X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Hulk v. Doomsday

Guest MarvelFan15

Guest MarvelFan15

I know this isn't technically gonna be a match anytime soon, but I want everyone to debate on who would win between these two. It'll save me the trouble of writing a set-up. :lol:

Use the classic versions of each.

Begin!

Guest Adam Safran

What Super-speed? He can be hit by normal people with machine guns, and was hurt by a Helfire Missile launched by a Helicopter Gunship.

Guest MarvelFan15
Doomsday due to his super speed.

Scans would also be appreciated. However, link them, as my computer screws up if they're posted on the boards, please.

Continue!

Guest MarvelFan15

Umm...I will say that Hulk wins...Since no one seems to be debating, it doesn't seem worth it to say why I believe that.

When other people start posting however... :lol:

Guest Ghost Tiger

I don't have any scans right now but it's only logical that Doomsday has speed and reflexes to combat and stalemate Superman who is immensely faster than Hulk. Also Hulks base durability and strength are no where in Doomsdays league. Doomsday was strong enough to severely injure superman and his strength was at least equal to Superman's. Doomsday has already died from brute force against Superman so it would at least take an amount of strength significantly mor epowerful than Superman's to kill him again.

Guest Adam Safran
I don't have any scans right now but it's only logical that Doomsday has speed and reflexes to combat and stalemate Superman who is immensely faster than Hulk. Also Hulks base durability and strength are no where in Doomsdays league. Doomsday was strong enough to severely injure superman and his strength was at least equal to Superman's. Doomsday has already died from brute force against Superman so it would at least take an amount of strength significantly mor epowerful than Superman's to kill him again.

In Superman's first appearance with Doomsday, he explicitly fought DD only using brute strength - exchanged blow for blow with him to a stalemate and borth dropped.

In the enxt ones? He used his superspeed, and.. Well, pretty much entirely danced around DD with DD moving in slow motion, hitting him hundreds of times in the same place while DD flailed around wildly and couldn't touch him. If you mean Hunter/Prey DD then arguably.. But that's a hideousyl upgrade Doomsday where the powers are more due to the fusion of Apokoliptan tech, Brainiac's brain..

Guest MarvelFan15

Umm...Hulk has reflexes adequate enough to combat Sentry and Thor, both proven FTLers. Thor has arm wrestling contests that threaten to move planets, and Hulk's strength has been generally shown as superior to Thor's.

Not to mention Hulk's healing factor.

Guest Ghost Tiger

Even toe to to blow for blow he shouldn't be able to tag Supes unless he has greatly enhanced reflexes, Supes can duck at Superspeed, why would he just let Doomsday punch him and not try to dodge?

Guest Adam Safran
Even toe to to blow for blow he shouldn't be able to tag Supes unless he has greatly enhanced reflexes, Supes can duck at Superspeed, why would he just let Doomsday punch him and not try to dodge?

In the second fight he did. They activelys howed him dodging everything DD threw at him in every single fight they've had since aside from Hunter/Prey. the first fight they had made Supes fighta t total PIS, who ONLY used raw strength in his fight. In every fight since, he's been much more versatile. Supes losing to DD the first time and 'dying' was as much editorial mandate as 'Brand New Day' but much better written, but still editorially forced.

Much less in the same fight Doomsday benig hit by people with machine guns, a helicopter gunship with hellfire missiles (Which make him scream in pain - low showing right there).

Guest Ghost Tiger

Hmmm...irregardless I dont see anywhere normal Hulk has an edge on Doomsday. Doomsday's strength, durability, endurance and healing factor are all lower than Doomsdays at his base level. Standing blow for blow no one has ever defeated Doomsday from what I recall. Doomsdays strength was at least equal to Superman's and that should be enough to defeat a base level Hulk. Now if he just lets Hulk get angry after a while he could have a problem.

Guest MarvelFan15
Hmmm...irregardless I dont see anywhere normal Hulk has an edge on Doomsday. Doomsday's strength, durability, endurance and healing factor are all lower than Doomsdays at his base level. Standing blow for blow no one has ever defeated Doomsday from what I recall. Doomsdays strength was at least equal to Superman's and that should be enough to defeat a base level Hulk. Now if he just lets Hulk get angry after a while he could have a problem.

Hulk will have gotten angry from the get-go...

Guest Ghost Tiger

It doesnt say that anywher ein the OP....besides it takes time for Hulk to get angrier and angrier to the point wher ehe is on par with Doomsday.

Guest Adam Safran

Supes is A) Afraid, :lol: Lightning moves nowhere NEAR lightspeed.

And.. As for the bit of Booster Godl? Uhm, since WHEN has Booster been an expert on -anything-? Much less the fact he SURVIVED being hit by Doomsday and wasn't vaporized, given he has nowhere near Superman durability and was suffering major internal injuries and had the time to collapse to the ground moaning and got out his statement.. Gold is a base human with base human reaction speeds who's entire characterization is that he's a buffoon. He has never demonstrated remotely a judge of such things, much less how he can tell someone going at supersonic speed (faster than the human eye can perceive) as versus light, with base human reaction times. Or the fact the dialgoue says Superman is -AFRAID- and not fighting at his utmost.

If you use that as standards of evidence, then I'll throw out Hulk's fight with Sentry where Sentry is going all out and Hulk is keeping up, and the fact teh writer has said Hulk was going at FTL.

Guest Ghost Tiger

Hulk going at FTL seems preposterous....it goes against years of Hulk continuity....and that was WWH correct, not classic Hulk. Superman says not only that he is afraid but that DD is fast, now thta doesn't prove DD is FTL, but it proves he has super speed. Lightning fast is an expression, it doesn't literally mean he is as fast as lightning, which is also very fast. Superman comments on his speed. Superman is FTL so if he comments on a creatures speed it must be impressive.

Guy also mentions how they are moving so fast that he cannot see them and that he can only point blast and hope.

Guest Adam Safran
Hulk going at FTL seems preposterous....it goes against years of Hulk continuity....and that was WWH correct, not classic Hulk. Superman says not only that he is afraid but that DD is fast, now thta doesn't prove DD is FTL, but it proves he has super speed. Lightning fast is an expression, it doesn't literally mean he is as fast as lightning, which is also very fast. Superman comments on his speed. Superman is FTL so if he comments on a creatures speed it must be impressive.

Guy also mentions how they are moving so fast that he cannot see them and that he can only point blast and hope.

And that puts Doomsday's speed at.. Well, supersonic? And Hulk acn hit supersonic targets, he's proven that. If Doomsday was moving a fraction as fast as Supes, NONE o the JLA that weren't speedsters could keep up. The fact that he moves too fast for Booster Gold to hit, but th fact that Booster can target the 'blur' enough to shoot wildly and randomly shows that he's moving at speeds within the supersonic levels, NOT warpedly fast. If he was giong at 40-50,000 mph, he would be gone before Booster could comprehend the ight had started. He's moving fast, but Booster can still react in time to spray fire randomly.. Which means he's going at supersonic. If a normal human can raect - even in the sense that 'they're faster than I can react!!' (ignoring the fact that Booster can verbally SAY that in time), doesn't mean he's WTF Fast.

Hulk has feats of hitting supersonic targets that aren't WTF (like his fight with DD was). The fact that a base human can react to Doomsday in a melee (eevn if it's just 'he's faster than I can hit') is proof that DOomsday is not moving far beyond Quicksilver levels of speed. Hulk can hit Quicksilver.

Hulk.

Always.

Now to debate..... *cracks knuckles*

1. Fighting someone fast does not make you fast. Just cause Doomsday took out Flash (in his first appearance, which was made to make him look bad@$$), it doesn't give him super speed.

Heck, I've seen Batman weave in and out of Doomsday's grasp...

2. Doomsday must die before he gets stronger. Hulk doesn't! Simple logic.

3. Doomsday must die before healing. Hulk has a healing factor! Simple logic.

4. Doomsday is a walking plot device. Hulk is Hulk! Simple logic.

5. Doomsday can't talk, and when he did, he was scared for his life. Hulk could always talk, and was never scared for his life! Simple logic.

6. Doomsday has no movie (real action). Hulk has movie! Simple logic.

Hulk ftw.

Guest boston_celtics

OK, that first scan proves nothing about Doomsday's superior speed. Hulk has repeatedly fought opponents MUCH faster than lightning (Thor comes to mind and Silver Surfer)

That second scan... first off, word of mouth is not applicable, otherwise Hulk has already won, him being stronger than anybody in the Marvel U and all. Secondly, if Doomsday was fast as Flash, that would make him... thousands of times the speed of light? And when you are so slow as that the Justice League can still react to your movement, you are not FTL.

Thus, it is assumed Doomsday is not faster than Hulk.

When it comes down to brute strength, nobody comes close to the Hulk, who can break adamantium, shatter a meteor 3 times the size of Earth in 1 punch, break the crimson bands of Cytorrak, and a host of other feats.

Guest Fenris Wolf

Interesting debate. I have only one contribution at this point, but I may be back later.

Irregardless is not a word.

Interesting debate. I have only one contribution at this point, but I may be back later.

Irregardless is not a word.

Irregardless is considered nonstandard because of the two negative elements ir- and -less. It was probably formed on the analogy of such words as irrespective, irrelevant, and irreparable. Those who use it, including on occasion educated speakers, may do so from a desire to add emphasis. Irregardless first appeared in the early 20th century and was perhaps popularized by its use in a comic radio program of the 1930s.

It is technically a word, just not a very good one.

Guest Ghost Tiger

Haha Marvel Man I will respond to points 1 and 2 since the others mean basically nothing to this battle.

#1. Fighting someone fast doesn't make you fast but logically unless you can move somewher ein the ballpark of the same speed as them you shouldn't be able to consistently get hits on them.

#2. Doomsday may have to die to get stronger but his base strength right now is much higher than Hulks.

#3. Doomsday still has a very impressive healing factor, he doesn't have to die to heal, he has to die to adapt.

Guest Adam Safran

What Doomsday are we using? Last appearance I saw, current Doomsday was a clone who was hideously weakened in terms of capabilities and basically is a coward who runs away when he gets hurt.. And wasn't he pretty much one shotted by the last Supes he fought anyways?

Guest Ghost Tiger

You are correct Adam he has been turned into a jobber basically lately....however OP states that this is classic DD, meaning IMO Death of Superman era.