Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

Rumble 20548 Maui (Moana) vs. Skar King
MATCH SCORE
Maui (Moana): 4
Skar King: 1

Rumble 14290 Superman vs. Thor

Guest badpierce

I haven't seen the new superman yet so I'm not a good judge but just from the previews, I pick superman.

Guest bigballerju

LOL Film Thor would be lucky if he could beat Dean Cain Superman. Man of Steel Superman stomps. Completely superior then Thor. 

Guest skadoosh

In terms of these film versions, while it's a good fight, Thor doesn't seem to be on a par with Superman physically, although his lightening would probably screw with Supes a bit. However, Thor can't fly the same way Superman can, and isn't as strong or as fast, if only by a small margin, so i reckon Superman wins. I also reckon the margin is rather large.

Guest skadoosh

I didn't say it would help him, it just means he's harder to beat than, say, a human. The lightening would be a good distraction, but after a few strikes Superman will know when to dodge, and obviously have no trouble doing so.

Guest potterpuppetpals

Thor could barely take down Iron Man in Avengers, and it seemed as though a tiny knife from Loki wounded him quite a bit. I'd like to see Loki try and stab Superman with a knife.

Yeah, Man of Steel is just....yeah.  He wins.  But we need to see The Dark World and see if they boosted up his powers.  Loki's knife was Norse base I believe and Thor in the film was powerful....he did decimate another area by slamming his hammer in to the ground.  Though that didn't show it I'm sure he can fly, he was going to catch Stark until Hulk caught him.  I think Man of Steel would win but movie Thor will get a couple of hits in.

Yeah, Man of Steel is just....yeah.  He wins.  But we need to see The Dark World and see if they boosted up his powers.  Loki's knife was Norse base I believe and Thor in the film was powerful....he did decimate another area by slamming his hammer in to the ground.  Though that didn't show it I'm sure he can fly, he was going to catch Stark until Hulk caught him.  I think Man of Steel would win but movie Thor will get a couple of hits in.

While your synopsis is right, I would like to add something here: Be it the movie version, or the comic, Thor will always find himself shorthanded against Superman. The reason couldn't be simpler: Mjolnir is in my opinion, more than half of what Thor is. Without it, he is like a naked guy going into a battle. The problem there is, while Mjolnir does wonders for him, or with him, it has a mind of its own. Against character traits like nobility, innocence, grace, or to say; free of guilt, Mjolnir is expected almost 95% of the time to act in character, and not do 'anything'. Next comes the stage of Thor's 'action verification'. While mostly he's right on, it would take an immense shift of paradigm for Thor to attack Superman, or vice versa. Thor's hot headedness does not help either, that he is going into battle with a more level headed and comparitively 'pacifist' opponent, which will see Mjolnir work for the Man of Steel more than Thor. Unless any setup defines an evil Superman, or a Superman against whom Thor's fight is justified, I am betting that Thor will find himself short handed severely going into any fight in any media against Superman

It certainly didn't look like Mjolnir was taking it easy on Cap when Thor slammed into him. Luckily his shield was in the way. 

It is quite simple bros. Cap and Stark, are both like the rest of the Avengers; conflicted. (Team bickering, trying to one up the other, etc.) Even Joss Whedon commented that these 'out of character' antics were indeed movie schemeatics; but in my honest opinion, he may not be far off in that, as Marvel's lot has become even more conflicted over time. Look to recent comic outings, bro, and you will see the line is gray more than Black and White. You should also check up previous references: such as Mjolnir's barricaded assault on certain 'heroes', or it being shattered on other beings, like Exitar. When you check into these references, you will probably stumble upon the explanation, of how come something as durable as Mjolnir crumbled to nothing when used on a celestial like Exitar; the no surprise answer was that Thor's endeavour right there and then 'was not meant to be, and supposed to be', hence, Mjolnir's ineffectiveness coupled with Exitar's near impervious hide, and then correct standing (as said to be 'ordained' by fate') led to Mjolnir's destruction. It also knows that Thor falls to berserker rage at times, during which it is either pulled into extraneous action, or will fall and lay still. 

Even without this reference set, I easily deciphered it in its elementary 'character', that any 'worthy' being could wield it. Any other conjectures are just that, conjectures bro.

It is quite simple bros. Cap and Stark, are both like the rest of the Avengers; conflicted. (Team bickering, trying to one up the other, etc.) Even Joss Whedon commented that these 'out of character' antics were indeed movie schemeatics; but in my honest opinion, he may not be far off in that, as Marvel's lot has become even more conflicted over time. Look to recent comic outings, bro, and you will see the line is gray more than Black and White. You should also check up previous references: such as Mjolnir's barricaded assault on certain 'heroes', or it being shattered on other beings, like Exitar. When you check into these references, you will probably stumble upon the explanation, of how come something as durable as Mjolnir crumbled to nothing when used on a celestial like Exitar; the no surprise answer was that Thor's endeavour right there and then 'was not meant to be, and supposed to be', hence, Mjolnir's ineffectiveness coupled with Exitar's near impervious hide, and then correct standing (as said to be 'ordained' by fate') led to Mjolnir's destruction. It also knows that Thor falls to berserker rage at times, during which it is either pulled into extraneous action, or will fall and lay still. 

Even without this reference set, I easily deciphered it in its elementary 'character', that any 'worthy' being could wield it. Any other conjectures are just that, conjectures bro.

Baneblade, I'm not sure what you're getting at in all this, that Mjolnir purposefully didn't strike Captain America? That doesn't at all look like what happened in the movie itself. If Cap's shield was not there he would have been red, white and blue dust. It doesn't really make a difference as Superman seems to be a little more powerful.

Baneblade, I'm not sure what you're getting at in all this, that Mjolnir purposefully didn't strike Captain America? That doesn't at all look like what happened in the movie itself. If Cap's shield was not there he would have been red, white and blue dust. It doesn't really make a difference as Superman seems to be a little more powerful.

Sorry ma bro, I guess I didn't maketh myself clear. I was only stating that Cap and the other characters were conflicted in the movie. While Cap was the most noble, he was not 'noble'; this I am only saying because Whedon, who was apparently one of the producers (or writers?) on the project said so. They did this for movie 'attraction' or making these guys 'flawed'.

With that schematic, it would be quite easy for Thor to attack Cap, or lets say it would be 'easier'. I know that this is movie Thor, and perhaps even the same drawbacks don;t apply, but then again, with the flow of things in the Thor movie, it really fit well in place bro, that they are the same as the comic.

I also stated, and am trying again bro, that even in the comics now adays, Whedon's implication would not be far off; the characters, even Capster, have been 'conflicted' and doubtful.

As for Supes, be it in comic, or movie terms, he is still a 'nobler' character than any of them, something 'worthy' in Mjolnir terms.

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)

I think Superman being able to lift the hammer is a bad thing. Sure he is noble, but it should be that only Thor can lift it.

Either way, movie versions of both Superman would win simply because he is that much faster. In the movies Ironman took all of Thor's attacks and it did not phase him so I am assuming Thor is not that much more "powerful" physically that Ironman. Ironman is portrayed as the unoffical leader as he is most popular and higher paid by far.

Superman seems to have no weaknesses with the exception of one huge one, the green rock. Oh and the Red Sun. Magic was not specifically stated to be a weakness and we cannot assume it is until officially stated or depicted. Thor's magic in the movie is also limited to bolts of lightning and summoning his hammer back. Mind you though that the bolts do not seem magical at all and just magically induced, meaning by using magic he has simulated natural lightning.

I picture magic lightning to look the same, but having different properties, i could be wrong.

Bottom line Superman punches Thor out in one punch. Comic wise, Thor doesn't move that fast and would still lose unless specifically written to have abilities that will help him, but thats issue by issue.

Good bros. There is that matter of Thor's magic: It has been stated not to be magic in various sources, where as in some sources it has been only fleetingly referred to casually as magic. Magic is what Loki delves in, or Enchantress delves in. Thor, not so.

This is simply 'an energy', spawned greatly from the Odin force, and other objects of mythology.

I am not saying it, Walt Simonson, and even Mr. Strazcynski said this; I am mentioning here a range of writers differing in takes and perhaps years between them. This was of course, in reply to the assumption, that why couldn't Thor's magic, counter Loki's deceptive one? Answer was that Thor's isn't magic, but Odin life force, or Odin force, granted to him in whatsoever degree by Odin himself. The same was also substantiated when Supes dropped Thor in the debated Avengers/JLA crossover, by Mr. Perez when it was assumed that 'Thor's magic' should simply have dropped SUpes as he is allergic to it. Answer was, it isn't magic. A unique energy in its own, but the more solid outings in terms of stories state it not to be.

Guest mrq356

superman is so overrated.thors a god.he can rip open dimensional portals for gods sake(no pun intended).thors the winner

superman is so overrated.thors a god.he can rip open dimensional portals for gods sake(no pun intended).thors the winner

No good brother, it could be the other way around. I have seen often, heroes/character billed as being able to do wonders, and what they come up with is really a whimper. True, they have amazing feats, but when the sh** really hits the fan, they go packing, or simply go down. Thor is one such example: Look no further than Hulk, or Ironman. If he could not do what you say he can to either of those two, and worse, inspite of a consolation victory, admitted to not being able to match up to Hulk's level, then Superman is way out of his league, speaking literally, by comparison.