Chun-Li: 3

Rumble 20567 Ed (Street Fighter) vs. Mama Odie vs. Pickle
MATCH SCORE
Ed (Street Fighter): 0
Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Marvel Civil War vs DC's Injustice

comic_book_fan

I haven't read much of Injustice, just the first volume of year 1 plus played both games. I like the story and the gameplay. Other than that I don't have much an opinion of it, It's fine.

I read Civil War when it came out. Read the tie ins a few years ago which are really good and in my opinion some of the best tie-ins for any event Marvel has done. I prefer it over Injustice but they're really different stories so I don't really think of them in the same category.

Civil War 100%. Civil War was more focused on creating a story and upending the Marvel Universe (which it did).

Injustice is a justification for a fighting game and the idea of "What if Superman became too authoritarian?" was done better in Kingdom Come.

18 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

I haven't read much of Injustice, just the first volume of year 1 plus played both games. I like the story and the gameplay. Other than that I don't have much an opinion of it, It's fine.

I read Civil War when it came out. Read the tie ins a few years ago which are really good and in my opinion some of the best tie-ins for any event Marvel has done. I prefer it over Injustice but they're really different stories so I don't really think of them in the same category.

yeah i read it when it came out but am just now reading the tie ins  the ff one was awesome  the wolverine one is pretty good it's the only one i read when originally came out  in the ff one you understand reed more  after reading it he is still a prick though lol 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Twogunkid said:

Civil War 100%. Civil War was more focused on creating a story and upending the Marvel Universe (which it did).

Injustice is a justification for a fighting game and the idea of "What if Superman became too authoritarian?" was done better in Kingdom Come.

really good point kingdom come was one of the greatest storys ever it's hard to argue this  i see injustice as  a tribute to the animated universe  it's a lot of fun  but lacks a little  granted i haven't read it all yet i really hope it has a different ending than the game 

13 hours ago, comic_book_fan said:

yeah i read it when it came out but am just now reading the tie ins  the ff one was awesome  the wolverine one is pretty good it's the only one i read when originally came out  in the ff one you understand reed more  after reading it he is still a prick though lol 

The FF tie in was by far the best one.

It also led to the Initiative and some of my favorite characters. I liked Komodo and the Two-Gun Kid got his own Initiative team from it.

I also feel Civil War did more for Marvel than Injustice has done for DC. Civil War put Iron Man back to the forefront as a major character and helped his popularity. It caused Marvel to bring Spider-Man back to basics. Hell, it started the comic book event craze of 2000s/10s. Such an important run for comics.

• 2 months later...
On 8/3/2021 at 11:44 PM, SSJRuss said:

I also feel Civil War did more for Marvel than Injustice has done for DC. Civil War put Iron Man back to the forefront as a major character and helped his popularity. It caused Marvel to bring Spider-Man back to basics. Hell, it started the comic book event craze of 2000s/10s. Such an important run for comics.

they were alot of fun inspired the matches  on here for like 2 years too