Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Rumble 20566 Hippo vs. Rocksteady
MATCH SCORE
Hippo: 3
Rocksteady: 2

Bioshock RP

Guest force_echo

Guest force_echo

It is 1958. The Fall of Rapture. Andrew Ryan is increasing his grip on Rapture, but the tighter he grasps it, the more sand falls through into Atlas' bucket. To this end, he employs a black ops- secret squad of soldiers infamously called Ryan's 10,000. Enhanced by the best plasmids and weapons/technology Ryan Industries have to offer, these units are made of a select few, fervently loyal operatives who are given an astonishing amount of freedom to bring down Atlas and his allies.

In the city of Rapture, there is a new movement growing as a result of a Buddhist philosopher, named Sidharth after the originator of the philosophy himself (Ryan cracked down less on Buddhism as opposed to the other religions due to it being more of a philosophy/lifestyle choice). Believing the only cure to the disease inflicting Rapture is to give up all material wants and desires, Sidharth has created an isolated community in Arcadia Gardens, where a select few of the community have achieved true Nirvana, requiring nothing but spiritual energy. Originally, Ryan left the community alone, since they were doing nothing (just sitting around and being enlightened). However, the community has drawn followers at a drastic rate. While the followers are achieving true happiness, Ryan believes that the movement will be the death of Rapture. No wants and desires = no progress. No working for the sweat of your own brow. No desire to lift yourself up by the bootstraps. As a result, Ryan decides the community must go.

The implementers of his will have been called on to destroy the cancerous affect of the society on Rapture as their first task. Will they be up to the task?

(Note- this part will only be if I have enough people and another GM): Atlas too, has set his eyes on the colony. His scientists are telling him something is going on under the surface, that the colony isn't what it seems... A source for profit perhaps? He sends his own team to investigate....

Name:

Bio/Background: Make it good. Should explain how the character got into Rapture. Remember that these people were picked for their loyalty to Ryan, but you still have a considerable amount of flexibility in your character's personality.

Pic:

Plasmid of Choice: you are allowed to choose one Plasmid to begin, this will be your "specialty" plasmid throughout the game. This plasmid is automatically fully upgraded. Throughout the game, you will get others, but this will remain your main/most powerful one. Let it be indicative of your character's personality. No one can have the same one.

Gene Tonic/Passive Plasmid: Choose two. You will get others as the game progresses.

Guest deojusto

I'll give it a shot.

Name: Henry Flynn

Bio/Background:

As a Scotch-Irish-English mutt who grew up as the son of a Hong Kong nightclub owner, young Henry learned the value of multiculturalism; that value being nada, zilch, nothing. England owned Hong Kong because they could make the best use of its resources and kept the city alive. So a few throats got slit and a few necks stretched, but Hong Kong was the biggest city in Asia, and that was the price you pay for progress. So you might as well say God save the King, because if throats were going to be slit, then why not be sure its someone elses?

Then Japan invaded, and the good times ended. Knowing he had to get out before his past affiliation caught up to him, Henry looked for a way out. He came upon some luck after finding a wealthy trader backstage who had had a 'conversation' with the Japanese Military police. On his person, the dead man had information about a city far away, based entirely on individualism, enterprise, and progress. To Henry it sounded like a new Hong Kong.

It took a few years to get there, but eventually Henry Flynn arrived in Rapture, despite never being invited. Somehow avoiding deportation or execution, Henry ended up in Fort Frolic and lived in about the same way he had in his previous life, selling entertainment to the rich, peddling information to the powerful, and doing dirty deeds that needed doing. The only thing that changed was that the King was Ryan, and he didn't need God to save him...

Pic: it_started_with_spats_by_lenalis-d4t09b5

Plasmid/Tonics of Choice: (Going for a more stealthy style here)

-(Plasmid) Electro-Bolt

-(Tonic) Wrench lurker/Drill lurker (lurking of some sort/ Upgraded if possible)

-(Tonic) Active Camouflage

Guest force_echo

I'm debating whether I should let you choose weapons or give them to you.

Here's a compromise. Starting off, you can either have a pistol or a wrench. Remember that your pistol will certainly run out of ammunition if you choose it.

Guest deojusto

I'll be wrenching it up. Ps, minor nitpicky stuff; the team name, Lazarus Squad, sounds cool but is a bit hyper-christian for a guy like Andrew Ryan. Just throwing that out there ^_^

Guest force_echo

Yeah, she could, so could the Big Sisters. Hmm. Only one object at a time, but you don't have to pull the object towards you to throw it (that's a game mechanic so players can get out of reach items and as such wouldn't apply).

By the way, I didn't mean it so that all you'll have throughout the RP are wrenches and pistols. You'll get bigger, better guns.

Guest force_echo

I changed it to Ryan's 10,000 in a reference to famous ancient freedom fighters called Xenophon's 10,000 (well, they weren't exactly freedom fighters, but close enough).

Yeah, was wondering. I can see how it'd be easily abused but Telekinesis III is pretty versatile as is, especially so with the limitation of having to yank it toward yourself removed. Let's go use Splicers as meatshields. :) I'm currently looking through tonics, I'm positively set on Telekinesis but might also take Incinerate instead. I loves me some fire.

Guest force_echo

Anyone going to put up a sheet? We don't really need that many people, all I'm asking for is like four or something. G4? Where did you go?

Guest KevinDWolf93

Ya never know with him(G4).....Ill see what I can cook......ish. EDIT: here's something

Name: Russell Fox

Bio/Background: Russell Fox was born in 1921, having missed the first world war by a fair margin his life was a fair one for a time. Russell was born to an upper class family, taught well and he had aspirations to be a musician. He was quite good too. Of course life wasn't perfect but when is it ever? He ignored little things like political intrigue and communist parties, it was little to him more than needless gossip. His skill with a violin grew, he was fairly well known and popular, his teachers felt he might one of the best given time but he was simply not born in the time or the place for that to occur.

Russell was a French native and he was hardly out of his 20's when the fall of France began on May 10th. Hardly a month later the bombings on Paris started and it was a matter of time before France signed a treaty of surrender. The young violinist was horrified at how quickly things changed, neither the SS nor the Gestapo occupying his beautiful country were appealing thoughts and the speed at which some of his own acquaintances tucked their tail between his legs was just as horrendous a sight. Though a simple man(if that) at the time, he knew what he wanted out of life: freedom. Not long into Occupation, Russell caught whiff of that opportunity; countless French Resistance movements, the Americans entering the war, even close to home the British had a little group named the SOE that was trying to make a some leeway for an impending attack. It was a natural thought to him to replace a violin and musical bow for explosives and a garrote wire despite his inexperience.

Russell fought hard for liberation of his home, he killed, he was wounded, he saw friends die. He wanted the Germans out, on Normandy he did his duty, facilitating the invading allies. It was mostly bloodshed, but he wanted his old life back and by VE day it seems he got it. The bad guys lost and he could return to his goals...expect he couldn't, not mentally. His home was destroyed, in certain places he could hardly recognize it, but that was far from the worst of it. In the 3 or so years he had been playing saboteur, he had lost his ability to play music. Every time he sat down to try and re-learn his craft he'd find his fingers unable to move correctly, or he could simply not focus on the notes. He lost his muse and he despaired for what felt like weeks until he made his realization: now for him it was easier to take a life than play a tune. His family still had fair wealth but France was nothing to him now either, not when this could happen again and take what very little he still cared about. After hearing of Rapture, a place made to escape something like a world war, he snuck off to try and get a place in the undersea utopia figuring it couldn't be much worse above the sea...it wasn't the most difficult thing in the world given his previous experience.

Pic: Luc_Gardin.jpg

Plasmid of Choice: Decoy

Gene Tonic(s):

*Headhunter

*backstabber (unless multiplayer tonics are out of bounds)

Edited by KevinDWolf93

Name: Alto Dijooran

Bio/Background:

Alto was born in Amsterdam, and as such he grew up learning and always being curious with the dikes that the Netherlands had all over the country. His father was a commanding officer of the KNIL or the Dutch Indonesian Army in the Dutch East Indies. Alto, always looked up to his father and was lead to believe that the dirty natives exisisted only to serve the Dutch. . But, then the Pacific War started and Alto's father was killed when the Japanese invaded and eventually occupied the Dutch East Indies. Once they had been beaten though, the writing was on the wall for the Dutch Colonial Rule in Indonesia. He read the stories and heard about the atrocities that both sides committed. His whole view on life had been shattered. The dirty primitive Indonesians had driven out the stronger, smarter Dutch?

Eventually, due to pressure from the United States who was funding the Marshall Plan to fix the motherland after WW2, The Netherlands granted Indonesia their independence and recognized them as their own sovereign state. Alto couldn't take it and as soon as he heard of some new underwater city, the Dutchman was taken hook line and sinker.

It took some time and a lot of money that Alto had to save up, but Alto made it to Rapture. Doing his absolute best, he avoided the fate some others met which included: deportation or execution. He was here now and no more would he have to be lied to. The only thing he had to remember was that Ryan was the one in charge and not him.

steampunk_large.jpg

Plasmid/Tonics of Choice: Agressive style.

-(Plasmid) Incinerate

-(Tonic) Human Inferno

-(Tonic) Natural Camouflage.

Name: Aleks Landor

Bio/Background: -WIP- (Involves being being a worker in Hephaestus with no qualms for doing what he needs in order to survive - a bruiser in the sense of being a boxer and the aforementioned occupation in Hephaestus)

Pic:

7919cd87-7267-45c4-92da-cb51f860545f_zps241ce901.jpg

Plasmid/Tonics of Choice:

Plasmid - Telekinesis

Tonics: Armored Shell and Bloodlust

Weapon: Wrench

Edit: should be satisfactory for the time being.

Guest force_echo

Name: Spaceman

Bio/Background: His name long lost to the sands of time, Spaceman was one of the first billionares, following right on John D. Rockefeller's trails into the late 30s and 40s. An american industrialist nonwithstanding, he wanted to join the war effort. When the US Army wouldn't let him, saying he was too high-priority, he took things into his own hands, fashioning a superhero persona by the name of Spaceman and using it to punch Nazis and Japs. Realizing that this was probably not a good use of his resources, he began to fall back, using his wealth to spur on the Allied effort in various ways. By the end of the war, he was broke. He had made his wealth during the Great Depression, but he even he wasn't invincible to the cost of war. Diagnosed with cancer, he began to lose hope. Unknowingly, he slipped back into his Spaceman persona, shooting gangsters during the night. Ryan, unknowing of Spaceman's... problem, saw a genius businessman destroyed by his "duty" to the state. A man who without any obligations to charity, to his state, may thrive. And so, Spaceman, with no other alternatives, went to Rapture.

During his stay down under, he eventually became trusted by Ryan. However, his heroing persona was becoming a problem. A man taking the law into his own hands, it was an intriguing problem to Ryan, but since he was sticking to murder and the like, Ryan let it continue. Until the Spaceman persona began consolidating power, going farther and farther. Spaceman was eventually apprehended and unmasked. Spaceman was prescribed to see Dr. Sofia Lamb, who took the two divergent personas, and... melded them. Or did she? In any case, he seemed not-crazy enough, and Ryan decided to give him another chance as the leader of a new group...

Pic:

The+Rocketeer.jpg

Plasmid of Choice: Winter Blast

Gene Tonic/Passive Plasmid: Eve Saver, SportBoost

Name: Magnus Green

Bio: Heh... heheh... have you ever seen ants war with each other?

This is what it was like after getting this plasmid... I forced people to battle in a secret underground ring... It was glorious, every drop of sweat, blood, every tear was precious. I found it so... immensely interesting to watch. I had gained absolute power over many of Rapture's... lower inhabitants. They were boxers, muggers, men and women who had lost their way in the glory of Rapture and paid the price.

By day, I was a completely legitimate psychologist, making a very good paycheck every two weeks and a fantastic salary-- but with the offer of rapture... I craved more. I craved battle, I needed it desperately. In the span of two days I'd become an addict to not only ADAM and EVE, but cagefighting, group fighting, single combat... it fascinated me as I learned ever more about this new subject.

While no, I was no geneticist, nor a neuroscientist, I was knowledgeable in the field of the mind's workings. This is what allowed me to convince people even without the plasmid to come to my ring-- perhaps I'd offer free tickets to a show, or free snacks, they'd fall for anything. All I had to do was get them in my glass prison and I'd be in control of them all... I've been addicted to this stuff ever since.

It's not as if I've gone unnoticed... no. Ryan had had his eye on my little debacle for a while, and one day he sends me a sign-- a note that read along the lines of to meet him in his office to discuss his uses of me.

I can't say I've ever been more shaken by anyone in my life.

Nor have I ever been more astounded by the power I'd been given-- not even when I'd acquired the plasmid. I was told I was allowed to take anyone I could, any straggler, and submit them to a few tests. I'd be allowed free reign of their fate, and all I had to do was learn all I could about the addiction to ADAM and EVE.

That was six years ago. Now, I've been invited to Ryan's 10,000. I find it strange, but given my own prowess mentally and physically, not the most surprising of things... and just as well, one of the men I'd taken from Rapture to experiment with and test on.

Fascinating.

OOC NOTE: The last part is referencing Ethan's character-- we were thinking about meshing bios a bit.

Pic: alan_rickman_by_tanjadrawing-d2jb11p.jpg

Plasmid of Choice: Hypnotize

Passive Plasmids/Tonics: Handyman Tonic/Fountain of Youth Tonic

Weapon: Wrench

Hopefully I'm not too late and this will do for a character sheet.

EDIT: My god that pic is huge. -.- Sorry.