Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 14640 Teen Titans vs. The Acolytes

DSkillz

The powerful demon, Trigon, is staggering and awash with sparks of white energy from yet another blast from his daughter, the half-demon, Raven. 

Due to a prophecy, Raven had become the portal that released her evil father into the world and turned the entire planet into a tattered, fiery, barren wasteland. Now, she is quickly atoning for it. Raven has transformed into a white version of herself, more powerful than ever, and is giving her father more than he can handle.

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath. I was raised by my friends." 

20050719-White_Raven.jpg

She blasts Trigon again. 

"This is my family, this is my home, and you're not welcome here!" 

No! She is... defeating me?!? How is this possible?! I am all-powerful, and she is nothing! Trigon laments. No matter! I have but one more gambit to play.

Trigon narrows his eyes in concentration, fighting convulsions from Raven's attacks as he clinches his fists and his four eyes glow an even brighter red than usual. 

643894-trigon_large.jpg

Even in his weakened state, the demon's efforts start to become apparent. Raven is almost literally paralyzed in place as she involuntarily starts to levitate in an upright position. The symbols of Scath that emerged on Raven's body when she released Trigon from his otherworldly prison now reappear once again and glow bright red.  

"What's going on?" asks Raven with a sense of worry in her voice. "How are you doing this?" 

"Remember, 'my daughter', that you were but a mere portal for my entry to this realm," replies Trigon with a chuckle. "I am now reopening and reversing the flow of that portal." 

"N-no," says Raven, eyes widening with horror at that prospect. "You don't mean --"

"I do," the malevolent demon continues with a grin. "I am now using the portal -- you, my 'daughter', -- to send you and your wretched allies to your eternal doom!" 

166.jpg

Seconds later, the symbols peel away from Raven's body, then float around in midair and surround the grouping of her, the other Titans, and Slade in several circular patterns. 

"Rae, what're you doin'??" asks Cyborg as he and the others also become paralyzed by Trigon's spell. 

"It's ... not me!" Raven replies between grunts. "Trigon ... is controlling me somehow ... he's ... reopening the portal ... " 

"But you were just kickin' his butt!" Beast Boy protests. "Don't let him control you now!" 

"Yes, Raven! You cannot let the Trigon win!" Starfire chimes in.

"You can do it, Raven!" Robin says. "We're all behind you!" 

An intense white light glows from Raven's eyes. Another source of white light emanates from her core and starts to envelop her and the others, beginning the reformation of the portal. 

"N-no! I ... won't ... let you ..."

With intense determination, the half-demoness attempts to fight back. She clinches her fists in deep concentration and the bright light around her stops spreading. Trigon notices that in Raven's efforts to stop the portal, the white sparks Raven had cast around him are fading and he feels his own strength returning. 

Yes, keep it up, child, Trigon thinks with a smile. As you resist, I grow stronger!

As Raven continues to fight, the Scath symbols change color from red to blue, and her outfit reverts back to its original black and blue coloring. The white light pouring from her body then starts expanding again and intensifying in front of her increasingly worried allies.

In the meantime, the white energy surrounding Trigon has completely faded away. The powerful demon lets out a small laugh and walks confidently toward his paralyzed foes, outstretching his palms to increase the pull on the forming portal. 

"I make a deal to escape Hell, only to be pulled right back in," laments Slade. "At least I won't be alone this time. Isn't that right, Robin?" 

If the Titan leader could turn toward Slade, he would stare daggers right into the villain, but at that moment the white light completely envelopes the group. The light then turns to a swirling orange mass and pulls the Teen Titans and Slade in before slowly shrinking out of existence.

"Your power may have briefly surpassed mine, Raven, but even you cannot resist the full power of Azar!" says Trigon before bursting into a triumphant laugh.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The portal that sucked in the Teen Titans and Slade reopens over an open field at late night and drops the group, minus Slade, to the ground in a heap. After a few moments, the heroes regather and start looking around. 

"Where ... ?" starts Robin. 

"I don't believe it," says Cyborg.

"Are we in Hell yet?" says Beast Boy, stil on the ground in a crouched position with his hands over his eyes. "If we are, I'm soooo not looking up!"

"No, it looks like we're on Earth," Robin answers, puzzled.

Beast Boy uncovers his eyes, as starled as anyone. "No way! Earth was all hot and evily! There's no way we're --"

"We are, or at least I think we are," Raven replies weakly. "I did my best ... m-my best ... to --" 

Raven's last words falter and she begins to collapse, but Robin and Starfire catch her before she hits the ground. 

"Raven!" says Starfire. "Are you --" 

"I'm ... fine," she shakily replies. "I ... just need to catch my breath." 

"But how is Earth restored?" Starfire asks her teammate. "Are we ... victorious?"

"No," says Raven. "Trigon tried to send us to his former prison, but I managed to redirect us to ... wherever this is."

"Well if this is Earth, we'd better see if we can contact somebody," says Cyborg. "Maybe Titans Ea --" 

"Wait!" Robin interrupts angrily. "Where is Slade?! If he slipped away --"

Suddenly, an explosion in the distance gets the attention of the heroes. 

"Looks like that will have to wait," Raven states. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

At a high-security military facility, most of its soldiers have been incapacitated in various ways. Most of the military vehicles have also either been overturned, scorched, blown up, or twisted into nearly unrecognizable shapes. The colorful set of characters behind this destruction make their way to the area's main facility, a massive, well-fortified building.

"Are you sure your intel is good on this place, sir?" asks the mutant known as Pyro. 

"Of course it is!" snaps the group's leader, Magneto. "Why else would I put our search for Apocalypse on hold? A place where more Sentinels are being secretly built demands our immediate attention!"

"So we goin' in to wreck these tin cans, right?" says Gambit. "Ain' you worried about running int' heavy resistance inside? We know they got mo' toys than jus' th' Sentinels."

"We have little to fear from them," replies Magneto. "The EMP I unleashed earlier has surely shut down not only the Sentinels, but all of their systems and other machines as well." 

"I say bring 'em on," says Sabretooth with a sadistic grin as he casually tosses away an unconscious soldier he was holding. "I can already smell the stink o' their fear from here!" 

"Have we not already hurt enough innocents?" asks Colossus. "Can we not destroy the Sentinels without --" 

"As I have already explained to you, Colossus," replies Magneto with an angry weariness. "in this coming war against Homo Sapiens and especially against Apocalypse, there are/i] no innocents!" 

"We're here, sir," says Mastermind.

The group of six arrives at the structure's apparent main entrance, a pair of sliding doors about one hundred feet high and one hundred fifty feet wide. Magneto faces the massive doors and begins to use his power to force them apart... to no apparent effect. 

"What?" 

Magneto+003.jpg-v%253D152100.jpg

He tries again but to no avail. "Bah! The doors are not made of metal. The humans have done their homework for once."  

"Maybe all dey need is a good charge," says Gambit as he walks to the doors and places his hands palm-first on them. The others step back as he prepares to detonate them with kinetic energy. 

"Maybe what you guys need is some time in prison!" a voice responds from a fair distance. Magneto and his men turn to see the Teen Titans standing before them. 

"Who are these blokes?" Pyro wonders with a smirk. 

"More of Xavier's geeks, no doubt," replies Sabretooth.

"Um, who's Xavier?" asks Beast Boy as he and Cyborg look toward each other. Cyborg just shrugs in response. 

"Step away from those doors and come quietly," Robin says in a calm but firm tone. 

"Well, look at th' kids in dey pajamas," mocks Gambit. "Ain' it past yo' bedtimes?" 

"I guess these yanks plan to bore us to death with some bedtime stories," quips Pyro. Sabretooth grins slightly while Colossus and Mastermind stand by stoically. 

"Hey, I tell great stories!" protests Beast Boy. Raven merely shakes her head.

"We don't have time for this!" exclaims an increasingly impatient Magneto, causing Pyro to recoil. "Instead of wasting your futile efforts trying to stop us, you should join your fellow mutants in correcting this injustice!" 

"But, uh, we're not mutants ... are we?" says Beast Boy, looking to the other Titans. 

"We'll let the proper authorites decide where the injustice is," responds Robin, ignoring his chartreuse teammate. "Just turn yourselves in or we'll be forced to take you down!" 

"I tried to appeal to your better senses, but I'm long past trying to convert the unwilling to our cause," states Magneto to the Titans. He then turns his attention back to the building's doors. 

"Make sure that they do not interfere, by any means necessary. I will work on getting inside. Nothing must stop us from completing our mission!" 

"You heard the boss, mes amis," says Gambit with a smirk. "We can' take no prisoners here!" 

"Good! I was getting bored rippin' into jarheads!" says Sabretooth. Pyro starts cackling as he and the others prepare to engage their new opponents.

"Titans, GO!" orders Robin.

As the two teams rush to engage each other, Robin and Gambit are the first to meet. Gambit pull outs his bo staff as the two circle one another, and Robin follows suit with his own staff shortly afterward.

"Anotha wielder of th' staff, eh?" says Gambit with a sly smile, and Robin smirks in kind. "This could get interestin'!"

Pyro shoots two huge plumes of flame at Raven and Starfire and morphs them into a massive dragon, cackling madly throughout. The dragon breathes more flames at the two teens, who promptly dodge in opposite directions. 

"Azarath, Metrion, ZINTHOS!" 

Raven chants her familiar incantation and surrounds the fire dragon with dark energy, smothering it away. Starfire, who has flown behind a surprised Pyro, blasts the fiery mutant from behind with a Starbolt, destroying the tank of his flamethrower. She and Raven give each other a nod, and Raven flies off to meet Magneto.

"Please surrender now! I do not wish to harm you," announces Starfire to the downed pyrokinetic. 

Pyro scootes backwards away from the alien teen in apprehension when he feels his hand approach something warm and familiar.

"What's this now?" he says quietly. 

He looks back to see a small fire, but something looks and feels different about it. Just as Starfire is almost upon him, Pyro unleashes a burst of the flame her way, which knocks the stunned Tamaranian dozens of yards away. 

"Now this is more like it!" says the fiery mutant, now surrounded by yellow fire with extra concussive force and, curiously, a greenish lining.

The young Russian, Colossus, walks toward Cyborg. Already standing a bit taller than the half-mechanical hero, Colossus grows larger still as he transforms into a literal man of steel. Both teens then break into a jog, meeting with a loud clank. The two powerful metallic warriors lock hands in a test of strength.  The slight whining of metal joints can be heard through both combatants as Cyborg begins to be slightly pushed back.

"Hey, dude, something about you looks familiar. Do you know a big, hairy guy named Mammoth?" Beast Boy asks his new foe. 

Sabretooth merely growls as he charges the young changeling on all fours. Letting out a yelp, the startled Beast Boy changes into a mouse and scampers away just before Sabretooth can pounce him. The changeling then turns into a gorilla and grapples with the ferocious mutant.

"I'd stop if I were you," says Raven. Magneto looks in the direction of the voice to see its user levitating several large military vehicles around her with dark magic. 

"You would move metal against the master of magnetism?" scoffs Magneto. 

The ferrokinetic mutant then proceeds use his powers to almost easily yank the vehicles out of Raven's magical grasp and toss them at the half-demoness at high speeds. Raven barely avoids them for the most part, but one finally grazes her, knocking her to the ground. Magneto then uses a steel beam to push Raven against the fortress's wall and pin her there with her arms to her side.

"This won't hold me for long," says Raven. 

"It doesn't have to," replies Magneto. "Mastermind!" 

"Yes, Magneto?" the haggard mutant replies after coming out of hiding. 

"Make her forget she ever knew of this place, and for that matter, forget who she is,"  the mutant group's leader orders as he focuses back on the door. 

"Yes, master."

The illusionist mutant obliges as he places his fingertips across the Titan's forehead. 

Okay, here is what appears to be my final CBUB match. I was planning on starting an arc with this match, but alas, perhaps it's not to be. Maybe I can restart this arc elsewhere later on. Aw well, at least I may be helping EF go out with a bang.

This is the Teen Titans from the 2003 'toon: 

280px-TeenTitansTogether.png

vs. Magneto's Acolytes from X-Men: Evolution. 

Acolytes_XME.jpg

While X-Evo's Mastermind isn't really a fighter in the show, I included him because, well, he is technically an Acolyte in the show, and his powers could be useful here. 

Mastermindprofile.png

The X-Evo Acolytes have all their normal abilities from the show for the most part, but Pyro has an extra boost for this match. When Starfire's Starbolt destroyed Pyro's flamethrower, a spark from the explosion fell on a piece of loose fabric and caught fire. Being sparked by a Starbolt, this flame shares its concussive properties, which Pyro has noticed and started using it to that effect.

Magneto won't be participating in this battle for the most part, since he is trying to break into the Sentinel facility. He may jump in if his Acolytes start losing, however.

Of course, there may no cartoon more guilty of what sirmethos calls "comic mechanics" than Teen Titans. As most of the characters' feats are wildly inconsistent in the show, I tended to take mostly with a grain of salt. If we went by the Titans feats as shown on their own cartoon, they'd cream the Acolytes with ease, so I've toned them down for the sake of this match (and maybe one day, arc). 

- Robin has merely peak human abilities here, so he can't do anything like, for example, knock around two-ton stone giants and haul bears around. Instead, he'll likely rely more on his gadgets than he did in the cartoon. 

- Drained from her fight with Trigon and trying to resist the interdimensional portal, Raven's magic is at about 40 % strength for now. If I continue the arc, though, she may eventually regain her strength. 

- For the purposes of this match (and perhaps arc), Cyborg and Starfire are very close to each other in physical strength here (around the top of the sub-Class 100 range). Starfire is supposedly stronger than Cyborg in the cartoon, but I've seen Cyborg overpower Starfire as much as vice versa, and Cyborg has the best strength feats in the show, so this may be the best route to take here. 

- Among the Teen Titans, Beast Boy's abilities were generally portrayed more consistently than the others, so I left him as is. 

Well, those are the parameters, folks. Enjoy for whatever time we have left!

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

Robin vs. Gambit - I'd give Gambit the edge in agility because of his powers and Robin the advantage in fighting skill. Gambit the advantage of size and strength because this is a young, small version of Robin. Robin has lots of thrown weapons and is very good with them. Gambit has an unlimited number of explosive throwing weapons. Gambit is a sleazy jerk and in a just world he would never win a fight with anyone. Based on his powers, though, I think he has a slight edge on the pre-adult Robin but I don't see a decisive victory for wither of them right away.

Raven vs. Mastermind - I don't remember anything about Mastermind's mental abilities form the cartoon, bt I don't think it's a good idea for him to messing around in Raven's mind. I think he's going to give her a rough time for a few minutes, then she's going to fry his brain.

Starfire vs. Pyro - Pyro normally wouldn't stand a chance, but it looks like you're hinting that he can manipulate the fiery energy of Starfire's bolts, which makes this interesting. I see it as a good fight until Starfire realizes that she should stop using starbolts and overwhelms Pyro with her strength and flying powers.

Cyborg vs. Colossus - I'm guessing that Colossus is a little stringer and quite a bit more durable. If Cyborg realizes this and uses his sonic blaster the fight's pretty even.

Beast Boy vs. Sabretooth - Sabretooth in the cartoon was much stronger than a gorilla, and was able to thrust a car through the roof of a parking garage. Beast Boy is going to have to use a larger form like an elephant or a T Rex to overpower him. Fortunately, this version of ST doesn't have nearly as jacked up a healing factor. If BB uses his shape changing creatively, he can at least stalemate Creed.

So, the boys are stalemated the first round but the girls win their battles. That allows some double teaming in round two and the Acolytes won't stand up to that. 

But then Magneto will step in to help his weakened team. The Titans will put up a good struggle, but he's too much for them.

Unless... raven goes full power again. Since you said this might happen, I'll assume it does. Magneto will give him a hard time but someone who can over Trigon can defeat Magneto too. So, after a long and difficult battle, Titans win.

Whoops.

I initially put that image of Raven and the floating Scath letters in the wrong place. Fixed.

And apparently, it seems I forgot to mention some things in my second post. Been plugging away at things all day. My bad. :D

Robin vs. Gambit - I'd give Gambit the edge in agility because of his powers and Robin the advantage in fighting skill. Gambit the advantage of size and strength because this is a young, small version of Robin. Robin has lots of thrown weapons and is very good with them. Gambit has an unlimited number of explosive throwing weapons. Gambit is a sleazy jerk and in a just world he would never win a fight with anyone. Based on his powers, though, I think he has a slight edge on the pre-adult Robin but I don't see a decisive victory for wither of them right away.

Yeah, most versions of Gambit are generally pretty good fighters, but this version never seemed all that impressive in H2H. His powers might help even things out, hopefully.

Raven vs. Mastermind - I don't remember anything about Mastermind's mental abilities form the cartoon, bt I don't think it's a good idea for him to messing around in Raven's mind. I think he's going to give her a rough time for a few minutes, then she's going to fry his brain.

X-Evo's Mastermind powers saw him interact more directly with people than other versions of him. He could scan others' minds for  information, and even scanned Mesmero's mind to that effect (with some apparent assistance from Magneto). 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuDbShTIXfE#t=1m12s

Mastermind could also alter an individual's memories, as he, at Magneto's request, supressed his daughter Wanda's hateful memories of her father and replaced them with happy, loving ones. It was never shown if Mastermind could do these things on a big enough scale to affect crowds of people like his comics and TAS counterparts, though. 

As for Raven, her power's staying at 40% for at least the duration of this battle.

Starfire vs. Pyro - Pyro normally wouldn't stand a chance, but it looks like you're hinting that he can manipulate the fiery energy of Starfire's bolts, which makes this interesting. I see it as a good fight until Starfire realizes that she should stop using starbolts and overwhelms Pyro with her strength and flying powers.

Heh, yeah, I just edited my second post. That should explain things here.

Just made a minor edit in the match.

I think this is the first Dskillz match I've read. I'll need to go back and read some more, this was really cool.

Thanks, Berg! Who do you have winning this one? We may not have much more time here.

I see the titans winning most of the individual fights. Mahneto poses a huge threat to them though.

Heh, yeah, if I get to make a second match to this arc, Magneto just may be the Titans' next opponent immediately afterward. 

Unless... raven goes full power again. Since you said this might happen, I'll assume it does. Magneto will give him a hard time but someone who can over Trigon can defeat Magneto too. So, after a long and difficult battle, Titans win.

I might have also forgotten to make clear that in this match, Raven is currently at 40% of her normal range of power, not 40% of how powerful she was when she vanquished Trigon. This might make a big difference here.