Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Match 13708 The Avengers vs. Captain America

Guest Incredible Hulk

Guest Incredible Hulk

This is my 2013 "Ides of March" competion entry. Hope you guys like it.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120505192943/marveldatabase/images/f/f0/Avengers_Mansion_from_New_Avengers_Vol_2_1.JPG

The Avengers were going about their daily whims at the Avengers' Mansion when an alert sounded, calling the Avengers to the assembly room.

"What grave omen shall come upon us today Jarvis," said Thor.

"Whatever it is, I hope it gets over quick," said Tony Stark. "I have a special meeting in a few hours and I can't be late."

"There has been a disturbance in downtown New York," announced Tony's A.I. Jarvis. "The individual in question is radiating high levels of energy. I am unable to identify the person due to the radiation interfering with my satellite scanners. The energy signature appears familiar but I have exact records of it in my database."

Tony examined the data at the computer terminal.

"It appears to be Asgardian in origin but whoever it is they must be souped up by some other kind of energy"

"Well looks like this is your department blonde," said Hawkeye.

"Aye it appears so. Let us go and smite thee who has chosen the path of evil before thee bring any harm to Midgard."

"We need to be careful though guys," said Tony. "Whoever it is, he's radiating energy levels that are off the charts."

"Let's get going then," said Captain America.

The Avengers boarded the quinjet and started flying towards downtown.

"Frost giants," said Tony as they were nearing the person in question.

"Amora," grumbled Thor.

"Wait what?" said Tony as Thor became a blur racing towards the ensuing chaos. "Do you mean the Enchantress? Thor wait it could be a trap!"

When Thor was in the vicinity of the Enchantress he stopped with determination in his eyes. She was blasting away entire blocks with ease by using something in her hand. Thor knew this had to end here.

"Amora!" bellowed Thor.

"Oh Thor," said the Enchantress. "I was wondering when you would get here. I was being to think you weren't going to show up."

"This constant drive for power has to stop."

"You never did understand what could be done with ultimate power. Oh well... but if you insist, I'll stop the annoying fight for power. I already have all the power I will ever need with the Wand of Watacomb!"

As the Enchantress finished speaking, she blasted Thor before he could react. The blast appeared to have completely disintegrated Thor.

"THOR!" yelled Iron Man as the Avengers finally got there and saw Thor get obliterated.

"It's about time you Avengers got here. Now it's about time I....."

Before Enchantress could finish her words however, a shield came flying and and knocked the Wand of Watacomb out of her hands. Before the wand could hit the ground Iron Man came speeding out of nowhere and grabbed the wand before Enchantress could do anything. Several of the Avengers were already in action getting ready to charge Enchantress.

"NOO!" cried the as the lost the wand.

Before Enchantress could do anything else she was then blasted by the combined efforts of the Avengers.

"YOU WILL PAY FOR THAT," said Enchantress as she got up with fury in her eye. Before she could retaliate she was blasted by Iron Man with the Wand of Watacomb.

"Stark what did you do?" yelled Captain America.

"Relax guys" said Tony. "I just teleported her somewhere safe. She isn't going to bother anyone anymore."

"How come you always get to use the all-powerful toys Stark?" said Hawkeye. "First the gauntlet thing you destroyed and now this."

"Just come on guys," said Cap as he picked up Mjolnir. "We need to take care of those frost giants before they destroy the whole city. Now... AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!"

Meanwhile, somewhere in the nine realms...

"So..." said Loki. "Mr. Steven Rogers is now the honorary wielder of the might Mjolnir. This is quite and and interesting turn of events..."

Even though he wields Mjolnir, that doesn't mean has the powers or or resistance to sorcery Thor possessed. I think it's about time I do what I do best," said Loki with a chuckle.

Back in New York the Avengers were just finishing up taking care of the frost giants

"Well that seems to be the last of them," said Tony.

"I guess so," said Captain America.

"Are You okay Cap," said Tony. "I..."

All of a sudden, Cap turned around and threw Mjolnir at Tony so it hit right him right in the chest where the arc reactor was. Cap's were glowing with a yellow fury

"Cap what the hell are you doing," said Hawkeye.

"It's about time you Avengers got what you deserve," said Cap in an unrecognizable voice.

Guest Incredible Hulk

Fight Parameters

Captain America (w/ Mjolnir and his sheild)

Loki now is controlling Captain America but Captain will fight as if he wasn't being mind controlled except "he" wants to kill the Avengers for their "crimes." (against Loki you could say) All of Captain America's physical attributes (strength, speed, etc...) have been tripled because of Loki's Magic. Cap also know how to use the hammer to it's max (that someone that isn't Thor or a god can do) thanks to Loki

Vs.

These Avengers

Black Widow

Cannonball

Falcon

Hawkeye

Manifold

Shang-Chi

Smasher

Spider-Man (Otto-Octavius)

Spider-Woman

Sun-Spot

Wolverine

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

Nice set-up. It's hard to say. With his new powers Cap could probably easily take out any of the others (though I don't know what power level some are at these days.) There are a lot of them, though.

Guest Incredible Hulk

Nice set-up. It's hard to say. With his new powers Cap could probably easily take out any of the others (though I don't know what power level some are at these days.) There are a lot of them, though.

Cap wins and nice set up

Guest ZeroAccess

Avengers

The power level's of Cap sounds to be on par with Thor and Thor couldn't take all of them out by himself.

Being the Avengers they'd been around Mjolnir and know how to combat it. Also Tony is the the wielder of the wand and it appears that would change things substantially.

I'm confused though Tony Stark has the wand yet Loki states Cap has it and how is Cap wielding Mjolnir?

Guest ZeroAccess

No Ironman though in the list which is kind of odd to say the least. I didn't realize Sunspot, Cannonball, and a few others were ever in The Avengers.

Is this something I'm just not aware of or did you decide to mix it up?

I don't know what some are talking about but from what I can see Iron Man isn't in this fight.

Against these Avengers, with cap newly enhanced abilities and weapons; he can't lose

Guest Dinsdale Piranha
Black Widow - While she would normally be a close match for Cap in speed and skill, with his powers tripled he'll have no problem beating her.

Cannonball - The shield can defend against any attack he can make and the hammer can hurt him through his force field. Add Cap's greater fighting ability and experience and it's no contest.

Falcon - Falc's only advantage is flight. Cap could beat him consistently even without the hammer.

Hawkeye - Hawk has problems getting past the shield at the best of times. With Cap so much faster and with devastating long range attacks of his own, Hawkeye has no chance.

Manifold - Who? (I am so out of the loop)

Shang-Chi - Under normal conditions I'd expect this to be an even fight, Cap with the superior strength and speed and Shang Chi with an edge in skill. With Cap enhanced, it's an east vistory.

Smasher - Erm?

Spider-Man (Otto-Octavius) - Octo-Spidey is still stronger than Cap and maybe as fast, but he doesn't have any defense to match the Shield or attack to come close to the hammer.

Spider-Woman - Again, possibly a physical match for the enhanced cap, but not his weapons. 

Sun-Spot - Can't match Cap's speed and skill and his shield and hammer overwhelm Sunspot's strength.

Wolverine - He's outmatched physically, the shield is a defense even his claws can't cut, and the hammer can do damage that he can't easily recover from. 

So, none of these Avengers has any hope of matching Loki/Cap on their own. The question is whether they can do it together. IMO, the strategy they need is one that's going to separate Cap from the hammer. If they can do that, they have a chance. It's possible, but with Cap controlling all of Mjolnir's powers, I think he will beat this team at least 3 times out of 5.

Guest Incredible Hulk

Avengers

The power level's of Cap sounds to be on par with Thor and Thor couldn't take all of them out by himself.

Being the Avengers they'd been around Mjolnir and know how to combat it. Also Tony is the the wielder of the wand and it appears that would change things substantially.

I'm confused though Tony Stark has the wand yet Loki states Cap has it and how is Cap wielding Mjolnir?

Well tripling Cap's physical attributes doesn't put Cap anywhere near Thor's level, at least not in strength. Thor could easily take the avengers Cap is fighting in this fight.

Yah Tony is out of the fight. He got hit by Mjolnir when Cap threw it at him...

Loki states "Mr. Steven Rogers is now the honorary wielder of the might Mjolnir."    Mjolnir = Thor's Hammer.  Also Cap is one of the few ones deemed "worthy" that are able to wield Thor's Hammer.

No Ironman though in the list which is kind of odd to say the least. I didn't realize Sunspot, Cannonball, and a few others were ever in The Avengers.

Is this something I'm just not aware of or did you decide to mix it up?

All the Avengers I picked are currently, in comics, part of the Avengers team.

Guest Incredible Hulk

Also on a side note Cap with his strength tripled can still only lift about 1.8 tons give or take.

Cap also know how to use the hammer to it's max (that someone that isn't Thor or a god can do) thanks to Loki

This means that Cap is able to absorb and redirect energy, control the weather, on a local scale at the very least, and fly using Mjolnir, amongst other things.

With his tactical skill he's able to use those powers to an extremely effective degree in this fight.

great match, but the characterization seemed a bit off to me, so i'm only giving it a 'B', with Cap winning.

Guest Incredible Hulk

Cap also know how to use the hammer to it's max (that someone that isn't Thor or a god can do) thanks to Loki

This means that Cap is able to absorb and redirect energy, control the weather, on a local scale at the very least, and fly using Mjolnir, amongst other things.

With his tactical skill he's able to use those powers to an extremely effective degree in this fight.

great match, but the characterization seemed a bit off to me, so i'm only giving it a 'B', with Cap winning.

Thanks and would you mind giving some examples of where you think i was off with characterization.

Edit: I do see why I would be off a little with characterization though cause I don't have the money for buying a lot of comics and mostly what I know of their personalities is from stuff like TV shows (Avengers EMH for example) and stuff like that.

Match Final Results

USER RATINGS

kainboa gives it a grade of: B

corvette1710 gives it a grade of: A

SSJRuss gives it a grade of: A

xLEGACYx gives it a grade of: B It was a good match. Only some spelling and grammar mistakes that could be made with a proof read before submitting.

FoxFingers gives it a grade of: A

Dinsdale Piranha gives it a grade of: B Good idea and characterization. The only flaws I see are that Cap has too great an advantage in this write up and there was some confusion about whether Iron Man was with the Avengers.

SCORE

The Avengers: 13

Captain America: 9

FPA: 3.5