Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Rumble 20566 Hippo vs. Rocksteady
MATCH SCORE
Hippo: 3
Rocksteady: 2

Rumble 11724 Lightning vs. Squall Leonhart

Guest Darksaiyajin345

Maxed out Squall has more to work with than maxed out Lightning and the junction system is really easy to manipulate (I think it let me finish the game in like late 20's early 30's) and the crystal system doesn't make the characters as strong so Squall should win but the fact that he needs to draw magic doesnt help (I'm going through game mechanics kinda since there is like 1 video of Squall fighting in FFVIII and it wasn't impressive.) Though this becomes a whole new ballgame if FFXIII-2 is added that may give Lightning the win she was like slapping blast that just shattared and destroyed large buildings and Odin managed to tank a megaflare from Bahamut (She is probably closer to Warrior of Light/Cloud level than Squall in FFXIII-2)

Hmm, didn't know she became that powerful in XII-2 (still trying to save enough money for that game).

And yeah, the one thing that bugged me about FFVIII was the lack of combat in the cutscenes. I mean, I know the main focus of the story was plot/character development and stuff but they could've mixed a little combat in too.

Btw, is Dissidia (specifically the way it treats all the FF protagonists/antagonists as equal in terms of combat) considered canon to the various Final Fantasy games? For example, Vaan fighting on par with Kefka doesn't seem... right.

Guest Darksaiyajin345

Hmm, didn't know she became that powerful in XII-2 (still trying to save enough money for that game).

And yeah, the one thing that bugged me about FFVIII was the lack of combat in the cutscenes. I mean, I know the main focus of the story was plot/character development and stuff but they could've mixed a little combat in too.

Btw, is Dissidia (specifically the way it treats all the FF protagonists/antagonists as equal in terms of combat) considered canon to the various Final Fantasy games? For example, Vaan fighting on par with Kefka doesn't seem... right.

She is considarbly stronger in XIII-2 still probably below AC Cloud but stronger than in the first game.

Yeah though that last battle in 8 could be considered a good combat feat if it wasn't filled with PIS and shenanigans.

It's hard to say I can't answer if Dissidia is cannon and there powers are odd but they are not always treated as equals (Sephiroth is shown to be much stronger than Lightning and Squall while Cloud is shown stronger than Firion and equal to Warrior of Light.) There probably not though (Unless you want people to take a lightspeed Sephiroth and run away with it.) Also Squall has a completely diffrent fighting style in Dissidia than FFVIII (In FFVIII the Gunblade that he uses looks almost heavy and he uses it like a two handed sword while in Dissidia he is really fast with it.)

Guest Darxeth

Personally, I'd be very comfortable with Squall being able to defeat her. (He did defeat a time-manipulating Sorceress, after all)

He, in my opinion, is a very interesting character. I just wish they delve deeper into the world of FF8.

As far as the junction system goes, it's hard to lose if you master it.

For example, I junctioned 100 drain spells to my attacks so every time Squall did 9999 damage he'd gain 9999 hp as well.

I also junctioned 100 flares to my strength, and 100 Ultimas to my elemental defense (which is amazing); among many other spells.

Junctioning 100 aura spells to luck is always nice to do, especially if you have triple junctioned to your speed/evasion. (Makes you really hard to hit)

One of my favorite things to do is to junction 100 death spells to the status attack. (or status defense if you wanna beat Omega Weapon comfortably without spamming healing items, using a hero/holy war or Selphie's "the end" limit break.

Also, Cloud is so overrated it's sickening. :P

Yeah, it'd be cool if they made AC-type films for all the FF installments.

And eh, canonically I'm pretty sure Squall isn't as powerful as you can make him be. Dissidia is probably one of the best indications of his power we have since his power isn't as customizable in that game. Though it is fun one-shotting everything in FFVIII.

And Squall is probably my favorite FF protagonist, but FFVII wins out over FFVIII in terms of sheer power, speed in particular.

Also I wish they'd made a little more time for character interaction in both Dissidias.

@Saiyajin I thought I remembered Squall fighting on equal footing with Sepiroth in that game (though it's been ages since I've played it).

Guest Darxeth

I agree.

I've always thought Squall to be equal to Cloud in terms of combat so him being on equal footing with Sephiroth isn't a big stretch.

Guest Darksaiyajin345
@Saiyajin I thought I remembered Squall fighting on equal footing with Sepiroth in that game (though it's been ages since I've played it).

He did fight on somewhat of an equal footing with Sephiroth however Sephiroth blocked Renzokuken (His limitbreak) with some basic slashes and then overwhelmed him with one blade beam from Godspeed so Sephiroth wasnt being very serious considering when he was sparing with Genesis in Crisis Core he shot three simultaneously and Genesis managed to deflect them.

He did fight on somewhat of an equal footing with Sephiroth however Sephiroth blocked Renzokuken (His limitbreak) with some basic slashes and then overwhelmed him with one blade beam from Godspeed so Sephiroth wasnt being very serious considering when he was sparing with Genesis in Crisis Core he shot three simultaneously and Genesis managed to deflect them.

Ah, I see.

And I guess Squall could give Cloud a decent fight (his limit breaks always seemed more powerful to me, Blasting Zone and Lionheart are frikkin impressive), but Cloud always seemed faster. Was there any evidence of bullet timing in FF8?

Guest Darksaiyajin345

Ah, I see.

And I guess Squall could give Cloud a decent fight (his limit breaks always seemed more powerful to me, Blasting Zone and Lionheart are frikkin impressive), but Cloud always seemed faster. Was there any evidence of bullet timing in FF8?

Ultimecia reacted to a sniper bullet but thats all I got.

Blasting zone is odd do we count that for what it looks like or treat it like Supernova?

I personally put Squall with the best 2nd Class soilders or average 1st Class soilders (So around on Zacks level.)

Edit:though now that I'm remebering Last Order i'm wondering if i am being a bit generous on that assumption FFVIII really needs some more feats. Though it doesnt help that as far as physical stats go FFVII is one of the best Final Fantasys it just lacks OP magic things like massive universal time compression or The Void.

Guest Darxeth

I think FF8 would make an awesome remake with modern graphics and additional fight scenes.

This way we could more accurately compare feats.

Guest Darksaiyajin345

I think FF8 would make an awesome remake with modern graphics and additional fight scenes.

This way we could more accurately compare feats.

True though I would honestly rather have FFVI remade before FFVIII.