Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Rumble 20581 Zyclops vs. Whitespikes
MATCH SCORE
Zyclops: 2
Whitespikes: 1

August 2020 CBUB Tournament

Fox

I see Ultraman is already in the database. There is only one incarnation of Ultraman from the '80s. Do I need to add him as his own character entry, Or should I just use the profile we have? I ask because Ultraman changes from show to show.

On 7/30/2020 at 3:14 PM, SSJRuss said:

I see Ultraman is already in the database. There is only one incarnation of Ultraman from the '80s. Do I need to add him as his own character entry, Or should I just use the profile we have? I ask because Ultraman changes from show to show.

I'm sorry, I don't really know anything about Ultraman.  Use your judgement on it.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple questions:

1: Does the setup have to take place during the 80's or only with characters from the 80's?

2: Do characters who were not in publication during the 80's, but are instead set in the 80's still count?

16 hours ago, IKA said:

A couple questions:

1: Does the setup have to take place during the 80's or only with characters from the 80's?

2: Do characters who were not in publication during the 80's, but are instead set in the 80's still count?

Hi IKA

There is nothing in the rules regarding the set-up.  Just the pool of possible characters.

Players may only use characters in the Tournament from Television shows (including Music Videos - MTV), Movies, Video Games and Commercials released in the decade of the 1980's.

So, the set-up is whatever you want it to be.  As long as it uses characters as described above.

For your second question, the characters to be used must have been released on Film, Television or a VIdeo Game in the 1980's.

Also, "Publication" like comic books are not in scope.  Film, Television, Video Games ... only released in the decade of 1980's.

I hope this helps

1 minute ago, OMFG said:

Good luck everyone! I'm afraid I have to sit this one out 😔

Sorry to hear that buddy. Just take it easy, I'm sure there will be another next month.

Though next month is my birthday so... if I don't win it'll be unfair lol

5 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

Looking at my calendar for September, are we doing another tournament? If so, what is the theme?

I wanna be ahead so I can plan accordingly.

September Tournament:  Fantasy vs. Sci-Fi. 

Use 1 contender from the Fantasy Category and 1 Contender from the Sci-Fi category.

Players should feel free to add New Sci-Fi or Fantasy contenders to the CBUB Database for their match.  There's probably 7 years worth of potential new contenders out there.

14 minutes ago, Fox said:

September Tournament:  Fantasy vs. Sci-Fi. 

Use 1 contender from the Fantasy Category and 1 Contender from the Sci-Fi category.

Players should feel free to add New Sci-Fi or Fantasy contenders to the CBUB Database for their match.  There's probably 7 years worth of potential new contenders out there.

Thanks for the heads up, Fox. I might already have something in the works for that.

I'm assuming we're sticking with 2 matches since it's the most manageable.

4 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

Thanks for the heads up, Fox. I might already have something in the works for that.

I'm assuming we're sticking with 2 matches since it's the most manageable.

yep, 2 matches

2 hours ago, G4hardcore said:

Do the two matches need to be connected in any way?

Not necessarily.

Every month has it's own Theme and you have to create two Matches which meet the criteria of the theme.

SCORE REPORT:
ViceCityMobster86 - Only one match created. Tourney required two.
The Boob Tube - Only one match created.  Tourney required two.

Bergy_berg - Two Matches Complete - 38 / 10 = 3.8

Hugo Fowl - Two Matches Complete - 42 / 10 = 4.2

SSJRuss - Two Matches Complete - 62 / 13 = 4.76

First Place Winner: SSJRuss

Second Place Winner: Hugo Fowl

Congrats! And thanks for the wonderful matches this month.

That Bugs Bunny vs. Strahd match was fantastic.  If it had met the Tourney criteria, this one might have been a different outcome.

• Like 1