Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

Rumble 20548 Maui (Moana) vs. Skar King
MATCH SCORE
Maui (Moana): 4
Skar King: 1

One-shot RP: Zombie Apocalypse

kainboa

As they appeared in what looked like a run down meeting room, every member of the group could hear a voice in their head.

"Your mission here has 2 different objectives, failing one of them will still allow you to achieve an overall mission success, however failing to complete both will leave you stranded here.

Also, if you do not attempt to complete both objectives, you will be stranded as well.

The first objective is to make your way to the nearby hospital, and retrieve a folder from the Directors office, marked "Top Secret".

Second objective is to make your way to a Laboratory, and destroy the machines creating the mutagen.

There are underground tunnels leading directly from the hospital to the laboratory, though whether you decide to use those are up to you.

Once you have gone through both objectives, you need to make your way to roof of the largest skyscraper, it has a large "U" on the front making it easy to identify, where the mission success will be judged.

Good luck, and let the games begin."

Jason looked around the room at the other team members. Speaking to everyone in the room, "What's the catch? There's a catch right?"

Guest KevinDWolf93

Snake grumbles to himself, he really needs to get better locks to his cabin if he survives this. A glance around at the rest of the group is...telling. These guys wouldn't look out of place in FOXHOUND and nothing could put Snake anymore of an on edge. He takes out a cig andputs it in his mouth, but before he could light the thing one of the guys speaks up....Snake figured he might've been in his 20's if that.

“Everything was explained to me pretty well, Rookie. If there is one they're probably keeping it close to the chest...best to not let it bother you.†Snake replies in a low growl, speaking from experience.

Jason pulled out a small chair and kicked his feet up on a table. Leaning back he pulled out a knife and began polishing it. He continued to watch all the others around the room.

Looking over towards Snake, "you seem awfully comfortable here. Me personally I like knowing exactly what's going on but I guess if I get to bust some heads it's all ok."

Standing up and walking over by a window Jason asked,

"Seeing as this is a team mission, what do you guys think of all this? I mean our surroundings don't seem all that threatening."

"Not everything is what it looks like. I'm sure there will be trouble." Mutters the young Dick Grayson. He proceeds to look around for the hospital, or the sky scraper, preferrably both. After doing so he looked around at the rest of the team and figured they wouldn't be much fun.

Guest KevinDWolf93

"Mmm...." Snake growls, though he doesn't give Red Hood the satisfaction of a proper response, not that it was necessary. Of course he didn't like being kept in the dark, but that was practically the MO of any superior he's ever had....he's not dead yet. Though if these guys knew who Snake was and they figured he needed this much backup, there was something terribly wrong outside that door. He finally gets to lighting the cig before the red guy finished talking. As the younger costumed kid spoke aloud rather intelligently. Snake shrugs;

"Urban environment, quiet outside, the objectives search and destroy with a little bit of snatch. Don't like it much myself..." he says cooly before methodically unholstering his SOCOM. "...too simple sounding."

"Urban environment, quiet outside, the objectives search and destroy with a little bit of snatch. Don't like it much myself..." he says cooly before methodically unholstering his SOCOM. "...too simple sounding."

"I agree. Judging by my own degree of skill, I would imagine you all are all similar to it. If they need this many of us, something is off. Should we take inventory?"

Guest sirmethos

Methos dropped down on a chair, in a lazy sprawl, idly watching the others.

He looked around with a bored expression, before looking back at the others "Has someone seen a refrigerator in here? I do my best thinking with a beer in my hand."

Methos dropped down on a chair, in a lazy sprawl, idly watching the others.

He looked around with a bored expression, before looking back at the others "Has someone seen a refrigerator in here? I do my best thinking with a beer in my hand."

Jason stepping away from the window. Motioning with his hand he said, "Look around. Does this place scream bachelor pad exactly? This place is run down and seems like no one has been here for years."

He begins to wipe some smudge and dust off one of the windows. Then pears out into the surronding area.

ooc gm note: My regular character posts will just be posted without any particular formatting, Gm 'posts' will be in cursive, with the text i'm replying to underlined just before it, while special ooc gm notes will be bolded, like this one.

Staying quiet and observing his forced team members, Slade went through the parameters of the mission again.

"Since we apparently need to work together as a team, I suggest we give a brief resume, in order to have a general outline of the capabilities of each other.

I'll start, Several tours in Vietnam, several years as a safari big game hunter, and finally several years as a freelance mercenary."

He took a single step forward, grabbed the large meeting table and lifted it into the air without any apparent effort.

"In addition to my experience, I'm also physically superior to any normal human."

Putting the table down, he glanced around the room, meeting the eyes of the others.

"Who want to go next?"

Out of the window, they could see a large abandoned city, somewhat reminiscent of New York city, but devoid of any of the usual landmarks one would expect to see there.

Cars abandoned in the streets, windows barred, and doors broken in, showing that there had been both advanced warning and rioting during which ever calamity had befallen the city.

At the edge of the block, just barely within the field of vision from the window, a sign proclaiming "Mercy Hospital, 2 miles distant" could be seen.

"Names Jason Todd. Trained by one of the best in all sorts of martial arts. Died at the hands of a lunatic. Brought back by a self made immortal. His daughter helped me with more lethal training in firearms and explosives. Recently had a change of heart about killing my mentor and joined a team.

I enjoy hurting bad guys!"

Guest KevinDWolf93

Snake takes a puff of his cig as the blue and orange fellow speaks up. Only now did he really pay attention to the guy's face....the resemblance to a certain fellowhe knew was uncanny.

That's just plain wrong... Snake thinks to himself, only a slight chomping on his smoke being an indicator he had a reaction to Slade. Whoever snatched em all must be laughing his ass off about now, the merc thought. He hears the man rattle off some credentials, Snake was rather impressed, this guy definitely had formal training, he'd probably hold up fine. Another reason to try and ignore his emotions.

"A veteran, huh?" he mutters as the table comes up.....yeah, this was looking like FOXHOUND all over again. He gives a light frown as Slade shows off before noticing a mask in his other hand. Snake was in the middle of trying to figure out the best way to ask him to put it on when the red helmeted /kid/ starts up again. He was definitely cocky, but he probably had some skill. If he wasn't talking out his ass, some experience was mixed in there as well. "Immortal huh? Hmm...." he says in a tone that was curious rather than disbelieving making it clear he's seen weird before. After Hood finished, Snake motioned that he'd be speaking next, though obviously he'd be a little vague ont he details given the situation...

"I'll be going by Snake." he says calmly, "I've had my fair share of training growing up, was placed in the Green Berets. Took part in the Gulf war, did some infiltration missions starting around 91'. I was also a member of the US. Army's High-Tech Special Forces Unit FOXHOUND..." he adds quickly. A glance around the room made him think though and he gives a stare at the group, making it clear he had no idea who any of them were. "Something tells me the name might elude you guys...I specialized in one-man infiltration missions, focusing on stealth work and OSP(on-site procedure) usually, so bringing in weapons is a nice change of pace. I don't have super strength but I think I can hold my own just fine...oh and I was a fan favorite at last year's Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race." he finishes, putting up the slightest of smirks after the last sentence.

Dick Grayson got the feeling he didn't really fit in. "Umm, I'm a good martial artist, I've been doing the whole superhero thing since I was 9..." He mutters. He then waits for whoever is next to go.

Guest sirmethos

Methos slowly turned his head, observing the others, bored expression firmly in place, before shrugging lightly.

"Call me Adam. I'm passingly familiar with just about any weapon, though I favor blades and handguns. Aside from weaponry, I've done a little bit of everything. Additionally, I heal from injuries, faster than normal. Though I prefer to avoid violence if at all possible."

He smirked at them, as he continued, "I'm also a strategist of some talent."

"Well, now that we've all been introduced, how about we figure out a general game plan here."

Slade unslung his carbine and placed it on the table.

"I figure a one, three, one, setup here, considering our general capabilities."

He gave a nod towards Snake before continuing.

"Since you're Spec ops trained, and used to infiltration missions, you're pretty much perfect as a scout, you have the training to make on the spot decisions concerning whether we should engage any enemy we might encounter, or if we should take a detour to avoid combat."

A general wave towards Dick and Todd, followed his continued monologue, along with a nod towards Methos.

"The boy wonder and his alternative reality successor there are perfect for middle team, capable of taking care of themselves, while being able to provide backup anywhere it's necessary. Adding our mystery man here to that team, since he's apparently a dap hand at strategy, which needs some overview to work."

Slade paused for a moment, reaching up and putting on his mask, then crossing his arms across his chest before continuing.

deathstroke-fold.JPG

"As for myself, I'm the hindmost man, with my equipment and training, I'm capable of providing support for anybody within sight, even if I'm placed at the end of the group."

Ending his speech, he looked around at the others, capturing their eyes for a moment before moving on to the next, ending up looking at Methos.

"Since you're somewhat of a strategist, do you have any other ideas for a team structure, or does my humble attempt at it meet your standards."

His tone of voice was completely neutral, and his body language completely relaxed, though ready for action at a moments notice, for those able to read it.

The last rays of the setting sun, could be seen through the window, as the team made it's introductions, and initial plans.

Darkness fell quickly, and once the sun was gone, a low moaning began, just barely audible, but very distinct, and slowly coming closer.

Jason continued to check over his weapons as Slade made his speech. When Slade mentioned him he gave a small chuckle. He continued to count his ammo as Slade continued on with his plan.

"So what is the plan?" Jason asked as he looked back and forth from Slade to Methos.

Pulling out his knife, he held it up to the light. After examining it, he began sharpening it. While sharpening he began hearing the moans coming from outside. He stopped and looked up.

"Ok strategy men. What the *vulgarity* is that?"

Guest KevinDWolf93

"Hmm, can't complain..." Snake says as Slade takes the initiative with forming a plan. He definitely showed his experience and he was thankful for the mask, the less he saw the less he could think about it. After all, he hadn't been a[part of a team in a long time.

"I got no problem scouting out ahead, urban environments are something of a specialty and I think best on my feet anyways. I'm also a bit better dressed for the occasion as well, no offense." he adds humorously, noting that he wasn't in civvies or dressed in a bright color. Before he agrees to head out, he remembers something "...oh by the way, and if any of you have a radio or transcriever headset that can take burst transmissions, my frequency is 141.80." he says before tapping his ear. "On the off chance we get seprated or I wander too far ahead. Ya never know." he finishes speaking as the sun is finished going down. He frowns slightly before looking outside to see if any ambient lighting or at least a street lamp or two would be there for them. He was about to comment on it before the low moan echoes through the city. Jason speaks up and despite the way he worded it, he could agree.

"Definitely doesn't sound human...I suppose it's the reason that whoever set this up brought five of us huh?" he says, gripping the SOCOM pistol even tighter. "Make sure nothing gets close to the windows, I'm gonna barricade the door till we're ready to leave." he grumbles warily, not wanting any more surprises as he moves to lock/place something heavy in front of the door out of the room.

Placing his knife back in its sheath, Jason secured his weapon. Looking out the window into the distance, he activated his night time lenses. He could hear the noise outside the building. Jason pressed a couple of hidden buttons on his gauntlet and tuned his helmet's transceiver to 141.80.

"That makes since for the numbers. Snake, help me with this cabinet and we can place it in front of the door."

Guest sirmethos
Ending his speech, he looked around at the others, capturing their eyes for a moment before moving on to the next, ending up looking at Methos.

"Since you're somewhat of a strategist, do you have any other ideas for a team structure, or does my humble attempt at it meet your standards."

His tone of voice was completely neutral, and his body language completely relaxed, though ready for action at a moments notice, for those able to read it.

Methos stood up, stretching his back, then nodded at Slade.

"It's rather basic, crude, but given our complete lack of team cohesion, as well as the limited amount of trust among us, the formation you are suggesting is currently the best option we have."

He frowned lightly, as he continued "I would prefer to have some kind of high-ground scout support. Someone who could warn us of danger, before we, as a group, would notice it. But then again, it would be foolish to send anyone out alone, given the lack of information about what kind of threats we might encounter, which would mean that any high-ground support, would have to be at least two people, leaving only three of us on the ground, to handle any actual combat."

Pulling out his knife, he held it up to the light. After examining it, he began sharpening it. While sharpening he began hearing the moans coming from outside. He stopped and looked up.

"Ok strategy men. What the *vulgarity* is that?"

Methos grimaced at hearing the moans, and muttered a colorful Sumerian curse under his breath, before answering.

"Most likely, the reason that we, a group of rather talented individuals, were chosen and brought here for the mission we have been given, rather than simply a group of random people."

He turned to Slade and the others. "If at all possible, we should try to find a route to the hospital, that keeps us away from ground level. I would suggest making our way to the roof of this building, to see if we can get an idea about the lay of the land, and plot out a possible route."

Guest KevinDWolf93

"Hmm, I thought I was the one who repeated people..." Snake snarks at the immortal as he helps the Hood move the furniture. Though he had to admit, as much as roof-hopping sounded like a bad idea, ground level with all these tall buildings was a bit lower on the scale of preferences. After helping Jason, he'd go back over to the window to see if he could make out the building's skyline adjacent to theirs. He wanted to see if this apartment area was even close enough to allow for such escapades. "Not the worst idea, if we do it let's just hope those things don't have wings."

Guest sirmethos

Methos looked thoughtfully at the barrier, that had been put in front of the door.

"As much as I hate to suggest anything that increases the risk of injury... Perhaps it would be beneficial to lure one of those things, into this apartment, before setting up heavy barricades. It would allow us the chance to see what we are dealing with, and make it far easier to formulate an effective strategy, should we encounter more of them during our... mission."

"Well if we need someone for bait... I nominate Nightwing."

Jason leaned up against a wall. He crossed his arms and put one foot against it.

Guest KevinDWolf93

"Nightwing?" Snake asks curiously. He takes a glance around the room, and realizes the brightly dressed kid was the only one who didn't introduce himself by name. the way Slade instructed the team layout, he figured the two knew each other then. Mmm." he grunts loudly as he chomps down on the cig, ruining it. He knew his fair share of child soldiers in the past, it was clear he didn't approve of the boy hostage route. "Let's not get ahead of ourselves...."