Michelangelo (Mirage): 7
Ken Masters: 4

Guardian (Marvel Comics) vs. Captain Britain
MATCH SCORE
Guardian (Marvel Comics): 0
Captain Britain: 4

CBUB current status

Fox

The site is open.  Registration is open.

The core features seem to work regarding Matches (start and stop) and adding Characters.

The Forum has a lot of features.  It's pretty fun.

Changes:

Rated matches

• now occur via the Stars rating 'Rate This Topic'.
  • Any forum member can rate a Rated Match ... and are encouraged to do so!
  • Members titled as CBUB Match Judge get their ratings counted X3.

Points by rank

• There's still 5 ranks, with 5 being lowest and 1 highest.
  • There used to be an arcane system whereby certain ranks could only be achieved after a certain number of matches had been created.  That's all been removed.  It's just a flat system based on your current weighted average regardless of number of matches.
  • Added more points to rank 5 so newbies can make more matches. now 4, up from 2.

So anyways, it works.  It's probably not a great website to try and use on a Mobile phone.

It's only been open a couple days.  Could be awhile before there's more people here.

I'll look into repairing the Fantasy Draft system.  Maybe we can get one going in a couple weeks.

Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Fox said:

I'll look into repairing the Fantasy Draft system.  Maybe we can get one going in a couple weeks.

Thanks!

Thanks for all the work you've done. I think the Fantasy Draft would be really cool to get going again!

• Thanks 1

I broke it. I'm getting this error every time I look at the rated matches through the forums. CBUB side is working though. 

[[Template forums/front/topics/topic is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]

I was submitting a new character and despite pasting the Wikipedia info on the image comments like I'msupposed to, it's not appearing once the character is submitted for review.

20 minutes ago, Nesh said:

I was submitting a new character and despite pasting the Wikipedia info on the image comments like I'msupposed to, it's not appearing once the character is submitted for review.

Too much of the wiki text possibly.  Maybe keep it down to the first paragraph or two.

18 minutes ago, Fox said:

Too much of the wiki text possibly.  Maybe keep it down to the first paragraph or two.

That didn't fix it.

9 minutes ago, Nesh said:

That didn't fix it.

OK, so it is going to need to be debugged.  Likely I will use it to test with - deleting and re-adding it until I can identify the issue.

A lot of this is just going to take patience and time to work through.

chris pratt trailer GIF by Jurassic World

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Fox said:

All the current matches in progress will be up until Saturday, anyways.

I need to work on the fight completion process.

Thanks!

Fox, I'm loving these updates to the site. It's starting to feel fresh while remaining the same site, so you know the changes aren't too much.

Just wanted to give you a shout-out.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

Fox, I'm loving these updates to the site. It's starting to feel fresh while remaining the same site, so you know the changes aren't too much.

Just wanted to give you a shout-out.

Super appreciative of the kudos, glad it is looking good to you.

It is a 3-day weekend so hoping to get a lot of the site finalized.  There will likely be disruptions, errors, things breaking. So, be aware of that.

I know you said be aware of errors and stuff so I wanted to point out I'm having issues getting to the home page. Every time I click to go to the main home page of cbub, I'm taken to the forums.

I'm still having trouble getting the Wikipedia text to show up on my character submissions, but ut works for other people, not sure what I'm doing wrong.

On 5/21/2020 at 4:05 PM, Fox said:

All the current matches in progress will be up until Saturday, anyways.

I need to work on the fight completion process.

Thanks!

When will my match end? I do have some ideas for my next match but I would like to know the results of my current one before I do my next one.

9 minutes ago, ViceCityMobster86 said:

When will my match end? I do have some ideas for my next match but I would like to know the results of my current one before I do my next one.

I am working on the match end code right now.  By tomorrow, anyways.

2 hours ago, Nesh said:

I'm still having trouble getting the Wikipedia text to show up on my character submissions, but ut works for other people, not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I will be looking into automating the retrieval of the text from WIkipedia.  I would say, for right now, as long as the link to retrieve the text on Wikipedia is valid for the automated process, it should be OK to accept the characters without text for now and let them through.

I will go back and update the character review notes once I have the automated process set-up.

4 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

I know you said be aware of errors and stuff so I wanted to point out I'm having issues getting to the home page. Every time I click to go to the main home page of cbub, I'm taken to the forums.

That I don't know about.  Clear your browser cookies maybe?  I'm not having any issue getting to the New CBUB Homepage.

https://www.electricferret.com/forum/index.php?/cbub/

2 hours ago, Fox said:

That I don't know about.  Clear your browser cookies maybe?  I'm not having any issue getting to the New CBUB Homepage.

https://www.electricferret.com/forum/index.php?/cbub/

Oh, I think I'm just thrown off by the change of the homepage. No issues getting to it I just wasn't sure it was sending me to the right place.

The change is fine but seeing the Battles-In-Progress in forum style feels weird to me.

2 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

Oh, I think I'm just thrown off by the change of the homepage. No issues getting to it I just wasn't sure it was sending me to the right place.

The change is fine but seeing the Battles-In-Progress in forum style feels weird to me.

Yeah, it's more for people who click a link and show up on the CBUB front page.

Essentially, you have 0.5 seconds to introduce what the site is and pique their interest.

I think this new Landing Page probably does that better than the old one.  It immediately answers the question of what the site is about.

Also it's easier for me to maintain. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nesh said:

Just Copy and Paste the relevant part of the Wikipedia on the Gallery submission. When you go to add the character on CBUB the text will travel from the link provided in the gallery link.