Ken Masters: 4

Guardian (Marvel Comics) vs. Captain Britain
MATCH SCORE
Guardian (Marvel Comics): 0
Captain Britain: 4

The CBUB in 2021

Fox

Hi All.

It has been maybe 7 months since re-opening the site.  Thanks for hanging out and participating!

Here's some of the things that I'm looking at for the site in the new year.

Monthly Flash Fiction Tournaments - monthly tournament will resume with a new Rating system. 

The 5 star rating system that the forum has is cool but too limited.  There is just not enough flexibility in the Forum 5-Star System to give more fine grained scores (like, say, a 4.5 or 4.6).  So the Tournaments will return when I build a new rating mechanism for our wonderful Match Judges to use.

Fantasy Teams - the fantasy teams has been fun, I think.  It is an evolving system, and is getting updates and changes based on feedback  of it.  We'll keep on playing and improving it as we go!

CBUB Database - There are several Wikis out there which have data about the characters that are in the CBUB Database.  I'm hoping to connect to those Wikis and use their data to make the entries in the CBUB database easier to use in battles.  The VS Battles Wiki is one that could be really useful.

Other Stuff - I'll keep fixing things or adding features when you bring them to my attention, of course.  Just let me know.

You can, of course, use the site features like the Blog section to post things that interest you.  I use mine for the occasional Anime review.

I would like the site to be the best it can be at what it is!

All that said... the CBUB has returned to a very different world than the one it left.  As far as getting new members goes, this is probably about as good as it gets.  I point this out because some of you have asked or mentioned it.

I've tried running ads and so forth - it's money down the drain to no effect. 

This is a very niche kind of website and this is not the halcyon days of the 1990's when comics were king and the internet was young.

Anyways, this site is here because you asked for it to be here - and as long as you are entertained by it, that's really all that matters to me, personally.  I'll just keep doing what I do and trying to make it better. 

Thanks! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4