Hollow vs. X-23
MATCH SCORE
Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

The Batman Vs. The Punisher. Winner Takes All!

The Void

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

He's been shown hitting people who should be fast enough to dodge his bullets easily, like Spider-man and Burnout. Hitting them should be impossible with normal bullets.

Guest force_echo

But he doesn't have super strength, yet leg presses 2500 pounds. Comics are fundamentally illogical. In the DC universe, it isn't much of a stretch that Batman could dodge bullets, honestly.

First of all, there are humans out there who can leg press 2500 pounds. Second of all, I don't know if you can read, but even if he could dodge bullets, how would he dodge a bullet when he wasn't even facing the right way? There are two possible explanations: that he has Spider-Sense, and that the cops missed.

That scan stands as good evidence to me. If Superman was looking at Batman, then states he can't see him, it is reasonable to believe that Batman is shielded against said x-rays.

Nope. You can't prove that he's using unblocked X-Ray vision. Besides, concrete proof has been shown that Superman could see Batman through X-Ray vision, both Pre-Flashpoint and New 52. So yeah, still lose.

You mean like this one? Bullets fired, Batman ducks under said shot in next panel.

How do you know that Batman didn't start ducking while the dude was firing bullets, or, considering that that guy was scared as sh*t, missed? Besides, like Dinsdale pointed out, Punisher has nailed confirmed bullet dodgers before who are simply leagues faster than Batman (Spider-Man being one example), and Batman has been shot before (on numerous ocassions), so The Punisher won't have much trouble hitting Batman either way. Especially since the Punisher is probably going to be using lethally accurate automatic weapons fire.

Guest thanosisawesome

But he doesn't have super strength, yet leg presses 2500 pounds. Comics are fundamentally illogical. In the DC universe, it isn't much of a stretch that Batman could dodge bullets, honestly.

First of all, there are humans out there who can leg press 2500 pounds. Second of all, I don't know if you can read, but even if he could dodge bullets, how would he dodge a bullet when he wasn't even facing the right way? There are two possible explanations: that he has Spider-Sense, and that the cops missed.

There aren't humans out there who can rip out prison bars, or smash through brick walls, or kick through a concrete column after being shot. And again, comics are fundamentally illogical. If I show in a comic Batman dodging bullets, he can dodge bullets.

That scan stands as good evidence to me. If Superman was looking at Batman, then states he can't see him, it is reasonable to believe that Batman is shielded against said x-rays.

Nope. You can't prove that he's using unblocked X-Ray vision. Besides, concrete proof has been shown that Superman could see Batman through X-Ray vision, both Pre-Flashpoint and New 52. So yeah, still lose.

Yeah, I'll concede that point. But it still doesn't discount the possibility for flash bangs.

You mean like this one? Bullets fired, Batman ducks under said shot in next panel.

How do you know that Batman didn't start ducking while the dude was firing bullets, or, considering that that guy was scared as sh*t, missed? Besides, like Dinsdale pointed out, Punisher has nailed confirmed bullet dodgers before who are simply leagues faster than Batman (Spider-Man being one example), and Batman has been shot before (on numerous ocassions), so The Punisher won't have much trouble hitting Batman either way. Especially since the Punisher is probably going to be using lethally accurate automatic weapons fire.

How do I know that in the scan you posted to prove bullet dodging the man with the knife didn't move before the guy shot? I know he didn't miss because if you follow the path of the bullets, if Batman hadn't have ducked they would have hit him. And Spider-Man was hit because he was cocky and underestimated Punisher.

Guest force_echo

But when there's another, more reasonable explanation that actually makes sense, then he didn't dodge them in that scan.

Except that the Punisher has easily dealt with flashbangs before, and he has them too.

Because there's a motion blur from where his hand was before to blocking the bullet, indicating that he actually moved in that panel, and that he wasn't already in that position.

Lol, first of all, Punisher has tagged Spider-Man with mercy bullets after the incident with the web shooters, the most recent time, Spider-Man considered the Punisher a big enough threat to call the Avengers on his ass, he definitely wasn't underestimating him. Besides that, he's also tagged speedsters far faster than Batman, such as the scan posted earlier in the thread.

Batman didn't beat Darkseid in a fight. He simply outsmarted him by rigging his planet to blow up if he didn't release Supergirl. Batman has beaten the JLA once though I can't remember how it played out at the moment. However Punisher has fought heavy hitters like Spiderman, Hulk, he took on the Avengers himself recently, and more. Both characters feats are very close to each other.

Not that fight it was another one in the comics. Where like he outsmarted Darkseid and hit him with this laser thingy and Darkseid was all like "you defeated me and whatnot." (Not his actual words). Batman beat JLA with Superman in it right? While Punisher couldn't do anything to Thor.

Batman wouldn't do anything to Thor either.

But he did defeat Superman while fighting thre JLA right? Superman is equivilant to Thor? What I'm saying is. If Batman beat the entire JLA and also Superman that is better than Punisher beating The Avengers excluding Thor. Since sometimes Thor and Superman are considered equals I think Batman pulled a slightly better feat than Punisher.

Guest bigballerju

LOL Batman beat the JLA and entire DC in die hard fanboy's dreams.

Edit: Not referring to Dark Spiderman in particular on that one.

Guest Hayesmeister5651

LOL Batman beat the JLA and entire DC in die hard fanboy's dreams.

Edit: Not referring to Dark Spiderman in particular on that one.

Grant Morrison must be a fanboy, because he believes Batman would be able to do it. 

There has been a lot of new info in this thread since page 10 [/sarcasm]

At the end of the day, the distance isn't sufficient enough to keep Bats from getting to castle with the provided cover and alleys. Punisher is not as efficient when it comes to someone equal to or greater at planning like bats. ( since they both have the same amount of prep time ).

While castle has the more lethal weapons, bats faces that every time. He can avoid detection long enough to gain the upper hand. He has disappeared from flash and supes, he can disappear from castle.

In the end of the day it's really tough but bats wins

Guest sirmethos

Grant Morrison must be a fanboy, because he believes Batman would be able to do it. 

There has been a lot of new info in this thread since page 10 [/sarcasm]

I posted scans of Batman fighting the JLA on another thread...

And yet no one seems to have answered my question, of when, exactly, Batman has defeated the JLA.

Guest Hayesmeister5651

And yet no one seems to have answered my question, of when, exactly, Batman has defeated the JLA.

I didn't make the claim, but I will address it.

As treach said, Tower of Babel is the closest thing to it.  He has gotten the better of them several times.

Again, I'd trust Morrison's word over anyone on this site.  If he thinks Batman can take down the JLA, I believe it.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

But he did defeat Superman while fighting thre JLA right? Superman is equivilant to Thor? What I'm saying is. If Batman beat the entire JLA and also Superman that is better than Punisher beating The Avengers excluding Thor. Since sometimes Thor and Superman are considered equals I think Batman pulled a slightly better feat than Punisher.

Superman has a built in weakness that Thor doesn't have.

Batman took Superman out with kryptonite, Punisher couldn't take Thor out therefore Batman > Punisher.

Jimmy Olsen has taken Superman out with Kryptonite. Punisher couldn't take out Thor therefore Jimmy Olsen > Punisher.

It doesn't really work.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

Was this in an interview? Can you link it?

Guest Hayesmeister5651

Was this in an interview? Can you link it?

Wizard Magazine JLA special.  I don't have a scanner, but in it, Morrison wrote up a free for all between the leaguers, and he had Batman win. 

Guest sirmethos

Ok, so we're back to the fact that Batman has never actually defeated the JLA.

And even the Tower of Babel, wouldn't actually work, without several of the JLA members, conveniently forgetting about several of their powers.

Guest force_echo

Punisher is not as efficient when it comes to someone equal to or greater at planning like bats. ( since they both have the same amount of prep time ).

What the hell does this even mean? And I would like to see Batman go in close to someone who sets himself up in an open area with X-ray and thermal vision.