Hollow vs. X-23
MATCH SCORE
Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

1st Annual Verse City League Tournament Preliminary - Monster District - Team Big Lizzy vs. Team One-Eye

SSJRuss

The creators of the Grand Cross-Galactic Budokai Tenkaichi bring you the next entertainment extravaganza...

The Verse City League Tournament!

Districts all across Verse City have chosen to compete in teams of three to see which team will join the illustrious Verse City League, The Heroes of the Multiverse.

Before we begin however, let’s set the stage. Two teams of three fight the other inside our replica Khazan Battle Arena. A team wins when the opposing team is completely defeated either by KO, Death, or Submission.

Team members will work together as a team and as always, each combatant will have their respective powers and equipment that they can carry into the ring. No outside help or influence is allowed. And there is no prior knowledge of their opponents unless they’ve encountered each other prior to coming to Verse City.

Now, let’s continue the preliminaries...

The Monster District!

[Team Big Lizzy] - Anjanath, Blastoise, Zilla

VS

[Team One-Eye] - B.O.B, Beholder, Cyclops

Learn More About
Zilla
Read more about Zilla at Wikipedia
Official Site: Official web site Links: Wiki Entry Godzilla vs. Zilla Toho Kingdom Entry

Blastoise
Read more about Blastoise at Wikipedia
Official Site: Nintendo Links: Bulbapedia Pokemon of the Day Required Wikipedia

Anjanath
Read more about Anjanath at Wikipedia
Official Site: Capcom Links: Wikipedia

Cyclops (Power Rangers)
Read more about Cyclops (Power Rangers) at Wikipedia
Official Site: Saban Links: Wikipedia Nak's Power Rangers Power Rangers Wiki

B.O.B.
Read more about B.O.B. at Wikipedia
Official Site: DreamWorks Animation Links: Wikipedia Monsters vs. Aliens Wiki DreamWorks Wiki

Beholder
Read more about Beholder at Wikipedia
Official Site: Wizards of the Coast Links: Wikipedia

As far as I can tell, the only combatant on the first team that should really be a problem is Zilla, and the other real threat to Zilla is the Beholder. Ranking them in combat usefulness, I would say B.O.B., Anjanath, Blastoise, Zilla, then the Beholder. I think the damage output of arguably Blastoise and Zilla from the big lizard team (even though turtles aren't lizards) is higher than the Beholder, but that's only if you accept some very questionable pokedex scaling from Blastoise in my opinion, which is very unreliable. However, what the beholder lacks in damage output he more than makes up for in hax. Useless as B.O.B is, he's very hardy and wouldn't be easy to kill, so he could at least divert some attention from the beholder. A lot of the Beholder's beams rely on Wisdom checks, which none of the Lizards would have very high. Admittedly, that's a game mechanic, but we can understand that it is in some way reliant on the target having a strong will and being wise in order to resist the effect, which these lizards aren't really. The Beholder should be able to whittle down the strength of the lizards fairly well, and it's sturdy enough to survive a few hits from everyone except for maybe Zilla. However, Zilla isn't especially smart, and the Beholder is far smarter, and would know to target it. If it lands any status-affecting ability before Zilla can reach it, he'll be fine, and that assumes Zilla even goes straight for him. His Death ray should honestly one shot just about any of the fighters here other than Zilla, and none of them as far as I know have shown any substantial resistance to magic, so they should be pretty vulnerable to it. 

I don't know anything about the Cyclops so I didn't include him in my analysis, but if he's even marginally strong, team one-eye should be set to win

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I don't know anything about the Cyclops so I didn't include him in my analysis, but if he's even marginally strong, team one-eye should be set to win

Here is a video of Cyclops. 

Anyway, nice to see Cyclops in a match.

38 minutes ago, Venom 2009 said:

Here is a video of Cyclops. 

Anyway, nice to see Cyclops in a match.

Power Rangers is admittedly something of a blind spot in my pop culture knowledge, but if the Dragonzard is as strong as I remember, it should blow the Lizard team out of the water. Zilla from the TV show might be able to hold her own against it, but with the Beholder's hax hitting her too she would fall eventually

I don't even remember Cyclops from Power Rangers, I honestly just added him so that the team would have a theme. (I didn't even think of adding team names/themes until I posted the matches lol)

Cyclops looks pretty tough and it looks like he can disguise himself as other zords? Maybe he can do that to Zilla. That would certainly throw things off.

Love the analysis, @Peypeypeypey. BOB and Beholder are two monsters that I thought would make interesting matching. Beholder doesn't get used often and is very strong. Zilla and Blastoise are maybe it's biggest challenges though because of Zilla's size and Blastoise's damage output/defense. If Big Lizzy take out Beholder first somehow, then I think they have a good chance of winning. But for now this is in Team One Eye's corner.

@Peypeypeypey and @SSJRuss I think you two are both underestimating Cyclops and overvaluing Blastoise. You guys do know that Blastoise confirm size is 5’3 right? Cyclops could literally step on him.

Let me educate you guys a little on the Power Rangers universe: once in kaiju form even the average monster is capable of wiping out all life on Earth if the Rangers don’t stop them, and the fact is Cyclops is in one of the higher tiers of them considering he could perfectly mimic the Megazords form and power to a T! Like in the clip posted by Venom 2009, you see Tommy’s Dragonzord fighting him but being unable to defeat him, with Cyclops matching him blow for blow even knocking the Dragonzord down more times then the other way around. Also this was Cyclops second appearance, in his first appearance when the main fives fought him with the Megazord Cyclops was actual winning the fight until Tommy’s Dragonzord made two verses one and Cyclops retreated. Again the Megazords regularly fights and throws around giant enemies that probably weight on average 10,000 tons and who were created to wipe humanity off the face of the Earth! And not only did it take two of them to take on Cyclops, but it took them combining into the Ultrazord (basically their final trump card) to finally destroy him. 

Now if this was any other version of Godzilla, even Zilla Jr, this might be a close match but this is 1998 Zilla, literally the weakest version of Godzilla! Not only did it never fight another kaiju it’s own size it was literally killed by Air Force tactical missiles, not nukes, just regular missiles! Cyclops and his kind tank explosions that are at least comparable to nuclear bombs so no way does Zilla stand a chance against him. Again Blastoise is shorter then I am so he gets stepped on pretty early in this fight. Can’t say I’m familiar with Anjanath but if he’s considered weaker then Zilla or even Blastoise then I honestly think Cyclops could stomp all three of them by himself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

@Peypeypeypey and @SSJRuss I think you two are both underestimating Cyclops and overvaluing Blastoise. You guys do know that Blastoise confirm size is 5’3 right? Cyclops could literally step on him.

Let me educate you guys a little on the Power Rangers universe: once in kaiju form even the average monster is capable of wiping out all life on Earth if the Rangers don’t stop them, and the fact is Cyclops is in one of the higher tiers of them considering he could perfectly mimic the Megazords form and power to a T! Like in the clip posted by Venom 2009, you see Tommy’s Dragonzord fighting him but being unable to defeat him, with Cyclops matching him blow for blow even knocking the Dragonzord down more times then the other way around. Also this was Cyclops second appearance, in his first appearance when the main fives fought him with the Megazord Cyclops was actual winning the fight until Tommy’s Dragonzord made two verses one and Cyclops retreated. Again the Megazords regularly fights and throws around giant enemies that probably weight on average 10,000 tons and who were created to wipe humanity off the face of the Earth! And not only did it take two of them to take on Cyclops, but it took them combining into the Ultrazord (basically their final trump card) to finally destroy him. 

Now if this was any other version of Godzilla, even Zilla Jr, this might be a close match but this is 1998 Zilla, literally the weakest version of Godzilla! Not only did it never fight another kaiju it’s own size it was literally killed by Air Force tactical missiles, not nukes, just regular missiles! Cyclops and his kind tank explosions that are at least comparable to nuclear bombs so no way does Zilla stand a chance against him. Again Blastoise is shorter then I am so he gets stepped on pretty early in this fight. Can’t say I’m familiar with Anjanath but if he’s considered weaker then Zilla or even Blastoise then I honestly think Cyclops could stomp all three of them by himself.

I thought about adding Zilla Jr instead for balance but I know he's considerably stronger than his parent. It might have helped Team Big Lizzy in the long run though but even still Zilla is pretty big and comparable to Cyclops in size/height.

I see your point though. Cyclops maybe impossible to put down in this fight. I still think Blastoise can do damage in this battle, regardless of his size. A hyperbeam straight to an eye might be Team Big Lizzy's best strategy.

1 hour ago, SSJRuss said:

I thought about adding Zilla Jr instead for balance but I know he's considerably stronger than his parent. It might have helped Team Big Lizzy in the long run though but even still Zilla is pretty big and comparable to Cyclops in size/height.

I really think you should have used Zilla Jr. I feel like he’d at least give Cyclops a match.

4 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

I did openly admit I knew nothing about Power Rangers. 

The only thing I would add is that Pokemon scaling can be absolutely bonkers. If the Pokedex is taken literally, Machamp can move mountains with one arm, Dialga and Palkia have complete control over time and space, Arceus created the universe, Magcargo is hotter than the surface of the sun, and Gardevoir can create small black holes. I obviously don't think these should be taken literally, I'm just throwing out that it's really hard to judge exactly how strong pokemon are based on their size alone because the universe is wildly inconsistent and doesn't really make much sense 

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I did openly admit I knew nothing about Power Rangers. 

The only thing I would add is that Pokemon scaling can be absolutely bonkers. If the Pokedex is taken literally, Machamp can move mountains with one arm, Dialga and Palkia have complete control over time and space, Arceus created the universe, Magcargo is hotter than the surface of the sun, and Gardevoir can create small black holes. I obviously don't think these should be taken literally, I'm just throwing out that it's really hard to judge exactly how strong pokemon are based on their size alone because the universe is wildly inconsistent and doesn't really make much sense 

The thought just occurred to me that this would be different if you factor in Gigantamax Blastoise. He's got a lot more firepower and is over 80 feet tall. Could even the odds...