Season Losses: 0

Fantasy Team Page

Read more about Winter Soldier at Wikipedia

Official Site: Marvel

Battle Terrain

Crime Boss Takedown

mission_crimeboss.jpg

Guest sithisson

Both of them have done it no questions there. Hard to say as one is going to go the prep way while the other is bound to go gung-ho fashion in and out with much explosive action.

Both of them have done it no questions there. Hard to say as one is going to go the prep way while the other is bound to go gung-ho fashion in and out with much explosive action.

"Prep" means downtime before actually starting the action. If Winter Soldier is able and willing to go in guns blazing and take the boss out, then it's him easy. Especially when you consider that Bats won't be looking to kill, and will have to find a way to non-lethally take the boss down.

I'm very happy to say, Batman loses.

Guest sithisson

"Prep" means downtime before actually starting the action. If Winter Soldier is able and willing to go in guns blazing and take the boss out, then it's him easy. Especially when you consider that Bats won't be looking to kill, and will have to find a way to non-lethally take the boss down.

I'm very happy to say, Batman loses.

Indeed. That was more of a spelling it out for myself then anything. In this case Bucky's is going to go far more faster into the fray, bomb the hell out of the fortifications, kill the armed occupants and strike the target. Bruce (I assume it to be Bruce in this case being it's not the one entitled with Grayson's name) is liable to take all that time to find ways to exploit his way in, get the drop on those around the target methodically, and then, as you suggested clearly, would be looking for the non-lethal means to an end.

Indeed Barnes should have this in under say three hrs or less with your pizza free if he doesn't deliver. Paid by Fury's account mind you....

Guest bigballerju

Winter Soldier's training and experience will allow him to get through the fortress quicker. For the simple fact he has no killing rule which will slow him down here. Batman will use gadgets, his usual stealth attacks, and more to get through which takes more time. Winter Soldier wins because his way is quicker and more efficient. 

Winter Soldier's training and experience will allow him to get through the fortress quicker. For the simple fact he has no killing rule which will slow him down here. Batman will use gadgets, his usual stealth attacks, and more to get through which takes more time. Winter Soldier wins because his way is quicker and more efficient. 

Good points. I think the biggest thing to remember is that "taking down a crime boss" doesn't just mean beating them senseless. It means permanently stopping them. While there are other ways to do so than killing him, none are quite as fast or efficient.

Guest sithisson

Adding into that point what's to say that the heavily fortified place doesn't just happen to have that one window opened by a random mook at the worst moment? The Winter Soilder is more likely to take a chance at sniping the target if he sees the opportunity whereas Bruce is going in for the capture/beatdown method no matter by what means he attempts it.

Guest tomisntblue

Winter Solider likely wins here. Batman's only real chance is if he is able to attack at the same time as Winter Soldier, and allow him to distract any guards while stealthing his way through the fortress to take the boss himself. But in any other situation, Bucky will manage to get it done more quickly. 

What about Batman using his stealth to sneak in quickly and take out the boss? per say kidnapping him. So he can take him to jail. Rather than fighting all the hired guns and wasting his time when he can cut off the head of the snake. Batman is basically a ninja after all and couldn't he just do that? -Shrug- That's what I would do and I'm fairly sure Batman is smarter than me.

WAIT! If it's at there strongest that means Batman calls in Superman and yay Batman wins helping me win in this round :P       

Guest badpierce

What about Batman using his stealth to sneak in quickly and take out the boss? per say kidnapping him. So he can take him to jail. Rather than fighting all the hired guns and wasting his time when he can cut off the head of the snake. Batman is basically a ninja after all and couldn't he just do that? -Shrug- That's what I would do and I'm fairly sure Batman is smarter than me.

WAIT! If it's at there strongest that means Batman calls in Superman and yay Batman wins helping me win in this round :P       

When I first saw this, I thought batman was a shoe in. Taking down crime bosses is what he does. I have always thought of the WS as a spy more then a crime fighter. After reading the posts though you can't argue the logic. Really, how often does batman sneak past the henchmen? Almost never.

When I first saw this, I thought batman was a shoe in. Taking down crime bosses is what he does. I have always thought of the WS as a spy more then a crime fighter. After reading the posts though you can't argue the logic. Really, how often does batman sneak past the henchmen? Almost never.

He has actually done that quite often against Penguin and Two Face.  He would bypass the hired help and be waiting in there office.

Well actually, Winter Soldier could easily do the same thing. He was an assassin, after all, and arguably one of the best. Difference is, he'll be able to do it far faster than Batman with silenced guns and the like.

And Winter Soldier calls in Thor. :P

Guest tomisntblue

No he doesn't.

Black Widow has stated Bucky Barnes to be one of the most dangerous men on the planet.

If this was a non-lethal take down, I'd give it to the Batman. But as is, it's liable to be an assassination for the Winter Soldier and therefore... that take down is much faster and cleaner. :)

Winter Soldier wins.

Guest bigballerju

It was a close vote so people could have paid attention to the debate that went on. Most people on here said Winter Soldier would win and gave reasons.