The Xenomorph Queen: 5

Rumble 20588 Waldstein vs. Metera vs. Mutagen Man
MATCH SCORE
Waldstein: 0
Metera: 1
Mutagen Man: 2

CBUB current status

Fox

The rated matches and rumbles that were at time are completed.

The final results are feeding into the slider widget at the top. 

You can hide the slider by pressing the Eye icon near the notifications widget.  I think it is cool to give new visitors an idea of what's happening here but it may get tiring after awhile.  So you can turn it off there.

I'll be working on feeding New matches people create to the Slider tomorrow.  And, also, taking a fresh look at the Character Addition functionality and fixing it.

Besides those things, the regular CBUB as you've known it is pretty much complete.  So... enjoy!  Will look into a Fantasy Draft contest in a couple weeks.

The next major thing would be to start dredging up the FPL from its watery grave... which I'm kind of dreading, actually, because it's so damn complicated. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, I_KNOW_ALL said:

Just Copy and Paste the relevant part of the Wikipedia on the Gallery submission. When you go to add the character on CBUB the text will travel from the link provided in the gallery link. 

I did that, it wasn't showing up, hemce the issue.  My apologies if that wasn't clear before.

Also, not sure if this is a glitch, but my last match got a rating of a 4.2, when I thought the highest possible was a 4.0, and it brought my ranking down.

2 hours ago, Nesh said:

Also, not sure if this is a glitch, but my last match got a rating of a 4.2, when I thought the highest possible was a 4.0, and it brought my ranking down.

Yes, this is an error.  Thanks for pointing it out.

Previously it used a Grade Point Average calculation which would be capped at 4.0.

Now we use a 5 Stars calculation which would be capped at 5.

Stars are so much cooler than a GPA.  Amirite?

Let us calculate your new weighted average.

Note: the CBUB has always used a 1-5 rate system so it is compatible with the new Stars system.

You have created 132 matches and have been rated by 769 people with the following rates.

Five Star: (546 * 5) +

Four Star: (119 * 4) +

Threee Star: (1 * 3) +

Two Star: (130 * 2) +

One Star: (0 * 0)

2730   +   476     +    3    +    260    +    0   = 3469

3469  score
------------------       = 4.35
769   raters

Your FPA should be 4.35 Stars putting you in Rank 1.

It should correct itself the next time it runs to resolve one of your matches.

19 minutes ago, ViceCityMobster86 said:

I can only send 5 PMs a day, maybe this should be tweaked?

I'm not sure, should it be tweaked?

I don't send 5 PM's a week... you know, if I can help it.

What number of PM's in a 24 hour period seems reasonable? Unlimited is not an option in the event a Spammer registers and starts generating emails.

Good news.  The process to pull Wikipedia text for the character and insert into the Database seems to work.

So, that's going to make things easier for people.

So, there will be no further need for a person submitting characters to paste it in with the character image in the Gallery.

Also, no further need for reviewers to verify that text exists in the Gallery.  The text will be pulled after the character is accepted.

I will update the instructions about it in the control panel.

• Like 1

Noticed an issue with the new homepage. The Battles in progress section still lists matches that have ended and not showing every current match. I'm not seeing my Anakin vs Reptile, which is active.

3 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

Noticed an issue with the new homepage. The Battles in progress section still lists matches that have ended and not showing every current match. I'm not seeing my Anakin vs Reptile, which is active.

good catch.  Changed how it is sorted now.

I accepted the Undertaker into the database under the assumption it would auto-pull the text from Wikipedia, but looking at his profile it has no text. I thought it was suppose to pull the text after being accepted now.

21 minutes ago, I_KNOW_ALL said:

I accepted the Undertaker into the database under the assumption it would auto-pull the text from Wikipedia, but looking at his profile it has no text. I thought it was suppose to pull the text after being accepted now.

That is correct.

Once a day it will pull the text for all the new things that need it. 

So, allow up to 24 hours for the text to appear.  All good.

14 minutes ago, I_KNOW_ALL said:

Ah okay. Thought I messed up there. 

Yup, no worries, I thought the same thing about some of the other new entries since the change myself.

• 4 weeks later...

Seems as though the site will accept HTML images in the gallery, but once it goes into submission it causes an error. I tested it out by resubmitting with a different image type and it worked. Just thought it should be noted.

• Thanks 1

Noticed that the banner isn't showing the pictures for the new matches. The names of the battles will appear but the character's profile image isn't included. Maybe a glitch?

On 7/2/2020 at 9:15 AM, SSJRuss said:

Noticed that the banner isn't showing the pictures for the new matches. The names of the battles will appear but the character's profile image isn't included. Maybe a glitch?

I'll have to look into that I guess.  Thanks.

• Like 1