Kylo Ren vs. Jacen Solo
MATCH SCORE
Kylo Ren: 2
Jacen Solo: 9

Zurg (Lightyear 2022 movie) vs. The Rancor
MATCH SCORE
Emperor Zurg: 2
The Rancor: 1

Rumble 20574 Vindicator vs. Amelia Voght vs. Bug Pit (King Kong 2005)
MATCH SCORE
Vindicator: 2
Amelia Voght: 1
Bug Pit (King Kong 2005): 1

Tournament - Judge Doom vs. Carnage
MATCH SCORE
Judge Doom: 2
Carnage: 7

VS #1: Lightsaber vs. Adamantium

treacherous

Lightsaber vs. Adamantium  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Can a Lightsaber cut through adamantium?

• Standard Lightsaber
    • Secondary Adamantium

I'm of the opinion that a Lightsaber wouldn't be able to cut through Primary Adamantium.

Secondary, I'm very unsure but I'm not going to deny the possibility.

I agree. With the marvel u science. Its supposedly impossible (although it has no properties to keep it from melting like vibranium does) to melt. Just Secondary isnt pure adamantium and has other metals mixed in. This gives it weak point that can melt and allow the blade to move through the object, even if the adamantium metals in it dont break apart. The object itself would be cut due to the inconsistency in the ores.

Guest sirmethos

"The only problem with that is that everything has a melting/evaporating point."

Not true. As consistently shown in Marvel, Adamantium(primary at least) doesn't.

"With the marvel u science. Its supposedly impossible (although it has no properties to keep it from melting like vibranium does) to melt."

Adamantium is created by mixing chemical resins(the composition is a government secret), and once the resins have been mixed, Adamantium can be molded for 8 minutes.

After 8 minutes, even if the temperature stays the same, Adamantium can no longer be molded due to the extremely stable molecular structure of Adamantium.

Bottom line: it doesn't melt, it just get hotter and hotter(yes, i know, that's physically impossible, but Marvel has never heard of Math, Chemistry or Physics). Adamantium's own properties(the "extremely stable molecular structure") keeps it from melting.

"Just Secondary isnt pure adamantium and has other metals mixed in."

I assume you have proof of this?

All we know about Secondary Adamantium, is that it is less durable than Primary Adamantium, and that it is more cost effective to create and work with.

Note how there is nothing, in the known information about it, that mentions other metals being mixed into it.

"The only problem with that is that everything has a melting/evaporating point."

Not true. As consistently shown in Marvel, Adamantium(primary at least) doesn't.

"With the marvel u science. Its supposedly impossible (although it has no properties to keep it from melting like vibranium does) to melt."

Adamantium is created by mixing chemical resins(the composition is a government secret), and once the resins have been mixed, Adamantium can be molded for 8 minutes.

After 8 minutes, even if the temperature stays the same, Adamantium can no longer be molded due to the extremely stable molecular structure of Adamantium.

Bottom line: it doesn't melt, it just get hotter and hotter(yes, i know, that's physically impossible, but Marvel has never heard of Math, Chemistry or Physics). Adamantium's own properties(the "extremely stable molecular structure") keeps it from melting.

"Just Secondary isnt pure adamantium and has other metals mixed in."

I assume you have proof of this?

All we know about Secondary Adamantium, is that it is less durable than Primary Adamantium, and that it is more cost effective to create and work with.

Note how there is nothing, in the known information about it, that mentions other metals being mixed into it.

The fact that makes it secondary is it would be impure. Pure adamantium has a "stable molecular structure". If it is secondary and weaker, that means it would not be pure adamantium. Anything that is not pure, has to be mixed with other materials.

again while it may not be plainly stated, if its not pure adamantium it has to be mixed with some sort of metal or solid material. Whatever the other solid material is, (most likely another strong metal ore) it would still not be as strong as the adamantium. What would allow it to be cut is the other metals in it. The adamantium may stay intact but the other materials would be cut through due to the heat. The adamantium may simply move aside as the other materials melt.

I say may and if because this is all speculation because without proof or more clear answers than "secret gov. composition" there is no definite answer to be had.

Guest force_echo

The other metals are mixed in at an atomic level. A steel atom could be surrounded by adamantium atoms, so how is a lightsaber going to cut through that? Also, all of the instances secondary adamantium has been broken, it's taken a lot more energy than a lightsaber has ever been shown to put out.

The other metals are mixed in at an atomic level. A steel atom could be surrounded by adamantium atoms, so how is a lightsaber going to cut through that? Also, all of the instances secondary adamantium has been broken, it's taken a lot more energy than a lightsaber has ever been shown to put out.

hmm... if so, exactly how much energy does a lightsaber put out? This doesnt have to be one strike with it. This can be a continuous cut.

Also the bold is a clear indication that its a possibility but also possible not to be. Like you say, "If you would learn how to read" I said "I say may and if because this is all speculation because without proof or more clear answers than "secret gov. composition" there is no definite answer to be had."

Guest force_echo

Actually, I have fairly solid proof that it is like that, because if Secondary Adamantium was structured like you said it would be, then it wouldn't be able to take half of the shit it's taken as far as heat resistance and the like.

Actually, I have fairly solid proof that it is like that, because if Secondary Adamantium was structured like you said it would be, then it wouldn't be able to take half of the shit it's taken as far as heat resistance and the like.

thats not proof. Its a theory.

Guest force_echo

thats not proof. Its a theory.

How is that not proof? If secondary adamantium was structured the way you said it would be, it would have broken in instances it did not break it. Since it did not break in those instances, then is MUST not be structured that way. That isn't theory, that's basic logical reasoning.

How is that not proof? If secondary adamantium was structured the way you said it would be, it would have broken in instances it did not break it. Since it did not break in those instances, then is MUST not be structured that way. That isn't theory, that's basic logical reasoning.

again you have no proof. You have a theory. Your proof is as solid as Sentry having the power of a million exploding suns and the Omega Effect not being able to be dodged. It has been broken and therefore has the possibility to be broke by a lightsaber given enough time.

This is sirmethos commenting on primary adamantium. We are talking secondary.

This is a quote from sirmethos in July 2011 LINK AND QUOTE PROVIDED BELOW

http://www.electricf...showtopic=17929

Adamantium would eventually get hot enough and let the Lightsaber pass through, but it wouldn't break.

A quick description of (primary)Adamantium's properties:

"Adamantium is created through the mixing of certain chemical resins whose exact composition is a closely guarded government secret. For eight minutes after the resins are mixed, Adamantium can be molded if kept at a temperature of 1,500 degrees Fahrenheit. Its extremely stable molecular structure prevents it from being molded further, even if the temperature remains high enough to keep it in liquefied form. Hardened Adamantium can only be altered by rearrangement of its cellular structure. Given sufficient mass, Adamantium could survive a direct hit from a nuclear weapon or a blow from the most powerful superhuman. The only known substance able to pierce Adamantium is the compound known as Antarctic Vibranium, also called "anti-metal"." - Marvel.com

"Adamantium is created by mixing certain chemical resins together. The exact composition of these resins is a closely guarded secret of the United States government. When these resins are mixed and kept at a temperature of 1,500 degrees Fahrenheit, the resulting liquid can be cast or worked into a particular shape. After eight minutes, the mixture sets and becomes solid. Its molecular structure is extremely stable, and its shape can only be altered by precise molecular rearrangement. However, due to the sheer density of Adamantium, there are few known forces capable of altering it's molecular structure. " - Marvel.wikia

"Adamantium's extremely stable molecular structure prevents it from being further molded after its eight-minute initial time period, even if the temperature is high enough to keep it in its liquified form." - Wikipedia

Guest force_echo

again you have no proof. You have a theory. Your proof is as solid as Sentry having the power of a million exploding suns and the Omega Effect not being able to be dodged. It has been broken and therefore has the possibility to be broke by a lightsaber given enough time.

My God. It's un-freaking-believable.

What does that prove??

thats kinda the point of the entire thread

Guest sirmethos

Except trying to find logical reasoning in comics is kind of illogical.

And attempting to use basic chemistry, to 'prove' why Secondary Adamantium is weaker, and has a melting point, isn't?

Guest Darxeth

That's also illogical.

I try to refrain from merging comics and science in most instances because most of the writers aren't savvy in the science department.

For the sake of this argument though, if Marvel states that Primary Adamantium cannot be destroyed and has consistently demonstrated so, then it can't be destroyed, regardless of how unrealistic it is.

And it is my personal opinion that secondary adamantium cannot be melted by a lightsaber.

That's also illogical.

I try to refrain from merging comics and science in most instances because most of the writers aren't savvy in the science department.

For the sake of this argument though, if Marvel states that Primary Adamantium cannot be destroyed and has consistently demonstrated so, then it can't be destroyed, regardless of how unrealistic it is.

And it is my personal opinion that secondary adamantium cannot be melted by a lightsaber.

and thats a reasonable conclusion. I was just stating my opinion and the vulnerabilities of secondary adamantium lead me to believe that depending on the thickness of the adamantium and the amount of time to cut it. It could be possible.

but the all knowing Force Echo's opinion is the final word. So why bother right?

I understand.

Its nice to have a conversation without one insulting you with every post

HEy Legacy, you're a *vulgarity*ing moron.

DAMN YOUUUUU!!!!!

Family_Guy_Evil_Monkey.gif