Crimson Typhoon: 4

Rumble 20581 Zyclops vs. Whitespikes
MATCH SCORE
Zyclops: 2
Whitespikes: 1

Tournaments in 2021

Fox

Hey everybody.

It's that time of year again when we pay Amazon Web Services their annual fee for electric ferret.

That's a big hit to the website budget, so I won't be running any prize tournaments for several months.

However, you all should absolutely feel free to organize for fun tournaments if you would like to.

Thanks!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fox said:

Hey everybody.

It's that time of year again when we pay Amazon Web Services their annual fee for electric ferret.

That's a big hit to the website budget, so I won't be running any prize tournaments for several months.

However, you all should absolutely feel free to organize for fun tournaments if you would like to.

Thanks!

You want to start a patreon or something? Some way us folk here at CBUB can donate if we can?

27 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

You want to start a patreon or something? Some way us folk here at CBUB can donate if we can?

At the bottom of the "Your Control Panel" page, there's a tip jar for anyone interested in popping some love in there.

It just goes to maintain the site.

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Fox said:

At the bottom of the "Your Control Panel" page, there's a tip jar for anyone interested in popping some love in there.

It just goes to maintain the site.

Good to know. Guess I should look first lol

• 3 weeks later...

You may be wondering what it costs to run a website such as this.

The answer is: $3,500 a year.  (Not including any prize tournaments).

That's the total for Amazon Web Services for the server and related infrastructure costs, Cloudflare and Invision Power Board (the forums software).

Thankfully I can do all the work related to keeping up the site myself and don't pay anybody.

I provide that info just as an FYI.  I don't require donations to keep the site up and I don't run ads here.  Pretty much I would keep the site up regardless as long as I could afford to do so.

Thanks!