Ken Masters: 4

Guardian (Marvel Comics) vs. Captain Britain
MATCH SCORE
Guardian (Marvel Comics): 0
Captain Britain: 4

Game of the Gods

Guest tomisntblue

Guest tomisntblue

Everyone knows of the struggle between good and evil, but the truth is much more complicated. In this vast multiverse there is more than one god, and more than one source of evil. These gods of good and evil constantly compete to decide who reigns supreme. In the old times, the gods themselves fought these battles.

These clashes lead to the death of many gods, peoples, and worlds. The gods decided instead to use champions to fight on their behalf. Warriors from every dimension and reality were allowed to compete, and then chosen in teams of two by the various gods to fight on their behalf. The members of the winning team were granted any wish they desired, and their god became the king of the gods for the next millennia.

Was that a bit dramatic? I hope so; it means it got your attention. If you haven't figured it out, this is gonna be an RP that I'm GMing, (and probably playing in haven't decided yet) and what's above is the plot. What you're reading right now is an explanation of what exactly this post and topic are about. And below is the rules (which I'm pretty much just taking from the UWT rules, because they seem to work nicely):

1. Your character's overall power can only be (roughly) Dante level to base Street level. No cosmics, no Saiyans, etc.

2. If and when your character dies, talk to me about seeing if we can find another place in the RP for you.

3. There will be no called hits.

4. There will be no god-modding.

5. There will be basic courtesy for all RP players.

6. Character Death will happen. There is no invincibility. There is no immortality. So play carefully, or meet him.....

7. Have fun. (This one isn't so much a rule as a guideline really)

Now this last bit. Um, I'm not sure what to categorize it as. A final summery? No not really. More rambling, but rambling that isn't pointless? Yeah that's it. In order for this RP to run smoothly, I'm looking for 2 or 3 Co GMS. Now of course everyone has a role in making sure things go smoothly, but putting a couple other people in charge will help even more. As far as characters go, I've already given the power limit, and so I'm going to allow a mix of Established characters and Original characters. OC's however will be heavily monitored to assure they are balanced.

Lastly, everybody gets 1 character. Now, how is this a "tag team" tournament if you only get 1 character? Simple, you're all going to be partnered with another player. The teams will most likely be decided at random.

So, if you at least read everything that's bolded, you know pretty much everything you need to know. I need to hammer out the fine details about this, so I'm not sure when it'll be up and running. But in case you missed it or it wasn't clear, here's the main points again:

1. Read and Follow the rules

2. Character limit roughly Devil May Cry level all the way down to Justine Bieber lever (Although, the ladder is no suggested)

3. I'm looking for 2 or 3 Co GMs

4. You all get 1 character and you will be paired up with another player making a team of 2.

5. When your character dies, get a hold of me and we can figure out something else for you to do if you want to keep playing.

Approved:

I) Kazuma Torisuna

II) Yoshimori

III) Wolverine

IV) Ghost Rider (Danny)

V) Fuhrer King Bradley

VI) Noob Saibot

VII) Kid Goku (Pre-Roshi training)

VIII) Kazuo Kiriyama

IX) Katrina Marek

X) Dante

XI) Nero

XII) Hanterzei Taei-wei

Teams:

1) Nero and Wolverine

2) Kazuma and King Bradly

3) Yoshimori and Ghost Rider

4) Hanterzei and Dante

5) Katrina and Noob

6) Kazuo and Kid Goku

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Djgambrell

Nice idea Tom. Very original. I would expect no less. Here's my character.

Name:Kazuma Torisuna lvl. 2

Pic: lvl.1 http://images.wikia.com/scryed/images/b/ba/Shell_Bullet.jpg

lvl.2 http://images.wikia.com/scryed/images/7/7e/Scryed-vol6-2.jpg

Weapons: The shell bullet

Equipment:His right arm

Abilities:Shell Bullet Form Shocking first bullet: Uses the smallest fin on his back to propel him forward as a fast speed, increasing destructive power.

Annhialating Second Bullet: Uses the medium fin on his back to propel himself even faster, further increasing power.

(Ex)Terminating Last Bullet: Uses the biggest fin on his back to propel himself even faster than before. Increases his power to the maximum while in Shell Bullet 1 form.

Ultimate Shell Bullet Form

Shell Bullet: Uses the propeller on his back to propel himself forward while gathering alter energy from the duct on his arm, this was the technique he used when he caused the second upheaval of the grounds with Ryuho.

Shell Bullet Burst: Before charging up the propeller, he uses his duct to gather energy. While gathering his energy he has a habit of shouting stuff such as "Shine brighter!" or "More power! AND MORE!! AND MOREE!!!!". After his power is completely gathered, his body shines golden as he uses the propeller(which now spins so fast that you can see alter flying out of the center) and punches with devastating power.

Bio: Known as the treasoner he was one of the few to be gifted with the alter power during the great disaster. He is thought not to think before he acts but that is not true he just thinks rather quickly. He will only kill to protect himself or others and will do anything for someone he cares about.

Is this OK?

Guest tomisntblue
Nice idea Tom. Very original. I would expect no less. Here's my character.

Name:Kazuma Torisuna lvl. 2

Pic: lvl.1 http://images.wikia.com/scryed/images/b/ba/Shell_Bullet.jpg

Is this OK?

He seems fine from the research I've done. But if someone more informed about brings it into question I'll take another look and redetermine it. But, unless that happens, he's in.

Guest Djgambrell
He seems fine from the research I've done. But if someone more informed about brings it into question I'll take another look and redetermine it. But, unless that happens, he's in.

I can answer any questions if you have them. otherwise cool.

Guest tomisntblue
How much of a timesink do you think this would be?

This is still in it's early stages of development. As it stands, it's simply a tournament so depending on how many players we get and how long the rounds last. But it shouldn't take too much time.

However, depending on my whims and if I want to expand it it might drag out. So to answer your question, I have no idea.

This is still in it's early stages of development. As it stands, it's simply a tournament so depending on how many players we get and how long the rounds last. But it shouldn't take too much time.

However, depending on my whims and if I want to expand it it might drag out. So to answer your question, I have no idea.

Hmm... very VERY tenative signup maybe. just ignore this post for now

Guest tomisntblue

GM IDEA:

Due to the number of RPs currently up, and the fact that we all have those pesky things called "real lives" I am considering putting a time limit on the fights. A set number of days, possibly a full week (or less for sake of time), for the matches to go. If there is no winner in the time period myself and the other GMs will act as judges and decide who wins based on their performance.

Guest Djgambrell
GM IDEA:

Due to the number of RPs currently up, and the fact that we all have those pesky things called "real lives" I am considering putting a time limit on the fights. A set number of days, possibly a full week (or less for sake of time), for the matches to go. If there is no winner in the time period myself and the other GMs will act as judges and decide who wins based on their performance.

What if we don't have one of these "real lives" you speak of?

Guest tomisntblue
What if we don't have one of these "real lives" you speak of?

Between you and me, I don't have much of one, but I'm aware others do. So I don't wanna have this RP drag out too long so those with lives don't have this game stacked up on it for too long. The other reason is because I thought of a possible expansion RP for this once it's all over.

Name: Noob-Smoke(Noob Saibot and Smoke)

Pic:

Weapons: Shurikan, Troll hammer.

Equipment: Smoke

Abilities: (Noob) Death From Above: Smoke summons Noob Saibot from the air, who then appears and kicks the opponent in the face.

(Noob) Dark Shadows: Smoke summons Noob, who punches the opponent from behind.

(Smoke) Smokeycut: Smoke would go underground and then reappear under the opponent's chin, hitting them on the way.

(Smoke) Stinky Cloud: Smoke dodges back, leaving a cloud of black smoke in his former position, which chokes the opponent if they get caught in it.

(Smoke) Dark Assassin: Noob appears behind Smoke, and throws his shurikens to the foe.

We Live (Double Robo-Punch): Noob-Smoke Robo-Punches their foe.

(Noob) Darkness: Noob Saibot could vanish, and reappear at will.

Switch Up: Smoke would summon Noob Saibot, who would take over the battle.

Bio: During the aftermath of Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance and the beginnings of Mortal Kombat: Deception, the leaderless Noob Saibot found Smoke's inactive body in a prison cell. Realizing that Smoke would be the perfect template for Noob's ambition to create an army of cyber demons and to rule the Netherrealm, Noob Saibot reprogrammed Smoke and reactivated him, thus allowing his body to reshape (due to his nanotechnological upgrades). He programmed Smoke to obey him and only him without question. The two then headed for Outworld, where Noob Saibot began his journey to ultimate power.