Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Rumble 20566 Hippo vs. Rocksteady
MATCH SCORE
Hippo: 3
Rocksteady: 2

Dr. Doom vs. Thanos

Guest sirmethos

Guest sirmethos

This is based on a debate I had on CV a while back.

Based purely on feats who is the prep. master of these two?

The Lord of Latveria, or the Disciple of Death?

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

I'm just going by memory, but I think Thanos is more consistently prepared than Doom. That has a lot to do with the fact that doom has been written by many authors while Thanos (for a long time anyway) was written exclusively by Jim Starlin. He was Starlin's favorite villain and was always thinking three steps ahead of everyone.

Doom is way ahead of the game in many stories, but he's also been set up as a jobber to make some writers' pet heroes look good a lot.

Guest force_echo

Dinsdale's got it right, pretty much. The early incarnations of Doom weren't even prepared to deal with someone of Spider-Man's ability.

Guest thanosisawesome

Doom takes this rather easily, nothing Thanos has done on his own, even comes close to taking the power of pre-retcon Beyonder.

Taking the power of the HOTU?

That Beyonder instance wasn't really the result of prep, more on-the-dot thinking. Doom managed to gather some data on the Beyonder's energy source while trying (failing) to pick a fight with him, then used stolen technology from Galactus to sap it. He was powered up externally to the point of nigh-omnipotence, as well, but I can't quite remember what by.

All the pieces were laid out for him. He just had to arrange them in the proper order and boom, the Beyonder's power was his. It's an impressive feat of intelligence and cunning, just not really one of preparation skills.