Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

EA will make Star Wars games.

megarock58

This actually seems to be a pretty good match. According to some records on Wikipedia, EA has been behind some great game franchises in the past, and is currently, behind the Knights of Old Republic MMO, so I can say we should expect good thngs.

Battlefront 3 or I'm not satisfied.

I was thinking about this, and me I'd wish that the game would come out too, but only after 7, 8, and 9 are out too, so it doesn't seem to out of date.

Guest Ruinus

I was thinking about this, and me I'd wish that the game would come out too, but only after 7, 8, and 9 are out too, so it doesn't seem to out of date.

What?

What?

What I meant was, I was thinking about the idea of Battlefront 3 on a bus ride home. However, when I considered what I'd like to see in it, I'd hoped it at least have something to do with Star Wars Episodes 7, 8, and 9. The reason being, while Battlefront 1 was great as it was, the lack of Revenge of The Sith content when it came out, made it feel dated to say the least

Guest Ruinus

What I meant was, I was thinking about the idea of Battlefront 3 on a bus ride home. However, when I considered what I'd like to see in it, I'd hoped it at least have something to do with Star Wars Episodes 7, 8, and 9. The reason being, while Battlefront 1 was great as it was, the lack of Revenge of The Sith content when it came out, made it feel dated to say the least

And with good reason, seeing as how Star Wars Battlefront was released September 21, 2004 while Revenge of the Sith was released May 19, 2005. Star Wars Battlefront II had content from Revenge of the Sith.

Give me a Star Wars game that has nothing to do with Jedi or Clone/Storm Troopers. 

Hell, just give me something Star Wars related without either of those elements. Give me like, a Metal Gear Solid styled game about the underbelly of the Star Wars universe-- all smugglers and bounty hunters and all that Han Solo shit.

You know, the stuff about Star Wars that's actually cool. 

Guest force_echo

What? The stuff about Star Wars that every single science fiction universe ever created has, with the most archetypal characters? Besides 1313 already got trashed, that was probably the closest you were gonna get. Although knowing Bioware, they'll probably give you an option to play as a Bounty Hunter/smuggler if you want to be one. They did in the Old Republic MMO at least.

Guest Ruinus

I sorta agree with Landon. I've love a video game from the side of a Stormtrooper or random Republic soldier with no Jedi or Sith, a pure war game like the Battlefront games (except for the hero characters), or as a random smuggler or whatever. Or, and this is a crazy idea, a storyline that doesn't involve the entire galaxy-ie stopping a plot on a single planet that threatens to destroy that one planet's government or something.

You could seriously have depressing shit in Star Wars, in one of the books (or campaign guides, I forgot which) it mentions that at the height of the Clone Wars entire planets were stripped of resources in a matter of months to fuel the two armies. A series of war games set entirely on that one planet could be pretty awesome.

Guest force_echo

I sorta agree with Landon. I've love a video game from the side of a Stormtrooper or random Republic soldier with no Jedi or Sith, a pure war game like the Battlefront games (except for the hero characters), or as a random smuggler or whatever. Or, and this is a crazy idea, a storyline that doesn't involve the entire galaxy-ie stopping a plot on a single planet that threatens to destroy that one planet's government or something.

You could seriously have depressing shit in Star Wars, in one of the books (or campaign guides, I forgot which) it mentions that at the height of the Clone Wars entire planets were stripped of resources in a matter of months to fuel the two armies. A series of war games set entirely on that one planet could be pretty awesome.

Yeah, you just described Republic Commando. Republic Commando 2! DO IT EA!

Ooh, how about something like this...

The Hero: A Smuggler, Han Solo type, s/he's in over their head on a debt from a botched shipment. Needs quick cash, so has to take a dirty/dangerous job... That leads to...

The Setting: One of these strip mine worlds... only in the early stages. The natives are being occupied by the CIS... the Republic knows about this, but can't send any forces or enough jedi to do anything about it. So they...

The Plot: Hire a smuggler to drop off weapons shipments to the natives... do a kind of Afghan vs Soviet war style conflict. They need a smuggler willing to run the blockade of the planet, and get weapons to the natives, so they can sabotage the mining works...

You could add a whole slue of side plots and objectives, and such to something like that. And they would have to do it up like Mass Effect, with player Choices and Skill determining the outcomes of various plot elements.

Edit: just thought of a twist, after the game, and the ending credits... we see that the trouble isn't over. The CIS may have been beaten (depending on player choices, though assuming best ending) but... Dun dun DUN, the republic wants the planets resources too... this leads to a cliff hanger, where the Smuggler must decide to help the natives and be an honorable person, or such and such...

Guest Ruinus

Yes, that kinds of shit would be great.

Bad ending: You fight off the CIS... but did so in such a way that nothing stops the Droid Armies from showing up in a few weeks to defeat your incredibly weakened resistance movement.

Good ending: You fight off the CIS in such a way that you put up enough defenses to wait out for the Republic to show up.

Guest sirmethos

Battlefront 3 or I'm not satisfied.

Screw Battlefront.   A continuation on the Jedi Knight/Dark Forces series, or I'm not satisfied.  Jedi Knight:Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy, are the single(dual?) best Sword Fighting games in existence.  I've spent the better part of 11 years on those two games, and I still play Jedi Academy.

Knights of the Old Republic 3. Not this MMO BS.

Agreed, though the storyline was already getting kinda old with KOTOR 2.

Give me a Star Wars game that has nothing to do with Jedi or Clone/Storm Troopers. 

Hell, just give me something Star Wars related without either of those elements. Give me like, a Metal Gear Solid styled game about the underbelly of the Star Wars universe-- all smugglers and bounty hunters and all that Han Solo shit.

You know, the stuff about Star Wars that's actually cool. 

A continuation on Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire, with more modern graphics, would be pretty awesome, yea.

Or something along the lines of the first Dark Forces game.  Or even the X-Wing/X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter games.

That said, a continuation on the Jedi Knight series is for me > any other Star Wars games.

Guest force_echo

Republic Commando basically created a new side of the star wars universe. Also, it was a really good shooter in general. Best squad based mechanics in any game I've ever seen. Maybe Rainbow Six. Mass effect in 3rd.

Guest force_echo

gungan frontier? Lol.

Order 67?! REPUBLIC COMMANDO 2?!

Also, something I found on Facebook:

249099_470808049662608_19397702_n.jpg