Season Wins: 0

Season Losses: 0

Read more about Zatanna at Wikipedia

Official Site: DC Comics

Battle Terrain

The Catwalk

grid_catwalk.jpg

Guest Kate Awesome Is Awesome

Hey look it's two of my favorite fictional characters going against each other!

Guest Kate Awesome Is Awesome

I think Korra would eventually get to a point where this would be a fight, but as she is now it is a bit of a stomp

Aww, looks like Team D-Nyl is down one in its Draft debut. :( 

Korra might have a chance if she can get the jump on Zatanna, but realistically, all Zatanna has to do is say something to the likes of "Eb Enog". 

Guest Shockwave

If it's end of Season 1 Korra, she's got the Avatar state and Airbending so I think she could conter Eb enog

Not to sure on Zatana... but Magic... Can't she litterally do ANYTHING and make ANYTHING happen if she just speaks it backwards?

Guest Zreth

Not to sure on Zatana... but Magic... Can't she litterally do ANYTHING and make ANYTHING happen if she just speaks it backwards?

Yes, that is exactly the case.EXACTLY

Guest Zreth

If it's end of Season 1 Korra, she's got the Avatar state and Airbending so I think she could conter Eb enog

But just being very strong wouldn't counter Zatanna speaking. You also have to keep in mind Korra's personality into question too, it's not like she's just going to ice someone the moment she sees them, she's both an athlete and the Avatar; she wouldn't do something as dirty kill some half dressed unarmed woman the moment she sees her.

Guest bigballerju

When did Korra show the ability to counter any magic like Zatanna's? Zatanna wins this without much effort.

There's literally nothing in her arsenal that would counter a magical instance of her disappearing as per the parameters of that spell.

If there is - please enlighten me.

Guest Shockwave

Avatar state is the only thing I can think of.  Wish we had season 2 to work with on the spirit monsters to test it.

"Gnidneb Eb Enog." "Eid Arrok." :(

Guest Shockwave

Like I said, the Avatar state is the only thing that could save Korra, but that's not really used much now for her and without season 2 there isn't much we know about it so it's just speculation.  

Guest deojusto

As the devil's advocate I might argue for my opponent just a little to make it a tad more of an interesting fight. Everyone's focusing on sheer power, but not on speed. Neither of these gals are really tanks, so defense isn't the difference either. It might be a focus on who can get their attacks out first.

It might be a situation of easier done then said, since Korra's attacks are practiced reflexes, where Zatanna's have to be spoken. It could be a fraction of a difference, but they're fighting on a terrain that favors the acrobatic, so maybe blitz strikes would help.

I still think Zantanna wins maybe 7 times out of 10, but is the avatar chick isn't totally stomped. 

I got a question is it really Zatanna's style to kill some one? Specially right off the bat in a fight? I have only seen her in Smallville and Young Justice cartoon but she didn't seem like killing type in less you kill her dad. Though she is clearly more powerful then Korra, I think Korra would put up a fight. It wouldn't be over kill but the victory is clear with Zatanna.     

Guest Zreth

I got a question is it really Zatanna's style to kill some one? Specially right off the bat in a fight? I have only seen her in Smallville and Young Justice cartoon but she didn't seem like killing type in less you kill her dad. Though she is clearly more powerful then Korra, I think Korra would put up a fight. It wouldn't be over kill but the victory is clear with Zatanna.     

The thing is "Eb Enog" wouldn't kill her she just won't be there, thus causing instant TKO.

Guest Shockwave

You're still not getting it. Avatar State wouldn't save her - Zatanna still holds superiority in the power department.

No I got the message.  That last post was admittance that its a long shot.

Guest bigballerju

Zatanna wins without much effort. Zatanna can send Korra back in time or forward, turn Korra into something else like animal, mindwipe, and more. Zatanna even has the abilities of fire, wind, earth, and water with her magic already in addition to her many abilities. Seriously Zatanna doesn't even have to kill Korra with her many magical attacks.

Zatanna doesn't have to speak to actually use her magical abilities. She just does it as of respect for her father and to focus her magic attacks more. Zatanna would probably do more damage if she didn't say a spell backwards to focus them to what she actually wants.