Bazooka: 0
Steve (Minecraft): 2
Jackson Storm: 0

Archangel vs. Gambit
MATCH SCORE
Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

Match 14794 Tinker Bell vs. Wednesday Addams

Tinkerbell soared through the darkening skies, a trail of pixie dust left in her wake.  Her thoughts had not been focusing on where she was flying, only subconsciously changing direction to avoid trees or houses.  Her mind was filled with the same thoughts.  Never again!  Never again!  That stupid, silly ass!  Never again!  For years she had been there for Peter Pan, traveling with him around the world and back to Neverland with human children who wanted adventure.  Some stayed to be Lost Boys, some asked to go home to their mothers, but Peter always had to find a mother.  Or to be specific, a Wendy. 

Tinkerbell silently fumed, not evening noticing storm clouds forming.  It was always Wendy.  Oh, the girls may have not had the same voice or face, but Peter was always comparing them to Wendy!  After being with him through all those adventures, she would always be second to Wendy.  Well, not anymore.  No more Neverland, no more Peter.  Let him and those Lost Boys find their own way to fly. 

Tinkerbell’s daydreaming was interrupted by the rumble of thunder.  Tinkerbell could feel the rain drops hitting her wings, throwing her off balance as the wind knocked her off course.  She squinted her eyes to see if there was any shelter from the storm up ahead.  Before her was the gloomiest house she had ever seen.  The shutters banged open and shut, and a vulture was perched on the roof.  Tinkerbell flew to a window that was open a crack and attempted to squeeze through.  Unfortunately, she found herself stuck halfway.  Cursing her hips, Tinkerbell heaved at the same time as the storm winds pushed the window open and sent her tumbling to the bear rug. 

Tinkerbell rose to her feet, flapping her wings to dry them faster.  She walked across the rug, and looked around the room.  Mounted animal heads hung from the walls, a harpsichord was sat in the corner, and the room was only lit by two candelabras dripping wax on the floor.  Tinkerbell made her way over to the fireplace, and turned to allow the heat to dry off her wings.  She had just turned back to warm her hands, when she felt a sudden rush of air and heard the sound of glass slamming down around her.  Tinkerbell was trapped in an upturned fish bowl.  Tinkerbell looked up and saw a girl in a blue dress and pig tails.    Her hands were firmly pressed on the sides of the bowl, and she wore the most serious expression Tinkerbell had ever seen on a child. 

“Well?  What have you to say for yourself?”  the girl said.  Tinkerbell pounded on the walls of bowl, her voice jingling furiously.   The girl raised her finger to her lips to shush her.  “Now, there’s no need for language like that.  Grandmama had told me stories about people like you.  You’re a fairy, aren’t you?”  Tinkerbell continued kicking and hitting the bowl.  The girl leaned in closer.  “Well, that is unfortunate.  Because I don’t believe in…”  Tinkerbell froze.  She could feel her heart tightening in her chest. 

“…Trespassers,” finished the girl.  Tinkerbell gave a sigh of relief, sinking down to the floor.  The girl looked down with a smug look at Tinkerbell.  “I had wondered what it would look like to see a fairy die.  But, luckily for you, I must admit to being bored here by myself.  Mother, Father, and the rest all went to California to watch the wildfires.  It all seemed a little to cheery for me.  So they let me stay behind.  But now, I wouldn’t mind having Pugsley around to play with.” 

Tinkerbell’s ears pricked up.  Perhaps she could get on the good side of this human, and she would let her go.  She jumped to her feet, waving and pointing to herself.  The girl cocked her head.  “You would like to play?”  Tinkerbell nodded excitedly.  “Do you know how to play tag?”  Tinkerbell gave a friendly smile, and ‘tagged’ the inside of the bowl.  “Very well.  We will play tag.  I’ll let you out of the bowl.  If you can evade me for one hour, I’ll let you leave unharmed.  And I will be trying to tag you, with that.”  The girl pointed across the room to a wicker chair.  On it, sat a crossbow and a quiver of arrows. 

Tinkerbell’s smile died on her lips.  “I have been meaning to practice my archery,” the girl explained.  “And it is better with a moving target.”  Tinkerbell scooted to the far side of fishbowl, as far as she could get from the girl.  She gave an impatient look.  “Now don’t back out now.  You can either agree and have a chance to leave, or be difficult and force me to express my beliefs on fairies.”  Tinkerbell glared up through the glass, then motioned across her heart.  The girl sighed.  “Promises?  Oh very well.  I, Wednesday Addams, solemnly swear to only attempt to kill you by items in this house, not by expressing disbelief of any kind.  You have my word as an Addams.  Do we have a deal?”  Tinkerbell gave a moments thought, as she did, feeling how her wings had dried out.  She nodded up at Wednesday.  “Very well, fairy, let the game begin…now!”  Wednesday lifted the fishbowl off the ground, but Tinkerbell stayed sat on the floor.  Still holding the bowl, Wednesday leaned over.  “Didn’t you hear?  I said the game had begu….”  Before Wednesday could finish Tinkerbell took flight, buzzing past her head and grabbing her by the pigtails.  Wednesday gave a cry and threw the fishbowl to the ground shattering it.  Tinkerbell yanked on Wednesday’s hair and sent her spiraling around the living room.  Giving one last tug, Tinkerbell let go and Wednesday slammed into a wall, causing a mounted moose head to fall on top of her.  Tinkerbell took a moment to laugh at the girl with the head of moose, until Wednesday moved it aside.  She gave a look that could barely pass for a smile.  “Well, this will be more fun than I thought.” 

Wednesday lunged for the wicker chair, grabbed the crossbow, notched an arrow, and fired.  Tinkerbell dodged left, and the arrow embedded itself in the wall.  Tinkerbell flew to the window she got in by, only to find it latched shut.  Another arrow narrowly missed her, ricocheting off the window and into a suit of armor.   As Tinkerbell sprinted up the stairwell, with the sounds of the mad girl readying another arrow right behind her, she promised herself that if she survived the next hour she would be heading straight back to Neverland.  Peter might be tiresome with his ‘Wendy’s’, but at least none of them used her for target practice! 

So…..

Tinkerbell: Wins by evading Wednesday for one hour. 

Wednesday Addams: Wins by shooting/capturing Tinkerbell

The mansion is locked shut.  Wednesday and Tinkerbell can use anything inside the mansion, but Wednesday cannot simply say, “I don’t believe fairies” and kill Tinkerbell. 

Game On!

The only archery skills I remember the Adams Family having is during Adams Family 2 (the movie), where Wednesday's brother shoots a bald eagle straight outta the sky. Luckily, Tinker Bell is a lot smaller and a lot more agile than any bird would ever hope of being. She's akin to a dragonfly, and sniping that out of the air would prove very tricky, albeit not impossible.

With that said, Wednesday has not showcased the necessary skills to do this, but even then, it can't go without saying that I loved this setup.

Unfortunately, Tinker Bell wins.

Very good match, broadwaybeyonder. Welcome back! :) 

As for the match, I too am having trouble remembering how good Wednesday was in archery, but she likely has other tools to try to kidnap Tinkerbell. Thing is, Tinkerbell has loads of experience evading capture and fire from the Pirates and natives from Wonderland. She shouldn't have a whole lot of trouble evading a less-experienced Wednesday for an hour.

Sorry I took so long to read this. Your writing is great and I love the setup. Characterization is spot on.

If Tinkerbell only has to avade for an hour, I think she can pull it off. Wednesday is uphold her end of the deal and won't attack her one second after.

• 3 years later...