MATCH SCORE
Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

Match 14623 Thanos vs. Darkseid

Guest .Big Game James.

Guest .Big Game James.

Darkseid vs. Thanos: The Final Dispute

Setting. Takes place after JLA/Avengers issue #4

>The Worlds Greatest Superheroes are once again defending Earth against the evil, Lord of Apokolips, Darkseid and his Parademon armies. Superman is being punched by Darkseid, while Batman is swinging from a building with his grapple gun throwing Batarangs at Parademons. Green Lantern is seen carrying innocent civilians in a force field created by his ring. Wonder Woman has just punched a Parademon sending it flying backwards and is lassoing another one<

Batman (pointing): Green Arrow, Superman is down. Those civilians are in danger. Darkseid is heading straight for them.

>Green Arrow then quickly shoots a concussive arrow at Darkseid and drops him to the ground, but suddenly a Parademon swings knocking him back off his feet<

Green Lantern: I can't hold off much longer. We need to get these families to safety. Flash let's see what you can do!

Flash: Alright. It looks like it's my t---

>The Flash takes off but is stopped by a blast of energy from a Parademon firearm.

>Switch to Plastic Man and Aquaman<

Plastic Man: Aquaman jump in. We will show these things what we're made of.

>Plastic Man has created a sling shot out of his arm while Aquaman is seen flying through the air hitting Parademons left and right taking them to the ground. You then see Darkseid stand up as his eyes light up bright red.

>Superman then stands up from a pile of rubble in the street<

Superman: The Omega Effect! Stay Clear Justice League. Move those by-standers out of the way!

>Superman then grabs up a few people while the rest of the JLA do the same. Darkseid then sees Martian Manhunter flying in from a distance and fires his beams but misses as Manhunter dodges them. Out of nowhere Superman uses his Heat Vision catching Darkseid off guard and then flies from behind him knocking him to the ground once again.

Darkseid: You have bested me today, but you have not seen the last of me Justice League.

>He vanishes from the help of a boomtube as his armies follow behind him. You then see the people in the streets cheer loudly for the heroes as the heroes make sure everyone is ok<

Batman: Another job well done Justice League. Darkseid has been bested once again.

Superman: You too Batman. Is everyone ok?

Green Arrow: Never been better Superman.

Martian Manhunter: That was a close one. I was almost hit by the Omega Effect.

Plastic Man: Well, you live to fight another day Martian Manhunter. Job well done.

>Switch to the Marvel Universe<

>The Earths Mightiest Superheroes are battling against Thanos and his army of Chitauri. Thor is being hit by a burst of cosmic energy by Thanos, sending him flying against a building. Captain America is throwing his shield at The Chitauri, taking them down one by one. Iron Man is lifting a car that has people trapped underneath it, while Hawkeye is hitting the Chitauri with pinpoint accuracy with arrows. The Hulk is smashing Chitauri armies left and right while also defending people from harm that are in an abandoned building.

Quicksilver: Thor has been hit. I'm going to give Thanos a taste of his own medicine. Vision, watch my back while I go in.

>Quicksilver then takes off to head towards Thanos. As he approaches Thanos he goes for his leg and drops him to the ground with great impact<

Iron Man: Rogers, what does the top of those buildings look like up there? Can you see anyone?

Captain America: The buildings are going to come down any minute. It's your go Stark. Get those people out of there.

Iron Man: Will do. See you around spangled boy.

Captain America: Very funny!

>Suddenly Thanos stands back up as Vision uses his solar projection to fire at Thanos but misses. Thor then stands back up as he throws his hammer knocking down more Chitauri, while Yellowjacket uses his bio-energy gun to temporarily stun Thanos. Thor then flies into action hitting Thanos right across the face with Mjolnir sending him flying back against a car<

Thor: Take that Titan!

Hawkeye: That's how it's done.

>As he shoots another arrow blowing up a group of Chitauri, while The Hulk is still smashing the enemy<

Hulk: Hulk Smash!

Thanos: Pathetic Avengers! You will pay for this, but for now I must go attend to more important things.

>He then hops on a Chitauri hover-bike and heads for the open portal while his army follows behind.

Captain America: We saved the day once again from Thanos and his schemes. Good job Avengers!

Iron Man: I had to do all the hard work.

Captain America: Yeah yeah, whatever Stark.

Thor: Check and make sure all the civilians are ok. Good job Hulk. Way to smash.

>Hulk then nods his head<

>Back in the DC Universe<

Desaad (Bowing to Darkseid): Did you win my lord?

Darkseid (throwing a Parademon against the wall): Pathetic Parademons. You are of no use to me. Be gone!

Desaad: I take that as a no my lord?

>Darkseid's eyes then light up red as he quickly turns towards Desaad<

Darkseid: Do not tempt me!

>They then begin talking about the Infinity Gauntlet which was recovered shortly after the feud between the Brothers<

Desaad: I am sorry Lord Darkseid. Pease forgive me! The glove (The Infinity Gauntlet) seems to be useless amongst our universe. What shall we do with it?

Darkseid: If it is no use then get rid of it. I have more important things to do with my time. I have yet to figure out the Anti-Life Equation. With the knowledge of the equation the Justice League are as good as defeated. (He grins)

>Desaad ends up putting the glove away in an old chest that is sitting in the throne room<

>At the Marvel Universe the same thing is happening with The Other and Thanos<

Thanos: If I would have had the Infinity Gauntlet the Avengers would be no more and Earth would be rightfully mine. I must find the Gauntlet and win over the favor of Mistress Death.

The Other: How do we begin looking for the gems my lord? What shall we do?

Thanos: There is only one team that knows where I can find the gauntlet. I'm sure they have taken it knowing its extraordinary abilities. We will plan an attack on the Avengers soon enough. As for now I have other business to deal with.

>It just so happens The Living Tribunal and The Spectre are looking on as both tyrants suffer from their loss's. The Tribunal and Spectre both have noticed an imbalance in there universes with the Gauntlet being switched from universe to universe. The two omnipotent beings open a portal to wager a bet amongst each other<

The Living Tribunal: I come to you to propose a deal. With the Infinity Gauntlet switched our universes seem to be suffering from a great imbalance. With the deal of a war we will both have the opportunity to regain back the balance.

The Spectre: What is your deal Tribunal? Is it the 6 gems you seek? Darkseid has possession of them. The only way to rightfully get them back is to wage war against his planet of Apokolips and take it by physical force.

The Living Tribunal: Exactly what I had in mind. Thanos has been seeking to regain back the Gauntlet but has not known its whereabouts. He has tried several times to conquer Earth and win back the favor of Mistress Death. Without the Gauntlet his dreams are useless. I shall offer to fill his destiny if you offer to fill Darkseid's.

The Spectre: Darkseid has spent almost an eternity trying to figure out the Anti-Life Equation. With the help from the gems I see him no longer having any trouble to do so. So do we have an agreement?

The Living Tribunal: Yes! An agreement amongst universes that will go down as the greatest battle of all time.

>Both respected beings shake on the deal as a spiraling burst of energy fills the galaxy<

>Meanwhile in the Marvel Universe The Living Tribunal has teleported Thanos to his location to make him aware of the agreement<

Thanos: What have you called me here for oh powerful one?

The Living Tribunal: To make a deal with you!

Thanos: Go on...

The Living Tribunal: The Infinity Gauntlet has been found. It is in the possession of another being in a different universe. The only way to get it back is to attack his home planet of Apokolips. But beware, for it will be no easy task. The evil Darkseid is a major threat to his universe and should not be taken lightly. He has long been seeking to take over Earth the same as you have but his attempts have proven to be no good. You will assemble an army and attack when necessary.

Thanos: So what is in it for me besides getting the gems back?

The Living Tribunal: Ah, I thought you would never ask. If you win and bring the gauntlet back you will be rewarded not only the full power of the gems but also the unconditional love of Mistress Death.

>Thanos then bows immediately<

Thanos: You are able to grant such a wish?

The Living Tribunal: I am. And good luck to you Titan. Make our universe proud!

Thanos: The planet of Apokolips is as good as mine (as he yells out in extreme rage)

>Meanwhile in the DC universe The Spectre has transported Darkseid to his location in the galaxy<

Darkseid: Why have you brought me here Hal Jordan. I have no quarrel with you! Nor have I done anything to deserve punishment. Vanish me at once.

The Spectre: Patience Darkseid. Patience! I have brought you here to make a deal.

Darkseid: A deal? What kind of deal?

The Spectre: The Infinity Gauntlet glove you have been holding onto is wanted back by another universe. Its power cannot be matched by many.

Darkseid: It is useless in our universe. What do I want with it?

The Spectre: Hear my deal Darkseid for which is why I have brought you. If you defeat the opposing army of the other universe I shall grant you 2 wishes. You will have full knowledge of the Anti-Life Equation, and full power over the 6 gems. All the gems have their own capabilities. You will have full control over soul, time, space, mind, reality, and power. Whoever holds the six gems in the Infinity Gauntlet gains omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence, and has absolute dominion over all realities. Originally the gems cannot be used in any different universe of which they originated but a deal has been waged that the winner is declared full power within their universe.

Darkseid: You have the power to grant me this wish?

The Spectre: I do. Do we have an agreement?

>Darkseid immediately bows and agrees<

The Spectre: You will now defend Apokolips against the one they call Thanos, the Mad Titan.

Darkseid: So be it! I am Darkseid, The Lord of Apokolips, and my home planet will not fall. (As he shouts)

>Both villains assemble their armies. Darkseid is using Parademons for his army while Thanos is using The Chitauri for his.

While examining his slave pits, Darkseids attention is drawn to the skies to see groups of spaceships attacking Apokolips, unleashing bursts of explosives. The battle is on!!! Darkseid then transports himself to his fortress and surveys the attack quickly finding that Thanos' battleship known as the Santuary II has arrived. Apokolips is being hit with powerful energy-blasts, destroying Darkseids defenses with extraordinary accuracy. Darkseid immediately orders a counterattack as his armies swarm into the sky for battle. The enemy mothership lands as Thanos exits.

Darkseid: You come to Apokolips to destroy my armies in attempt to regain the Infinity Gauntlet and strip away my dream of solving the Anti-Life Equation? Victory belongs to me...I am Darkseid, Lord of Apokolips! If you have come for a battle, a battle you will receive. Prepare to die!

His eyes turn a bright red as he clinches both fists.

Thanos: You and your pathetic planet will be no more. The Infinity Gauntlet rightfully belongs to me. I have traveled way too far to be beaten. If you wish death upon me then so be it. (He grins) Now feel the power of the Mad Titan, Thanos!

Thanos grits his teeth as his fists engulf in cosmic energy.

Both tyrants charge furiously at one another.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

I think there's something to be said for both comments. If it's straight up power to power, I don't think Thanos can stand up to the Omega effect or the Agony Matrix. On the other hand, Thanos always has a plan. When he fought the Magus, he was physically overpowered, but the fight was just a distraction so that Warlock could destroy the source of the Magus' power.

If he's in character, Thanos always has a plan. In fairness, though, there's nothing about a plan in the set up and we can't factor a plan in without having some idea of what it is.

Guest .Big Game James.

I think there's something to be said for both comments. If it's straight up power to power, I don't think Thanos can stand up to the Omega effect or the Agony Matrix. On the other hand, Thanos always has a plan. When he fought the Magus, he was physically overpowered, but the fight was just a distraction so that Warlock could destroy the source of the Magus' power.

If he's in character, Thanos always has a plan. In fairness, though, there's nothing about a plan in the set up and we can't factor a plan in without having some idea of what it is.

Both have prep now. Technically, it may come down to who's army is left standing in the end while their still duking it out. This comes down to every aspect of the two fighters. This should be the battle to end the dispute between who deserves the gold.

And btw the agony matrix is not allowed. No devices!

-What lengths will they go to, to fulfill their destinies?

-Who has the better leadership skills?

-Who has more willpower?

And btw the agony matrix is not aloud. No devices!

By that token, the Gems shouldn't be allowed, either.

Guest .Big Game James.

By that token, the Gems shouldn't be allowed, either.

they are not aloud. The original plan was for the gems to be useless in combat until a winner is declared. The Spectre and Living Tribunal will hold the IG for the time being and reward the winner the glove themselves. I'll add that to the storyline. Good call dskillz. Btw how is the setup everyone?

they are not aloud. The original plan was for the gems to be useless in combat until a winner is declared. The Spectre and Living Tribunal will hold the IG for the time being and reward the winner the glove themselves. I'll add that to the storyline. Good call dskillz. Btw how is the setup everyone?

Ah, I see. 

Not bad at all, BGJ (though it's Darkseid vs. Thanos for the 4,304,932nd time :rolleyes::P). Both Thanos and Darkseid seem to be pretty well in character. Darkseid has more powerful natural abilities and has the more powerful army, but as mentioned, Thanos is a slightly better planner. I'll give this one to Darkseid for having the home court advantage (Apokolips may have any manner of secret mass weapons, after all). 

Guest .Big Game James.

I know it's frowned upon to comment on your own matches. The time is winding down until doomsday and I want to know who wins this dispute once and for all. Darkseids home court advantage is a factor in this and I believe he has the firepower and enough strategy to get the job done. His drive to become the ruler of all living things has never been greater after this deal for the IG was made. Thanos pry just thinks it's another steady victory while Darkseid realizes if he wins it is a milestone in his existence. Darkseid will stop at nothing to defend his perpetual burning planet as well. Darkseid Ftw and he lives happily ever after, never to be called a jobber to Supes ever again. All hail to the almighty and powerful Darkseid, which is now seen wearing the omnipotent Infinity Gauntlet. Does this make me a Darkseid fanboy? :)

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)

I say that Darkseid wins the battle with Thanos's army devastated. After the smoke clears Darkseid prepares to wield the gauntlet only to realize that Thanos used a clone of himself to distract him while Thanos hacked into his temple and learned his secrets. Darkseid tried to engage him in battle but Thanos has already reversed engineered his equipment to create a device that traps Darkseid. Thanos takes what he wants and leaves him trapped saying something like "you will be trapped for a long time, luckily you are a god and can wait it out"

The end

Guest .Big Game James.

I say that Darkseid wins the battle with Thanos's army devastated. After the smoke clears Darkseid prepares to wield the gauntlet only to realize that Thanos used a clone of himself to distract him while Thanos hacked into his temple and learned his secrets. Darkseid tried to engage him in battle but Thanos has already reversed engineered his equipment to create a device that traps Darkseid. Thanos takes what he wants and leaves him trapped saying something like "you will be trapped for a long time, luckily you are a god and can wait it out"

The end

Ok ok, devices are allowed now. I see the fight will be more interesting with devices being allowed. Cosmic cube will still not be allowed though nor can the gauntlet be used. Back to the agony matrix comment. Can thanos withstand its power? I see this battle going on for days...

Guest .Big Game James.

I want it to be the most epic battle these two have ever had on here. Should devices be aloud or should it just be mono-e-mono? I need help figuring this out. I think devices will be interesting considering both have their own arsenal of things to use but I don't want it to be mismatched. I'm trying to level out the competitors to a "T"

Guest bigballerju

If Darkseid has any power he has ever shown plus any devices he has used then Thanos gets his shit kicked in. Any power he has shown could also apply to Pre-Crisis Darkseid since the OP didn't say exactly which version of Darkseid when it comes to any powers. As far as prep is concerned Darkseid's plans are superior if you look at their histories.

Guest .Big Game James.

If Darkseid has any power he has shown plus any devices he has used then Thanos gets his shit kicked in.

All out battle. Anything goes besides gauntlet and cube. Final decision...

Guest sirmethos

Has Darkseid taken over the universe? Thanos has

And that would be highly impressive, except for the fact that he has only done so, through the use of artifacts that would make literally anyone wielding them able to take over the universe.

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)

Not quite anyone, it takes a certain amount if skill to wield them which is why only high end people even search for the gems etc.

Think about it Sirmethos, Thanos had no gems and defeated the people that had them one by one, which includes Champion, Grandfather dude, The In-Betweener, and I forget who else but these aren't jokes.

Constantly changing up the match and parameters will only confuse the voters further. Something you should've really hashed out more before posting the match, man. Darkseid still wins, though. 

I want it to be the most epic battle these two have ever had on here. 

Heh, many have been hard-pressed to top this one: 

http://www.electricferret.com/fights/issue_146.htm

Guest sirmethos

Not quite anyone, it takes a certain amount if skill to wield them which is why only high end people even search for the gems etc.

Think about it Sirmethos, Thanos had no gems and defeated the people that had them one by one, which includes Champion, Grandfather dude, The In-Betweener, and I forget who else but these aren't jokes.

He didn't defeat them.

That would have been impressive though, if he had obtained the Gems by forcibly taking them from the Elders.  But he didn't.  Instead, he outsmarted them, and if you actually read the storyline, the various Elders acted, in those instances, like they had next to no real brain activity.

Hardly impressive.

Edit: Why is it, that despite the fact that Thanos has a ton of 'feats' that are actually impressive, people always use the few widely known 'feats', that aren't in any way impressive?

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

I agree, they all basically took a dive in that arc, as did did earth's entire superhero community. :wacko:

I think, if Starlin was writing it, Pip the Troll would solo on the Avengers.

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)

They took a dive because Thanos is that smart. That and the writers themselves are retarded. They are comics