Lilandra Neramani: 2
Agent L: 4

Rumble 20577 Baraka vs. Kollector
MATCH SCORE
Baraka: 3
Kollector: 2

Match 12249 The Tenth Doctor vs. The Eleventh Doctor

Peypeypeypey

It was a chilly night. The kind of night illuminated by nothing but fireflies, orchestrated by nothing but crickets. The night where you can see your misty breath sprawling through the cool air, but still feel the summer's warmth surrounding you. The problem-free night that you just wish would last forever as a child, but it never does. The sun always rises the next morning. Everything becomes another day older. Another day closer to ultimate demise. Because, some day, every child must let the night end, and face the new morning that growing up brings.

The Eleventh Doctor stepped out of the TARDIS and into the cool air on the outside. His eyes took a moment to adjust to the brilliant darkness that surrounded him, his breaths easily visible in the chilly air. Brushing his hair out of his eyes, he took a good look at his surroundings, not entirely sure where he had wound up. It seemed to be a desolate planet, with nothing around as far as he could see, but he wouldn't let that deter him from exploring.

"Come along, Pond!" The Doctor cracked open the door and called into the time machine. He spun around and looked at the large, empty field in front of him. It was a flat plain that stretched as far as the eye could see, seeming to have no defects or anything out of the ordinary. But the Doctor knew better. The TARDIS sent him here for a reason, and he had to figure that out.

The Doctor took a few steps forward, squinting slightly to focus on the field. There was something about it that looked off, but he could but his finger on it. Without looking away, the Doctor reached into his pocket and pulled out his Sonic Screwdriver, spinning it around in his hand before aiming it at the field, slowly scanning the field with the device. Flicking the screwdriver to his side, he took a look at the readings on the device, smiling at the result.

"Perception filter..." The Doctor commented to himself. He turned to explain it to Amy, but found that she still hadn't left the TARDIS. "What's the point of having you around if you're not here to make me look clever?" He called to her. Sighing, he turned back to the field, staring intently at it again. His attention was broken by the familiar sound of the TARDIS engine.

"What are you doing back there?" He called back, turning to find the TARDIS was much closer that he remembered, and the door was on the wrong side. The Doctor strode to the other side of the time machine and reached for the door handle, but the door suddenly opened, and the Doctor eyes examined the figure that stood in the doorway. He wore a light blue suit with a long, brown coat over it, and sported cream Converse All Stars on his feet. He was a tall, thin man, with medium-length, dark brown hair, and a handsome face that wore a wide smile. The Eleventh Doctor took a half-step back as he realized he was looking at himself.

"Well, hello..." The Tenth Doctor greeted the strange man as he stepped out of his TARDIS. "I'm the Doctor." He stated.

"Oh, I know who you are..." The Eleventh Doctor took another step back, running a hand through his hair. "I don't think I've ever done this before..." He said to himself, confusing the Tenth Doctor. A half smile broke his face as he pondered the meaning of this encounter. The Eleventh Doctor assumed that the Tenth had just dropped Donna off for the final time, and was spending his time exploring before he had to regenerate.

"Never done what?" The Tenth Doctor asked slowly, trying to make sense of this stranger.

"Doctor, I don't see what we're..." Amy burst out of the TARDIS, which was on the other side of the Tenth Doctor's TARDIS, and walked up to the Doctor, only to see the other TARDIS, "Doing here..." She finished, confused. "Doctor, what's happening?"

"Doctor?" The Tenth Doctor thought for a brief moment. "Oh, I see." The Tenth Doctor peered past his TARDIS to see the Eleventh's sitting behind it, brilliantly resting on the ground. He took a moment to vainly gaze at the amazing device before meeting eyes with the Eleventh Doctor again.

The Tenth Doctor also began to smile as he looked at his future self. "So you're-"

"You" the Eleventh Doctor cut in cheerily. "I'm the next you." His face was smug as the Tenth Doctor grasped what was happening for a brief moment, his confusion easily visible in his eyes. Something about this man seemed odd. It was like he hadn't even been around humans. His outfit was dreadful compared to the Tenth's, especially the bowtie and fez, and even his hair was unappealing, all leaning to cover one side of his face. The Eleventh Doctor stood awkwardly, glancing over at Amy every few seconds with a fake smile on his face as he waited for his younger self.

"What happened to you?" The Tenth Doctor asked slowly, failing his attempt to ask the question in a pleasant way. "Why are you dressed like that?"

"What do you mean?" The Eleventh Doctor replied while looking down at his outfit. He turned to Amy, "Is there something wrong with my clothes?"

"You mean, other than the fact that you're wearing them?" Amy joked. "You do look sort of ridiculous." She stated rather bluntly, seeming to hurt the Doctor's feelings.

"What about this is ridiculous?" He demanded, motioning his hands towards his clothes before straightening his jacket.

"The bowtie?" Amy and the Tenth Doctor said in unison, much to the surprise of the Eleventh.

"Bowties are cool." He countered, adjusting it with his hand. After a brief moment of silence, the Eleventh Doctor clapped his hands together. "Now then, I think we should get to work!" A TARDIS stood on each side of him as he flew past, gazing into the pasture beyond him.

The Tenth Doctor slipped his hands into his pockets and strode up behind him, quizzically looking into the vast, empty field. "Perception filter?" He sighed, not breaking his line of vision. The Eleventh Doctor smiled.

"That's very clever." He happily remarked. "I always knew I was clever, but it's so much more brilliant to see myself in action. Don't get to do this everyday, you know." the Eleventh Doctor continued his almost childlike rank, praising his past self for his intelligence, much to the dismay of the Tenth Doctor.

The Eleventh Doctor rambled on and on about how smart he was, but the Tenth Doctor had zoned him out. His immature babble droned into the Tenth Doctor's brain, each irritating word pounding at his ears. The maddening sound of his voice finally made the Tenth Doctor snap.

The Tenth Doctor grabbed the Eleventh by the collar and ripped off his bow tie. "Would you grow up?" The Eleventh Doctor stood confused for a moment, but before he could continue, the Tenth Doctor continued, "Honestly, would you look at yourself? Did a child dress you? And stop talking about how brilliant you are! Would you grow up?" The Doctors locked eyes. A good minute passed before either of them said anything.

"A child, am I?" The Eleventh Doctor's eventual response was calm. "How could you ever ask me to do something so horrible? At least I know when to go to bed." His statement was simple and plain, but the Tenth Doctor's face made it clear how much the comment hurt him. "Pinch a nerve?" The Eleventh Doctor had a condescending tone, almost devilishly pleased at his comment.

"That's enough of that!" Amy stepped between them firmly, breaking their eye contact. She put a gentle hand on the Eleventh Doctor's shoulder, giving a comforting smile. "Don't we have something to do here?" The Eleventh Doctor took a deep breath, running his hands through his hair. He buried his face in his hands for a brief second, and when his head emerged, he had a reinvigorated smile on his face.

"Right then!" He continued, as if the previous conversation hadn't happened, "Perception filter down that way. I say we go exploring!" With that, the Eleventh Doctor led the way, while Amy took an interest in the Tenth Doctor, who stayed further behind. She found something fascinating about how this was the Doctor. He was so much different.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Deep beyond the perception filter, an entity peered at the two Tardises in the distance. It had no physical body. It existed in a dimension of its own, facets of its being occasionally brushing up against our existence. The being felt, using human terms, what is most easily described as joy as seeing the Doctor's machine. It gave it a chance for revenge.

-------------------------------------------------------

Amy walked uncomfortably close to the Tenth Doctor, fascinated at this younger Doctor. He would occasionally glance over to see if she was still staring, which she always was, before he asked if he could help her.

"Oh, no," Amy replied, "I just... It's strange to see you... like this." She fumbled her way through a poor explanation. "It's just, I'm so used to you being him," She pointed to the Eleventh Doctor. "He's just so... Brilliant. He's my Doctor." Oddly, this made the Tenth Doctor smile.

"Well, he certainly is me." The Tenth Doctor laughed. "Sweeping people away with the promise of brilliance, taking them to the most brilliant places he can think of. It's really a great life." His smile lingered for a while as images of his past companions filled his head. Repelling the Sycorax with Rose, defeating the Master with Martha, fighting Davros with Donna. But the images also reminded him of the hard times with each of them, and the guilt in leaving all of them behind. His smile slowly faded into a look of distress. He turned to Amy.

"Just, be careful..." he warned, a tear almost running down his cheek, "You'll grow apart eventually, and when you do, it might not end well." He trudged on forward, leaving Amy standing alone momentarily, thinking about his warning.

The Tenth Doctor caught up with the Eleventh, walking next to him for a few seconds. "Where exactly are we?" The Tenth Doctor asked after a while. He figured they were long past the Perception Filter by now, and it would be nice to know what they're dealing with.

"Midnight." The Eleventh Doctor calmly responded, puzzling the Tenth Doctor. The last time he was on Midnight, even standing outside for a second would cause instant death because of the Xtonic rays of the sun.

"How are we still alive?" The Tenth doctor asked, to which the Eleventh doctor shrugged.

"It's incredible what the humans can accomplish now, isn't it?" The Eleventh Doctor couldn't help but smile as he thought of everything the humans had done since their childhood as Cavemen.

"I'm afraid it's not the humans this time, Doctor." A voice boomed in the each of the Doctor's minds. It was otherworldly, almost as if it didn't really exist, but somewhat soothing. One might call it devilish. The Doctors exchanged a look of concern.

"Did you hear that?" The Eleventh Doctor asked.

The Tenth Doctor responded with a blunt "Yes."

"Who's there?" The Eleventh Doctor pondered, looking around quickly to see if he could find the source.

"We've met before, Doctor." The voice echoed through their minds. "Molto Bene" The Doctors came to the conclusion at the same time: Whatever was on Midnight had survived, and it wanted revenge.

"What do you want?" The Tenth Doctor demanded.

"All in good time. For now, sleep..." The voice's demand was said in a pleasant tone, almost like an invitation. Still, the Doctors and Amy couldn't help but obey. Their eyes were heavy, and within a few seconds, they all lost consciousness.

--------------------------------------------

The Ninth Doctor stood in his TARDIS, hunched over in pain. Next to him was Rose Tyler, looked concerned as the Ninth Doctor backed away from her. He had just absorbed the TARDIS energy from her, and now had to regenerate. He looked at her and smiled.

"You were brilliant Rose. Absolutely brilliant!" He paused, "And D'yknow what? So was I." With that, the energy exploded out of him. Instead of becoming the Tenth Doctor, however, the large chinned face of the Eleventh showed up instead. He took in deep breaths as he finished the regeneration.

"Where am I?" He questioned. Rose looked puzzled as the Doctor felt around, trying to make sense of the situation. Finally, a familiar voice boomed into his head.

"Molto Bene, Doctor..." was all he needed to hear before he got what was going on.

"So I have to live my previous life again? That seems pointless..." He stated. "But then, you wouldn't do this without a purpose, would you?"

"Did you ever wonder how you survived on the planet Midnight?" The voice asked. "Humans couldn't do that, could they? Finish before you did last time, or you burn." The voice then disappeared.

"Faster than I did last time..." He thought. "Shouldn't be too hard. And what about my previous self? Does he have to do that same?"

"He has grown up..." The voice vaguely responded, but it was enough for the Eleventh Doctor to guess. The Tenth Doctor had to live the Eleventh's life faster than the Eleventh did.

"Good luck..." He muttered, before looking up at Rose. "Now then, where was I?" He thought for a minute, "Ah yes, Barcelona."

Guest MarvelFan15

I've always preferred David Tennant... But the storylines that star Matt Smith seem to be of better quality for the most part.

Decisions, decisions...

Guest MarvelFan15

In my humble opinion, Moffat's writing is infinitely superior to Davies'.

Moffat is a highly talented writer, no doubt. He did write for Tennant some, too, though. "Silence in The Library" comes to mind.

EDIT: Speaking of talented writing, you've done a good job on this set-up.

Moffat is a highly talented writer, no doubt. He did write for Tennant some, too, though. "Silence in The Library" comes to mind.

EDIT: Speaking of talented writing, you've done a good job on this set-up.

I think arguably the best Tennant episodes (Blink, Silence in the Library, The Girl in the Fireplace) were written by Moffat.

And thanks

Surely the only difference is experience..?

And personality. They both think in pretty different ways, so that could easily make a difference. Also, experience is hard to judge with the Doctor because the Tenth Doctor was around longer, but the Eleventh technically has the experiences of the Tenth, too.

Also, ThePhenomenalOne, you really should watch the new series.

Every time I see it on Netflix, I'm tempted to watch it but I'm already invested in other shows. I'm really happy I started watching Breaking Bad. Maybe after I catch up on that, I can start on Doctor Who. A lot of people on this site seem to really dig that show.

I think arguably the best Tennant episodes (Blink, Silence in the Library, The Girl in the Fireplace) were written by Moffat.

And thanks

I'll argue that. In my opinion the best Tennant episodes are Family of Blood and Human Nature. Of course, it's all opinion, but that's mine.

I personally like both writers. I still feel like Davies' season climaxes are better than Moffats'- comparing apples to apples I enjoyed The Sound of Drums/Last of the Time Lords reset button magic more than The Pandorica Opens/Big Bang reset button. I also though that the reunion in The Stolen Earth/Journey's End was far more emotionally significant than the one in A Good Man Goes To War.

I'll argue that. In my opinion the best Tennant episodes are Family of Blood and Human Nature. Of course, it's all opinion, but that's mine.

I personally like both writers. I still feel like Davies' season climaxes are better than Moffats'- comparing apples to apples I enjoyed The Sound of Drums/Last of the Time Lords reset button magic more than The Pandorica Opens/Big Bang reset button. I also though that the reunion in The Stolen Earth/Journey's End was far more emotionally significant than the one in A Good Man Goes To War.

This is only from my experience, but I liked the Pandorica the most out of the climaxes of the two Doctors. The Tenth Doctor's climaxes had a lot of weight in them, but they weren't really justified. Both of them had a lot at stake, but the both Jorney's End and Last of the Time Lords seemed more... deus ex than the latter in which it made less sense than Pandorica. I agree with A Good Man Goes to War, though. Just my opinion.

• Like 1