Crimson Typhoon: 4

Rumble 20581 Zyclops vs. Whitespikes
MATCH SCORE
Zyclops: 2
Whitespikes: 1

Tales of Belleterra, Adventurer's Guild - RP

OMFG

22 minutes ago, IKA said:

As her fellow adventurer's move on, Elbine awakens in a treeline, all her clothes removed. Doing her best to hide behind a tree to hide herself by any passersby, she desperately tries to recall what happened. She remembers kneeling down outside the camp, she had decided she was going to take her companion's advice and stay back. She then recalls a man walking up to her saying he can feel her conflict Elbine confused as ever walked to the man before suddenly becoming incresibly dizzy. In the last moments of her hazy memory, she recalls looking up at... Herself? Did a Changling steal her appearance? If so, what has happened, and where are here guild members.

As she found herself struggling to find her surroundings, Elbine would be met by a strange glowing light.

Out of the center of the earth in front of her, a dimensional rift would rip open the ground, opening a portal to another world. Hellfire and brimstone began to rain from the rift, spreading death everywhere.

Out of the portal, a bony hand would outstretch and encompass Elbine's body, dragging her through the hole!

Gryheia, Goddess of the Damned, would catch Elbine and pull her into hell. Never to be heard from again, forced to suffer an eternity of endless pain and suffering.

1 hour ago, OMFG said:

Hellfire and brimstone began to rain from the rift, spreading death everywhere.

Cliff flared his nostrils. "Does anyone smell sulfur? Oh, did Corvo fart when he flew off? That's just rude."

3 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

"I propose we take Drondos to her. Force a conversation between the two and leave it at that. If Bertha left for something so simple, then I feel Drondos won't be easily swayed."

"These two were so incapable of coming to a conclusion that one ran off into the woods to be a bandit chief, and the other sent us out to possibly kill her. The best we could hope for is one of them taking out the other when they get together.

And don't fret Muggy, I'm sure there's plenty of work outside of these assholes. And so far I've... Well, not enjoyed everyone's company, but it's interesting. So we will continue together."

Corvo landed, his expression bemused as he spoke.

"So.... Apparently the brimstone and such came from up ahead. Around where we buried the weirdo if I'm any judge." He paused and then in all seriousness spoke.

"I think Elbine was dragged down to Hell." : |

Just now, Bergy_Berg said:

"Corvo it's fine, everyone farts. Don't make insane shit up. There's no need to be embarrassed."

"Believe me my friend if it was me? You'd all be dead." He grinned and added more seriously.

"There's a faint smoke trail up ahead. I would have flown over but we've seen what happens when we rush ahead."

Making haste towards Eastrun, the party would arrive there at sunrise.

The city remained as it was when they left, it had been a week since the party departed on their first official adventure. What was meant to be a simple scouting mission, ended up in the betrayal and slaying of a companion. Here's to see how exactly Drondos, the guild master would react. Also, how the guild would react to Drondos now that they know he was the cause for the bandits in the first place.

Towards the Adventurer's Guild moan house, sat Drondos on his stool. He was busy going over some paperwork, humming contently to himself. He spoke to the party without glancing at them, knowing who walked in before they entered.

"Ah, welcome back, welcome back. Tell me, how did you fare? Were you able to figure out the reason of the banditry?"

Also, Komi was hanging out with Drondos. 

53 minutes ago, OMFG said:

The city remained as it was when they left, it had been a week since the party departed on their first official adventure. What was meant to be a simple scouting mission, ended up in the betrayal and slaying of a companion. Here's to see how exactly Drondos, the guild master would react. Also, how the guild would react to Drondos now that they know he was the cause for the bandits in the first place.

Towards the Adventurer's Guild moan house, sat Drondos on his stool. He was busy going over some paperwork, humming contently to himself. He spoke to the party without glancing at them, knowing who walked in before they entered.

"Ah, welcome back, welcome back. Tell me, how did you fare? Were you able to figure out the reason of the banditry?"

On the path back to Eastrun, Farley would spend a little more quality time with the group. He'd tell them stories of his past travels and the interesting things he has encountered. He'd also enjoy his stops along the way with Muggy to get water. He found Muggy to be funny and glad he could meet someone who liked water so much.

Farley wouldn't respond to Drondos, instead he'd look to the others and get himself a nice cup of juice, find a stool and sit.

OOC: Can I roll for charisma to see how much the group likes Farley and enjoys being in the group? Would that be charisma?

1 hour ago, OMFG said:

On the way back to Eastrun, Clara would make small talk to Cliff, Muggy, & Farley just to get to know them a little bit better. She would also read up on her spellbooks to see if she could learn some new magic tricks along the way back. Clara would be absolutely blunt towards Corvos for a while, the young magi just needed a little bit more time to process things that had transpired throughout the last week since leaving the guild.

Cliff walks up to the table where Drondos is going over the papers, raises his axe high, and buries it in the table, making sure to split through the largest stack of papers visible.

He lets out a low, snarling growl. "We are very unhappy with you. A fucking toilet seat?"

3 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Cliff walks up to the table where Drondos is going over the papers, raises his axe high, and buries it in the table, making sure to split through the largest stack of papers visible.

He lets out a low, snarling growl. "We are very unhappy with you. A fucking toilet seat?"

"I know, right?" Clara speaks up as well, "Do you know how infuriating that is when guys do that all the time? I honestly don't blame Bertha for living out there like that."

Just now, SSJRuss said:

On the path back to Eastrun, Farley would spend a little more quality time with the group. He'd tell them stories of his past travels and the interesting things he has encountered. He'd also enjoy his stops along the way with Muggy to get water. He found Muggy to be funny and glad he could meet someone who liked water so much.

Just now, The Boob Tube said:

On the way back to Eastrun, Clara would make small talk to Cliff, Muggy, & Farley just to get to know them a little bit better. She would also read up on her spellbooks to see if she could learn some new magic tricks along the way back. Clara would be absolutely blunt towards Corvos for a while, the young magi just needed a little bit more time to process things that had transpired throughout the last week since leaving the guild.

Corvo knew he would be challenged when he stepped out of the Ravenholde Abbey.

He didn't expect it to be from his own companions, but so be it. He was content turning it over in his mind that he did the right thing. When it came down to it, when someone was seeking to harm Innocents? The skill he had honed was enough to overcome it. All he had to do was keep fighting. 

That said, the travel back was much more pleasant despite everything as he formed his opinions of each person.

Cliff, despite his barbaric exterior was a sentient of forethought. He considered before he struck,took it upon himself like Corvo to keep peace and raised his weapon as a last resort from what Corvo understood. Despite the fact he had left the talks with Bertha to them, Corvo suspected had there been no other choice he would have done his best irregardless.

Strong too...Corvo had asked for a spar one night and found himself pleasantly hard-pressed. Out of all of them, he felt a bond with Cliff forged in empathy for being men of thought and action.

Muggy was an innocent soul despite everything. Corvo found himself charmed by how he worried he had done evil, especially when all he did was hold still as he was in no position to help lest the crazed Tabaxi fire an arrow in their guts. He was earnest and well meaning, willing to learn and seemed to forge a friendship with Farley over their shared heritage.

Farley he liked. The monk shared values similar to his own and did his best to fill the air with stories of his travels. Of places that the Tiefling had never seen before, save in stories and books. He was a well-traveled soul and it showed in his patience and the serenity he excuded. Which left the last member, whom he had a rather low opinion of at this point.

Despite knowing what Elbine would have done, as well as the rather creepy (in hindsight) fixiation on her over the past few days, she still acted as if it would have been preferable if one of the others had died in place of Elbine. Would she still act like this if Muggy had been buried? Cliff? Farley? He didn't know. All he knew was that for some reason, she took closer to heart the actions of a violent, arrogant, deliberately anti-social Tabaxi with no honor than she seemingly did her living teammates.

It colored his perception of her and he made a mental note to keep an eye on her in future if they stuck together. He didn't need the delusions of someone whose mindset resembled that of an abused spouse continually making excuses for those undeserving. And so he was nothing more than polite but no further with her. The first impressions were the lasting ones after all.

And then all too soon, the rooftops of Eastrun was before them.

Just now, OMFG said:

Corvo was of a like mind. His glare took advantage of his fiendish heritage, livid in the coldness radiating off him as he kept a hand on his sword. And then Clara made to speak. Perhaps she would talk about the loss of potential Innocents? How it cost merchants on the road who otherwise might have traded with Eastrun, or the fact that the guild master had kept this from them-.

Just now, The Boob Tube said:

"I know, right?" Clara speaks up as well, "Do you know how infuriating that is when guys do that all the time? I honestly don't blame Bertha for living out there like that."

....Corvo could feel his opinion sinking even lower of the wizard. Perhaps he shouldn't have expected anything more. But then he actually was shocked out of his anger. Not enough, but to a point where he could behave without raising his voice.

Just now, OMFG said:

Komi was here!

He gave her a nod of greetings, a small smile splitting his face behind the mask before he turned to the guild master and spoke.

"We are all angry, yes...But I find myself disappointed. These bandits are worse than normal ones. They at least do not pretend that there is anything noble in what they do. But these? They target folks for no reason than a twisted ideology. They cripple people, rob them of anything they need to survive and leave them to die, claiming it's not murder. I had thought they had an actual cause that we may try to address them. I had thought we were going to help people who had been abused and thought this was their only recourse left. To find out that it was all a lie and over such a banal issue infuriated me. And against our worse instincts, we left them quietly and unmolested...Though not on a lack of trying from one of our number."

His mouth curled beneath the mask in a snarl as he spoke. "Elbine is dead. We had to rescue him from his wounds after he tried to attack them and when we opted for peaceful methods, he went ahead and ambushed us in an attempt to strong arm us into following him. He threatened to shoot us if we made a move against him and I warned him and gave him an ultimatum to surrender. He did not. And I did my duty." 

He reached into his lapel, pulling out his badge for the guild as he weighed it in hand.

And then he placed it gently on the desk.

"Tell me there is something behind this. Tell me that we did not go through all this trouble, that all these had been ignored because of a toilet seat. If not...Then consider this my resignation."

He didn't need a badge to do good in the world.

And he had a feeling some of this group would follow him anyway, his eyes meeting Komi as a touch of his stress shone through his eyes.

49 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

With a wave of his hand, Cliff's axe lifted off the table and was placed on a chair.

"My, you're the angry one." Drondos chuckled, waving his hands again as the papers that were cleaved in half automatically put themselves back together, mending at the point of contact.

Taking the letter that was given to him from Bertha, he snapped his fingers, the letter glowed a bright blue and returned to normal.

"Has it not occured to any of you that this letter may have had an illusion cast on it? No one tried to detect magic? Rookie mistake."

He briefly glanced over the contents of the note, scanning the information that was now revealed.

"Ah, a simple request. I'll make sure to have the city Militia handle this. I'm am glad you did not engage Bertha, she is quite the powerful foe. Nonetheless, you have completed the mission that was assigned to you."

He pulled out a few silver pieces, 5 each, and gave them to the members of the guild.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Fowl said:

"His mouth curled beneath the mask in a snarl as he spoke. "Elbine is dead. We had to rescue him from his wounds after he tried to attack them and when we opted for peaceful methods, he went ahead and ambushed us in an attempt to strong arm us into following him. He threatened to shoot us if we made a move against him and I warned him and gave him an ultimatum to surrender. He did not. And I did my duty." 

He reached into his lapel, pulling out his badge for the guild as he weighed it in hand.

"Elbine is dead .. that's rough buddy. I assumed she was one of the bad ones. Hiding her gender might've fooled the common man, but that is something that I am not. Young Corvo, do not be disheartened over morality. As much as it pains to say, the missions that you take are for the good of the realm. Sometimes, certain things will conflict with your personal views, that is to be expected. I trust you as a member of the guild to make the right decision when it comes down to it."

Just now, OMFG said:

Elbine is dead .. that's rough buddy. I assumed she was one of the bad ones. Hiding her gender might've fooled the common man, but that is something that I am not. Young Corvo, do not be disheartened over morality. As much as it pains to say, the missions that you take are for the good of the realm. Sometimes, certain things will conflict with your personal views, that is to be expected. I trust you as a member of the guild to make the right decision when it comes down to it."

"But what was the point, sir?"

Corvo stood tall, his voice breaking briefly as he looked at the old man and asked.

"What good is there to be found in anything that happened to us?"

2 hours ago, Hugo Fowl said:

"But what was the point, sir?"

Corvo stood tall, his voice breaking briefly as he looked at the old man and asked.

"What good is there to be found in anything that happened to us?"

Drondos looked Corvo in the eyes, a warm smile brightened up his face.

"It seems plenty good has come from what you've done. According to this letter, Bertha and her gang decided to return home, given that the city guard take care of some people that caused the women to lash out. You worked well as a team...well the majority did...You've gained experience, and learned to be a leader. Trust me, I've seen many experienced adventurers who would've disregarded my request to spy on the bandit camp, and would've attacked."

Taking his attention off of Corvo, addressing the rest of the party.

"Now, the rest of you lot, ask your questions, get rid of your doubts."

Just now, OMFG said:

Drondos looked Corvo in the eyes, a warm smile brightened up his face.

"It seems plenty good has come from what you've done. According to this letter, Bertha and her gang decided to return home, given that the city guard take care of some people that caused the women to lash out. You worked well as a team...well the majority did...You've gained experience, and learned to be a leader. Trust me, I've seen many experienced adventurers who would've disregarded my request to spy on the bandit camp, and would've attacked."

Taking his attention off of Corvo, addressing the rest of the party.

"Now, the rest of you lot, ask your questions, get rid of your doubts."

Oh.

Corvo was confused and a little bewildered as he tried to make sense of it. Before deciding to think better of it for now as he asked.

"One more thing sir...Group C is short a member now." He glanced at Komi as he added casually.

"We could use a healer and diplomat."

7 minutes ago, Hugo Fowl said:

Oh.

Corvo was confused and a little bewildered as he tried to make sense of it. Before deciding to think better of it for now as he asked.

"One more thing sir...Group C is short a member now." He glanced at Komi as he added casually.

"Oh I thought this was our new maid!"

Drondos adjusted his glasses and looked at Komi closely.

"Well...sure she can join you lot. Just don't kill her, I'm running out of copper adventure badges. Now I've heard rumors that an area in the forests where you were got hit by some sort of...fire bomb? Sulfur, ashes, mystical glowing energy, was any clue as to what that could be?"

14 minutes ago, OMFG said:

Sulfur, ashes, mystical glowing energy, was any clue as to what that could be?"

Cliff retrieves his axe. "Corvo farted, though he won't admit it. No big deal.

Also, it would have been nice of you to tell us your personal connection to Bertha before we went out. May have been useful information."

OOC: I totally misread/misremembered that we were sent to investigate, not clear our. So, glad we didn't just burn the place to the ground.

Cliff retrieves his axe. "Corvo farted, though he won't admit it. No big deal.

"I told you if it was me, you'd be dead." Corvo bantered back, hearing of the fiery destruction.

That said, this WAS something more serious as he asked. "How much leeway do we have in investigating this and are we expected to liase with local authorities?"

1 hour ago, Hugo Fowl said:

Oh.

Clara takes her share of the five silver and responds to Corvo. "If it's healing that you're looking for, Corvo, it just so happens that I could provide you boys with some healing potions. I just need some time & ingredients to get it all together."

A letter suddenly appears above Dorodos desk.

The note reads as follows.

"I'm not sure how it happened, but I have found myself torn into another dimension, the demonic leader of this realm had told me there is no way to ever return. 

To make matters worse, it seems, I have been chased into hell itself by someone I once considered family.

Regardless of the situation, I will never be able to return to the guild,

The devil himself has explained to me that a changling stole my identity and attacked the guild... I was going to do exactly the same thing so it seems he stole my personality as well. I was told I was slain by Corvo, and that Clara may hold a grudge against him for that reason.

Please let them know... Corvo made the right decision, I would have killed the only people who ever treated me as a friend, it is an irredeemable action and something I will regret for eternity. 

I have been damned to an eternity in hell, my soul in eternal torture as I am reminded of every mistake I have ever made over and over again, however, after being tracked to hell, I was given a brief moment to deliver this letter.

Should this ever reach you guys, which I'll never truly know as there is no way to respond, please know that I apologize for my actions, and accept my eternal punishment. Please make sure nobody ever attempts to contact me back or they will also be torn to hell and suffer the same fate as I. I will never be able to return, in any form.

- The Nameless Tabaxi."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IKA said:

A letter suddenly appears above Dorodos desk.

The note reads as follows....

- The Nameless Tabaxi."

Drondos snaps his fingers and burns the letter to a crisp before he gets the chance to read it.

Muggy enjoyed the travel back to the Adventuring Guild more than the travel to the camp. He had struck out with a couple of ladies on the forst leg of their adventure. But that bitterness faded as the group grew closer together.  They were all getting to know each other better and pal-ing around. Like pals. 

He did have a lil melt down back there about the morality of their trip and what hand he played in another’s demise. But he was reassured that what happened couldn’t have been helped. 

Then an awful smell followed them for a bit. 

Then they met a new lady. She seemed nice. 

The he was handed five silver pieces. 

And as uneventful as the previous mission and they all made it back safe, mostly. He was eager to chase the glory that had eluded him all his life. “What’s the next job Drondos? Do you have any monsters to fight? What I wouldn’t give to save some folks from a pack of Grimlocks Or something.”