Lilandra Neramani: 2
Agent L: 4

Rumble 20577 Baraka vs. Kollector
MATCH SCORE
Baraka: 3
Kollector: 2

Rumble 13879 The Flood vs. The Xenomorphs

The Flood take this.

agreed again.  The Flood can infect the xenos much more rapidly than the xenos can infect the Flood.

agreed again.  The Flood can infect the xenos much more rapidly than the xenos can infect the Flood.

If at all... a Xeno is just a paracite, the Flood are a full on Virus. Any egg or embro that a face hugger would be able to put into a flood form would end up dying and being absorbed into the flood biomass.

The Xeno on the other hand while being able to take on and posibly win battles against infected Xenos, would eventually all fall as the flood start converting the planets atmosphere to produce infecting spores. Which don't require breathing to infect, as in large quantities evne being covered in them is enough to infect.

If at all... a Xeno is just a paracite, the Flood are a full on Virus. Any egg or embro that a face hugger would be able to put into a flood form would end up dying and being absorbed into the flood biomass.

The Xeno on the other hand while being able to take on and posibly win battles against infected Xenos, would eventually all fall as the flood start converting the planets atmosphere to produce infecting spores. Which don't require breathing to infect, as in large quantities evne being covered in them is enough to infect.

I was just going off the fact that the flood are living beings and xenos could use them to breed.  If they were not possible to do it, the fight would be even shorter.

Guest Betterman

Will the Xenomorph homeworld survive?

Nope. If the Forerunners couldn't do it, no way the Xeno's can.

I don't see it.  Spores gotta travel through the blood stream.  Their blood stream is acidic.  Even at a cellular level, those are dangerous cells.  My guess is the Aliens natural immune system is too strong for the infection to occur. 

Guest Betterman

Flood are spores, but that's not how they take you over. They pierce the skin and attach tendrils to the spinal cord. And it's hilarious to think Aliens could survive this when the undisputed lords of existence were wiped out unceremoniously.

Lords of their existence. The Forerunners aren't in the Aliens/Predator/Engineer (Space Jockey) universe. So, that comment is also moot. Also the piercing the skin and attaching to the spinal cord thing is moot because once you pierce an Alien's skin, your life is pretty much forfeit as you are going to be buffeted with acid. Flood included...

On 5/10/2013 at 10:38 AM, treacherous said:

I don't see it.  Spores gotta travel through the blood stream.  Their blood stream is acidic.  Even at a cellular level, those are dangerous cells.  My guess is the Aliens natural immune system is too strong for the infection to occur. 

I'll elaborate further - they will and can affect you at the cellular level. That does not mean they have to go through the "blood stream" (It's not actually blood iirc...). Furthermore as someone mentioned, they simply have to infect your nervous system.

They merely simply have to not rupture the flesh of the xenos and they can alter the forms. In fact - once they've taken a few Xenos for themselves, they will reuse their body parts in the composition of the new flood creatures that will be resistant to the blood of the Xenos and they can then get right to tearing the Xenos a new one.

Guest Betterman

Lol. Comparing the Alien/Predator/Engineer universe to that of Halo.

The Forerunner's decimated the race that used to be the Flood, and during the time they were fighting the Flood on all fronts, had enough time to gather samples of every known species in existence, and make genetic copies able to be brought back after they fired the Halo Rings. Which also wiped out all life with no problems.

It's like comparing ants to...well masters of existence (which the Forerunners clearly were with their amazing tech).

They had dominion over a galaxy and a few satellites that destroyed life. That's no more impressive than Darth Sidious and the Death Star. I'm not impressed. I don't think the Flood can infect the Aliens.

Guest Betterman

You're severely downplaying how impressive the Forerunners were. The satellites were the size of planets, and each one could repopulate entire planets down to the micro-organisms.

And they're more impressive than the aliens, who are nothing but semi-sentient experiments run amok.

And you're probably the only one who doesn't. Which means you made an intentional spite thread, but it's spite for the Flood. Not against them.

In all likelyhood though, until/if the flood adapt themselves against the acid from the Xeno's the whole battle would be on be faught a cellular level. Flood would start breaking down all the biomass their spores come in contact with, creating more spores.

Xenomorphs would fall, and perhaps a handful would rise as combat forms, but the key function they would provide wouldn't be in combat or large scale infection, more in propagation of more spores deeper into places that the wind or water couldn't take spores.

Guest force_echo

The wiki says that the flood spore infects like a lysogenic virus. Those have to travel through the bloodstream. I doubt the spores would be able to infect the xenos.

Whether they can adapt to the blood depends on a few things. How are flood spores created, how fast they reproduce, and how long the battles probably going to be.