Season Wins: 0

Season Losses: 0

Fantasy Team Page

Read more about Freddy Krueger at Wikipedia

Official Site: New Line Cinema

Battle Terrain

Hall of Mirrors

grid_hall.jpg

Freddy at his most powerful can create someone's nightmare without them needing to be asleep, so perhaps he can show all the people Galen cares for in horrible mutilated ways in the mirrors? Also, Freddy can pretty much do whatever the *vulgarity* he wants to Galen so unless he does such a pisspoor job that the Necronomicon takes it's power back, then he's got this.

Guest bigballerju

Starkiller would still have the force and he is powerful enough to overcome Freddy mentally. Yeah Freddy can't do whatever he wants to Starkiller. Not when regular humans have beaten him even at his most powerful. Which lucky for Starkiller this is a mental battle. Freddy's most powerful version in the real world is when he gets reality warping abilities from the necro book and that's canon.

Guest bigballerju

I said when Freddy has the necro book he has reality warping powers. Without it he doesn't. For this match this is regular Freddy who doesn't have the book and Regular Freddy loses to humans. His most powerful level without the book is being able to manipulate things in the real world to a certain degree and much more. However no reality warping unless he has the necro book. 

-.- This is the character at their most powerful yes?Freddy was at his most powerful in Freddy vs Jason vs Ash:The Dream Warriors and the ONLY reason he lost was because Neil managed to read the Necronomicon and then it took away Freddy's power along with the dream demons taking theirs back and then Ash shot his ass into the portal. He pretty much was owning everything thrown at him. Galen's good, yes but with Freddy playing on his fears like how Vader did by threatening Juno(which I'll admit did lead to Vader getting the shit beaten out of him)but none the less, Freddy can show images of him gutting her, licking her, or even raping her if he really wants to be a douche and Galen can get as mad as he wants, that'll just let Freddy dig deeper and deeper..

Guest tomisntblue

Huh, two nearly god-like beings in a row. Maybe they should have been matched against each other instead. Did I mention I hate this "the most powerful versions" rule? But, that's another rant for another time. Saffice to say, it's why I'm keeping Dante on my bench. Anyway, moving on. 

I figure Galen could manage a win here. Not that it would be easy, and the mirrors lend themselves to Freddy's mind games. They'd even serve to conceal the dream demon's real location. Until Galen got fed up and chained some force lightening off all the mirrors. But, the meat of my thoughts on this are that, if Galen can use the force to take or destroy the book, wouldn't that leave Freddy powerless?  

Guest potterpuppetpals

Starkiller has been shown to be pretty weak against mental attacks, as shown with his battle against Darth Phobos.

Mh, I suppose if he keeps a clear enough head, than he can put two and two together and figure out that the Necronomicon is what is giving Freddy his powers. Though, if Freddy pisses him off too much and lets him rage, he might not think to attack the Necronomicon.

Guest tomisntblue

I think it's fairly likely. Being trained by Vader, he knows how to stay focused under pressure. 

And the precise reason as to why Vader got his ass kicked so hard by Galen in TFU 2 was because he pissed off Galen to the point, where he was tempted to just decapitate him and be done with it, because it seemed like he killed Juno. Hell, Freddy could even take on the FORM of Juno, just to piss Galen off/*vulgarity* with him.

If anyone has demons in his head for Freddy to exploit, its Starkiller. The whole Dark Side path plays upon emotion. Emotion is Freddy's strong suit.  He wins.

Guest tomisntblue

Really? I dunno, he seems to get really upset when Juno's involved.

Ya sure ya ain't speculating? I mean I've played the first and the second games...

I'll admit I'm speculating, but it's also speculation to assume Freddy will pull Juno into it. Obvious he will if he knows about her, but my knowledge points to Freddy is not a mind reader. He invades dreams, and manipulates them, sure. But it's not different than walking into someone's house and messing with their stuff, he only knows as much as he can see in the room.  

I base this on his fight with Jason in Freddy vs Jason. He was manipulating the dream real and throwing everything he could at Jason, but nothing was doing any damage to Jason. It wasn't until he, by random chance, that he found Jason's fear of water. And only when that fear was brought to the forefront of Jason's mind, was Freddy able to find out what to use against the killer.

But, with the book, this fight isn't even in Starkiller's mind. Freddy will use his usual tricks, sending things that would scare a normal person his way. Those things won't affect him much, having battled monsters across the universe. This, combined with Freddy's typical "taunt you while I kill you" style will give Galen plenty of time to figure out to attack the book. Because, honestly, if your fighting someone and all they have is a book while they make all sorts of freaky shit happen, you'll probably put two and two together, provided you're used to freaky shit. So unless Freddy can by chance figure out what makes Galen tick specifically, the jedi will be able to stay focused enough to figure this one out.

Guest bigballerju

If Freddy has the  necro book Starkiller doesn't stand a chance since Freddy was reality warping the crap out of the world with it in both the Freddy vs Jason vs Ash series. It's better to use Freddy at his most powerful without the book to be fair. Other then that excellent points.

Starkiller could use the force to help him fight off Freddy mentally. The force is something Freddy won't know Starkiller has or really know a way to stop Starkiller from using it to help him.

I'll admit I'm speculating, but it's also speculation to assume Freddy will pull Juno into it. Obvious he will if he knows about her, but my knowledge points to Freddy is not a mind reader. He invades dreams, and manipulates them, sure. But it's not different than walking into someone's house and messing with their stuff, he only knows as much as he can see in the room.  

I base this on his fight with Jason in Freddy vs Jason. He was manipulating the dream real and throwing everything he could at Jason, but nothing was doing any damage to Jason. It wasn't until he, by random chance, that he found Jason's fear of water. And only when that fear was brought to the forefront of Jason's mind, was Freddy able to find out what to use against the killer.

But, with the book, this fight isn't even in Starkiller's mind. Freddy will use his usual tricks, sending things that would scare a normal person his way. Those things won't affect him much, having battled monsters across the universe. This, combined with Freddy's typical "taunt you while I kill you" style will give Galen plenty of time to figure out to attack the book. Because, honestly, if your fighting someone and all they have is a book while they make all sorts of freaky shit happen, you'll probably put two and two together, provided you're used to freaky shit. So unless Freddy can by chance figure out what makes Galen tick specifically, the jedi will be able to stay focused enough to figure this one out.

One of Starkiller's fears was losing Juno.

He'll see this. -.-

Also just take a look at the wikia. If this:

"often manipulates the dream world around him, usually in accordance to a person's personality or fears. (For example, he turns Debbie, who hates bugs, into a cockroach and crushes her; injects Taryn, who has a history of abusing drugs, with heroin; smashes Jennifer's face against the TV, when Jennifer wanted to be an actress and appear on TV)."

Doesn't imply that he has the capabilities of sensing fear, than I don't know what else.

Guest bigballerju

That fear Jason had of water was bullshit indeed because in the prior Friday films he has been in the lake with no problem. I think he even killed someone in the water when they were on the boat. Freddy usually instantly knows what your fear is once you enter the dream world. It's almost if you have a fear Freddy will definitely know it. Jason has no fear and he's faster then what was depicted in that film.

Guest Hastur

This fight is too ambiguous to judge.  The fight could be either in the dream world or the real world, and Freddy's "most powerful" (with the Necronomicon) wasn't really his most powerful, and the abilities of Force users are notoriously underdefined. 

If the fight's in the dream, Freddy takes it, 'cause only protagonists who know Krueger's history and weaknesses have won there... unless of course Starkiller pulls out another one of those E.U. "oh, yeah, the Force can totally do that now" abilities. 

If it's in the real world with the Necronomicon the biggest question is "is the Necronomicon obvious?";  If so, given Freddy's M.O. of just messing around with his victims unti he gets bored or worried, Starkiller could probably win his way to the book to either grab it or destroy it... unless of course he actually scares Freddy badly enough with a near miss that Freddy decides to end it quick.

If, of course, it's in the real world sans Necronomicon, then Freddy's totally hosed.

Guest Hastur

That fear Jason had of water was bullshit indeed because in the prior Friday films he has been in the lake with no problem. I think he even killed someone in the water when they were on the boat. Freddy usually instantly knows what your fear is once you enter the dream world. It's almost if you have a fear Freddy will definitely know it. Jason has no fear and he's faster then what was depicted in that film.

Jason's not afraid of water now.  There was a point in his history when he was very very afraid of it, though.  That's what Freddy did, IMO; he found that place in Jason's mind where he remembered being a terrified, humiliated little boy, and "manually" dragged those memories back to the surface.

My only guess as to why Jason hesitated in the first place is that the dream world is a much more... intuitive environment, where Jason's lack of emotion would be less absolute.

Guest bigballerju

Ah I see. So  Freddy dug deep down in Jason's mind and pulled out a fear he no longer had to use against him. He took that fear and made him afraid of it again. Very smart then if that's the case.