifters drawing near.  “Brother Jonathan?  Cast aside these intruders.”  Ohn floated between the Kali zealots and the Night Shift.  He raised his hands, then looked back confused at Nekra.  “Um, where should I cast them aside to, Sister Nekra?”  Nekra’s teeth grew sharper as she roared back.  “Anywhere!  Just do it!”  Ohn shrugged and touching his chest, drew forth another portal and hurled it right in front of Dansen and Moth.  Moth flapped her wings furiously but the force of the vortex was too strong.  “I can’t stop!  We’re going in!”  Dansen and Moth disappeared into the portal and it closed behind them. 

Lorina Dodson, the White Rabbit, sat with her high heel shoes resting on a work table in the laboratory of the Headmen.  She idly checked her nails, the sounds of screams emanating from a nearby sealed, metallic chamber causing her to look up.  She turned to face Dr. Wyndham, who is monitoring readings on a wall of screens.  “Is there anyway we can hurry this up?” she asked in annoyance.  “I wanted to take Hubert out to cause some more mayhem and mass destruction.”  Wyndham took a deep breath, then gently shoved the table Lorina was resting on forward, causing her legs to drop to the floor.  “Miss Dodson, MODOK’s orders were most exact.  Mr. Carpenter’s initial treatments have proven to be ineffective.  The enhancements must be fully assimilated before he is allowed to challenge the Night Shift again.” 

“But I want to fight them now!” White Rabbit whined. 

All at once, a portal opened up in the ceiling above the pair.  Dansen and Moth tumbled out and crashed through the table.  White Rabbit sprang to her feet, reaching for her umbrella.  “Sybby!  What a surprise!  It must be my Un-Birthday!”  Moth’s wings shot forward, the left one knocking the umbrella aside and the other forcing White Rabbit against the wall.  Moth stared at her in disbelief as she struggled to free herself.  “The boys said they fought a girl who was talking a bunch of Wonderland crap.  I really didn’t think you were so stupid to sign up with these people, Lorina.” 

“I’m not Lorina!  I’m the White Rabbit!”  Dansen turned to face Wyndham, who was hurriedly pressing buttons and throwing switches.  She grabbed him in a sleeper hold and pulled him back.  “You are one of the Headmen!” she hissed in his ear.  “You will tell us the best path for us to leave this place!  Or I will snap your neck!”  Wyndham’s face remained expressionless, as he gazed at the chamber.  “You might as well do so, Miss Dansen.  Because it will be the last death you cause before you meet your own demise.”  Smoke started pouring from the chamber as it opened up, revealing what remained of Hubert Carpenter.  Gone was the comical outfit of the Walrus.  His body was now a patchwork of cybernetic parts.  His hair was now long and shaggy, and he sported a reptilian looking tail and claws.  White Rabbit smiled cockily at Moth, as she and Dansen braced themselves for combat.  “Beware the Jabberwock, my dear!” 

OK:

Dansen and Moth win by defeating or evading Piecemeal.  Piecemeal wins by immobilizing both Dansen and Moth.

Game On! 

Learn More About
Gypsy Moth
Read more about Gypsy Moth at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Links: Wikipedia

Dansen Macabre
Read more about Dansen Macabre at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Links: Wikipedia

Piecemeal
Read more about Piecemeal at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel comics Links: Wikipedia marvel.wikia.com http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/piece

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.00 - Pizzaguy2995
4.50 - leroypowell3

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
13.50 Total Combined Score
13.50 / 3 = 4.50 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Gypsy Moth and Dansen Macabre: 3
Piecemeal: 1

• Like 1

AND NOW THE CONCLUSION

Tombstone and Bushwacker made their way through the sliding door of the elevator that had brought them into the subterranean hideout of the Headmen.  Bushwacker looked around at the dozen scientists checking tablets and conferring with each other in the clean, white lobby.  Tombstone’s focus was on Ruby Thursday as she walked up to meet them.  “Good evening, gentlemen.  So glad you could make it on such short notice.”  Bushwacker ducked as a drone buzzed past his head before crashing through a plexiglass screen.  Tombstone did not look impressed.  “How about you just tell us what this is all about?  Ever since my boys tangled with the Shroud’s I haven’t heard a peep from you people.  What do you want now?”  Ruby paused, her sphere humming.  “You have been… summoned by the new leader of the Headmen. MODOK has decided that since your bodyguard has received enhancements from us, he and the rest of your organization is better suited for our needs here, to beef up our security and containment teams.”  Tombstone raised an eyebrow.  “I’m not sending my people down here to be mall cops.  I have a business to run upstairs.  What do you need me for?” 

A cry of alarm rang out through the hall, and techs started running past.  Moth was darting through the air, holding up Dansen with strands.  The piecemeal creature that was Hubert Carpenter bounded after them on all fours, sending techs jumping out of the way.  It leaped into the air and slashed with his claws at Moth’s wings.  She cried out in pain as the wings were reduced to fragments and she and Dansen fell to the floor.  “These freaks again!”  Bushwacker exclaimed.  He started transforming his gun arm, but Dr. Wyndham ran up to them, waving his arms and being followed by White Rabbit.   “No!  You can’t interfere!” he shouted.  “MODOK has ordered that the experiment have no outside variables!”  Bushwacker looked in disbelief at Tombstone.  “Come on, boss.  You aren’t going to let these eggheads keep me from…” 

“Easy, Wacker,” said Tombstone, nodding at Piecemeal as it drew closer to the fallen Night Shifters.  “You wouldn’t want to get in the way of that thing.” 

“Yeah!” said White Rabbit.  “Unless you happen to have a vorpal blade handy!”  Bushwacker looked in confusion at White Rabbit.  “Who the hell are you?” 

Moth groaned as she rose to her feet, looking over as Dansen tried to join her.  “Hope you got some ideas, lady,” she said glancing over at Piecemeal.  “That thing is too strong for us.”  Dansen shook her head to clear the cobwebs then turned to face the patchwork beast.  “Just grow your wing back, and hold him steady for me.”  Piecemeal lunged for them as Moth leaped into the air, her tattered wings reforming to keep her aloft.  She pointed at a group of techs hiding behind a fallen table.  “Sorry, folks.  Gonna need those.”  The lab coats of the techs started coming undone.  The techs all took off running in terror as their coats and the rest of their clothes started being reduced to strands and float to Moth.  

Dansen jumped back to get some distance from Piecemeal, then began to twist and twirl.  She pirouetted in front of Piecemeal, who cocked it’s head in confusion.  “She’s using her power!” shouted Ruby Thursday.  “Bushwacker!  White Rabbit!  Strike now!” 

“No!” Wyndham snapped.  “The experiment must continue!”  Piecemeal shook it’s head and lunged forward with a roar, only for the strands that Moth had collected snag his wrists and ankles.  The strands pulled back into the air in front of Moth, her face taut in concentration.  Piecemeal snarled and thrashed.  His tail whipped backed and caught Moth’s head.  She fell to the ground with a thud, and the strands started to droop and fall with her.  Piecemeal clawed the threads off him and turned back to face Dansen.  “STOP!” she yelled in a loud voice.  She stood frozen before the beast with arms upraised.  And to the amazement of the Heademen watching, Piecemeal did freeze in place as well.  Dansen’s returned to her movements, letting her arms sway, rise and fall as she spun and dipped before the beast.  Finally, she crossed her arms in front of her and, with a determined look, yanked them apart from her.  The eyes of Piecemeal grew wide and his body swayed back and forth.  It let out a final whimper, before falling to the ground in a heap. 

“Hubert!” White Rabbit screeched.  Bushwacker aimed his gun arm and fired at Dansen.  She nimbly jumped out of the way and somersaulted over to Moth.  “Hope you know a dance that can make us bullet proof,” she groaned.  “Not quite,” said Dansen.  Dansen started going into another series of steps and intricate gestures.  Then she started spinning, faster and faster until she seemed to become a blur.  In a few seconds both her and Moth had vanished into thin air. 

Ruby Thursday’s sphere crackled angrily as she ran to a console and slammed the intercom button.  “Attention!  Attention all Headmen!  We have intruders!  They have enhanced abilities and are extremely dangerous!  Hand out infrared goggles to all personal!  Any sightings, report to Dr. Nagan!” 

“Correction!” Wyndham’s voice cried out.  “Report to MODOK!”  Ruby whirled on Wyndham, her electronic voice filled with rage.  “You’re MODOK is the reason we have Night Shift loose in our base!  Again!” 

“Do you mean to question the genius of our leader?” Wyndham asked.  Tombstone and Bushwacker started moving back towards the elevator.  “You clearly have your own issues to sort out,” said Tombstone coldly.  “If you’ll excuse me, I have important matters to see to.”  The elevator doors closed as Wyndham briskly walked back down the hall.  “And I must inform MODOK of our results.”  White Rabbit and Ruby Thursday looked at each other awkwardly for a moment, before Ruby let out a burst of frustrated static and walked off. 

Meanwhile, Moth and Dansen were still standing in the middle of the lobby where they had disappeared.  Moth looked on as the Headmen had all vacated the room.  “It worked!” she whispered.  “They can’t see us!  We’re…” 

“Hush, Moth!” Dansen hissed.  She was still in the middle of her dance, swaying and spinning to maintain the spell.  “I can drown some of our voices, but not everything!  So stay quiet!”  Dansen started traveling across the hall, Moth following after her.  “But where are we going?  We could get out of here!” 

“Not until we pick up some more information about the Headmen,” Dansen said, before going into a plie and a leap towards the doorway.  Moth grumbled and hurried after her. 

Ruby rushed into a testing chamber where Nagan, Morgan, and Chondu waited.  “This had gone too far, Nagan,” she ranted.  “I don’t care what Wyndham has said!  That MODOK isn’t a genius!  His ridiculous experiments have only led the Night Shift to our doorstep!”  Nagan put a paw on Ruby’s shoulder.  “Don’t worry, my dear.  The time of our return to glory is at hand.”  Ruby’s sphere glowed brightly.  “You mean… it’s finished?  It’s completed?”  Nagan nodded to Morgan and Chondu, who reached for a tarp covering an examination table.  “See for yourself.”  Pulling aside the tarp with hand and mechanical pincer, the Headmen revealed the form underneath.  It was a 15 foot tall robot, with gray skin and a rectangular shaped head.  Ruby looked over the robot, and turned back to Nagan.  “Brilliant work, Dr. Nagan,” she said.  “Thank you, Dr. Thursday,” Nagan said, gazing with pride at their creation.  “With this awesome android, we shall deal with MODOK, these other powered adversaries, and the Night Shift, once and for all, for Science!” 

Next Time: Doctor X Will Build A Creature!