Agent L: 4

Rumble 20577 Baraka vs. Kollector
MATCH SCORE
Baraka: 3
Kollector: 2

Rumble 14411 Sebastian Shaw vs. Sandman (Marvel) vs. Mister Sinister

Guest badpierce

Guest badpierce

Arcade has kidnapped every supervillain who has ever made fun of him and brought them to his new murder world. The 27 villains are split up in to groups of 3 and forced it fight each other to the Death in gladiator style matches for Arcades entertainment. Only the villain that survives will be set free at the end.

Round 1:4

Sebastian Shaw vs Sandman vs Mr. Sinister

Fight will take place on the Las Vegas Strip.

Learn More About

Sebastian Shaw

Read more about Sebastian Shaw at Wikipedia

Official Site: Marvel Entertainment Links: Wikipedia Marvel.com Comicvine

Sandman (Marvel)

Read more about Sandman (Marvel) at Wikipedia

Official Site: Marvel Entertainment Links: Wikipedia Marvel.com Marvel Directory

Mister Sinister

Read more about Mister Sinister at Wikipedia

Official Site: Marvel Entertainment Links: Wikipedia Marvel.com Marvel Database

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

Sinister's powers always seemed kind of vague to me. Per Wikipedia:

Mister Sinister is a genetically altered human with superhuman physical and mental abilities.

Okay.

The character is telepathic, able to manipulate the minds of others in various ways,

This sounds like it's subtle, long-term manipulation. If that's the case, it may not help him much in this set up.

and is capable of energy projection through telekinesis.

I have no clue what this means in practical terms. Can he fire energy blasts? If so, are they kinetic energy blasts? That would be of limited use against Sandman, who can reform, and would only make Shaw stronger.

Using genetic material from the mutant Courier, Mister Sinister gained complete control of his body at the cellular level, allowing him to shape-shift,

If he uses this to attack, it could put him on a par with Sandman (depending on how strong the shapes he uses are.) Bashing Sandman or Shaw with shape-shifted fists has the same drawbacks as TK blasts would.

regenerate

Again, this puts him on a par with Sandman who can reconstitute his form when shattered or scattered.

and be virtually immune to injuries.

This looks like a long fight to me. All three are very difficult to hurt.

The character has exhibited the ability to teleport, though Beast believes this is accomplished through his tesseract headquarters.[

Since they're not at his HQ, this is would not seem to be a factor. 

Does Sinister have some power that I'm missing?

Guest badpierce

I'm not sure any of them can truly kill the others really.  Sinister is by far the Smartest. Shaw is pretty smart too. He might need air to breath though so maybe that is a way to kill him. Being on the Las Vegas Strip(or a simulation of it I guess) there is sand close by. The would be a big advantage to Sandman.

Guest bigballerju

Sinister you actually have to read him in the comics to see how dangerous and great he is as a villain. He has beat the X-Men more then once and is dangerous. Sinister has superhuman strength, superhuman stamina, and superhuman reflexes. He also has telekinesis which he can perform various attacks with, flight, genius level intellect, a healing factor, make force fields using his TK that can withstand powerful attacks from the X-Men, and more. Currently he made clones of himself and others so he has his own little army going. He is also a powerful telepathy. Sinister had tissues on a crapload of people going back years ago. He probably already knows everything about Shaw since they aren't stranges to each other. Sinister can take down Sandman easily with a telepathy attack and battle it out with Shaw.

Guest badpierce

Yes he and shaw both make it their business to keep track of super powered people. Mutants mostly but others too. Sinister is the most Dangerous with prep time. That is when he gives the xmen the most trouble. He has no prep time here. Also no army of clones just to be clear.

Guest bigballerju

Sinister needs no prep time here. He had the DNA of a crapload of mutants for years so he knows about most mutant's abilities and such forth. He was Apocalypse's right hand man for a reason.

Guest force_echo

Sinister has high level regeneration. Unless Sandman suffocated both of them, this is going to be a long fight. Also, Sinister is usually a behind the scenes planner guy. In a straight up fight, he was stalemated by Cyclops.

Guest bigballerju

Cyclops is in Marvel's top best strategist list and is one of the best. He beat Juggernaut and Tom Cassidy by simply outsmarting them. Cyclops also fought Wolverine to a stalemate in Schism where neither could kill the other in that bloody fight. Sinister telepathy wise was powerful enough to go against Hope if I remember correct when the X-Men attacked him at his city. Though Hope won that telepathy battle.

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)

Sinister is not always depicted as such and cyclops didn't beat him by being a strategist

I say we stop listing things that are going to help here.

Nothing Sinister has will hurt Sandman

Nothing Sebastian has will hurt them

They can all suffocate Shaw

Therefore Sandman vs Sinister it is and I say Sandman wins after a long fight

Sinnister is some how vulnerable to Cyclops' eye beams just to everyone knows. And the arguments are good but telepathy trumps Sandman and Shaw. It's the most reliable thing to a regenerator (Sandman) and a kinetic absorber (Shaw).

snip

Sinister's powers always seemed kind of vague to me. Per Wikipedia:

It's called research, as in reading the comics where he appears so you can get first hand information, rather than relying on second hand accounts.

His powers are pretty well defined over the course of the comics he has appeared in.

The character is telepathic, able to manipulate the minds of others in various ways,

This sounds like it's subtle, long-term manipulation. If that's the case, it may not help him much in this set up.

It isn't, it's telepathy just like Emma Frost, Jean Grey and Charles Xavier is capable of, which is what ensures his complete domination of this particular fight.

Does Sinister have some power that I'm missing?

Yes and no, it isn't a power on its own, but he's shown himself capable of shutting down the powers of mutants which means he'll be able to turn off Sebastian shaws powers, removing him from the fight.

Snip

Nothing Sinister has will hurt Sandman

Not true, Sinister is an extremely capable telepath, which makes him more than capable of taking down Sandman.

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)

I was wondering do we have proof of telepathy working on sandman in his sand form? If not its purely heresay

If not, then there really is nothing Nathaniel can do to hurt him

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)

Hey big is that something that is proven?

Just curious, I can see how that wouldn't effect him since he is sand which has no mind per se, but I can see how it would affect him too given that aomethig is holding his sand together.

Guest bigballerju

Sandman still has his mind in sand form and needs it. That's proven. I think by Spiderman too.

Guest badpierce

He obviously has a mind or you wouldnt be Sandman, he would just be sand.  But has anyone ever mind controlled him or psychically attacked him?

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)

Simply meant that he may be immune to telepathy since it requires a certain mind ability to maintain control of the sand while in that form.

I don't ever see where someone has used telepathy on Sandman, and if so it's just pure speculation that has no merit

He still has a human consciousness which is manipulating a body of sand. It's an inorganic construct that's utilized by said consciousness, which is in of itself a mental construct formed of a human mind (Since Sandman was a human prior and retained his personality, memories, knowledge after his transformation). It's mere speculation to presume what you're saying just as well Pymp, more so less quantifiable compared to the premise of a mental attack actually working.

Cheerio.

Guest bigballerju

Actually Spiderman has beat Sandman by attacking his mind more then once. In the desert where Spiderman, Silver Sable, and Widow fought him Spiderman scattered his mind throughout the desert. Spiderman built a device he managed with help to get Sandman to swallow in one of his forms that attacked his mind and body spreading them throughout the entire desert so he couldn't reform for a good while. Probably weeks or longer.

So yea telepathy would definitely work with no problem and actually that's probably his biggest weakness since Sandman is kind of unstable mentally.