X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Cowboys & Aliens!?

OMFG

Guest silversurfer092
Germanny didn't have superior rifles they were using bolt action rifles while America had the M1 garand semi automatic Russia had a semiauto too. Superior navy? You mean the same that put the Bismark out? Airplanes beat the bismark an example of technology winning, same thing happened to the Yamato small airplanes take out big battleships.

How about we make another thread continuing this debate?

Technology can lose. Vietnam showed that. A poor guy with an AK with something to fight for can beat the guy with the M16 and a helicopter with napalm behind him.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference between WWII German Tech and American/Russian WWII Tech is way smaller than late 1800s Cowboys vs FREAKIN ALIENS! I mean, come on. WWII was moderately even. Well, at least compared to lightspeed, laser firing aliens vs horseback riding cowboys.

So cut that wrist laser-thing some slack. Without it, this movie would last 5 minutes.

Guest force_echo
Technology can lose. Vietnam showed that. A poor guy with an AK with something to fight for can beat the guy with the M16 and a helicopter with napalm behind him.

The kill rate imposed on Vietcong soldiers by Americans was actually pretty damn high. The US lost because of political reasons and tactical stupidity.

Guest silversurfer092
The kill rate imposed on Vietcong soldiers by Americans was actually pretty damn high. The US lost because of political reasons and tactical stupidity.

My whole point is that technology isn't the end all be all. I think the human spirit is more indomitable.

EDIT: Again, you people, this movie is popcorn entertainment. Just like Piranha 3D. Which was awesome.

Guest Hayesmeister5651

US Casualties-58,209

North Vietnamese and Viet Cong Casualties-1,100,000

Kill Death Ratio for US- rounded up 19 kills per 1 death

I love the fact a movie thread about Cowboys vs Aliens is now one of Vietnam vs USA scoreboards on the FPS front. One that note, I say we remember the most important thing about this movie which is the only reason I would ever watch it on a pirated movie site which I frequent off my roommates credit card.

olivia-wilde-hot8.jpg

Nuff said.

US Casualties-58,209

North Vietnamese and Viet Cong Casualties-1,100,000

Kill Death Ratio for US- rounded up 19 kills per 1 death

The U.S also had the unbelievably brutal and feared R.O.K Marines on their side, don't forget.

Guest silversurfer092
And here I was ready to talk about how Cowboys and Aliens sucked only to see this thread totally derailed.

Did it really? What did you think of Piranha 3D?

Surfer, are you sponsored by this movie or something? Hearing you talk about it is making me want to see it.

Also, I too want to know how bad CvsA is...

Guest Joecorp
I feel like Hugo is the only one who's getting it. This woman is in this movie! NAEKED!

Olivia-Wilde.jpg

Nuff said.

I liked the movie a lot and she was definitely easy on the eyes. It was probably one of my favorite movies this year so far.

Guest silversurfer092

Piranha 3D was awesome. It's popcorn entertainment at it's finest. It has everything. Blood, gore, a silly teen romance, a really hot chick with a British accent, and a nude underwater ballet scene.

Guest Hayesmeister5651
The U.S also had the unbelievably brutal and feared R.O.K Marines on their side, don't forget.

Heh, Marines are feared in general. My buddy Burt is in the Marines, and he said that people in the Middle East think the Marines are people we get from insane asylums, and hand them guns.

On another note my Grandpa was in the Marines, and he was drafted right out of high school and served in Vietnam. He would give some if the kids his rations and they would say "thanks lean". "Lean" was their attempt to say Marine. My grandpa also told menthe kids would rate them on a scale of 1 to 10, my Grandpa was 8 he said.

As for the topic, the movie was good. Remember people action movies arent about stellar plots, it's about ACTION. That is the same thing I said about Transformers 3. Arnie's movies in the Late 80's/90's are classic, and I don't hear anyone say "True Lies had a great plot!" or "Commando was a great story and had a lot of character development". No they say "Oh man when Arnold threw that saw blade at that guy's head was awesome!" or "Dude Arnie got his ass kicked by the Predator!"

It was amusing. Cowboys and Aliens wasn't. There's, like, nothing the least bit similar between them. No idea why you'd even consider comparing them.

Guest silversurfer092
It was amusing. Cowboys and Aliens wasn't. There's, like, nothing the least bit similar between them. No idea why you'd even consider comparing them.

I figured they were both going for the "This is a stupid movie idea, let's use it to give the audience mindless entertainment." Does Cowboys and Aliens try to take itself seriously?

Does Cowboys and Aliens try to take itself seriously?

Yep. It wants to be a serious western that deals with racial issues and family issues AND it wants to be a serious alien invasion movie.

If fails at both.

How bad of a fail?

Like, I don't believe shotguns could kill aliens type of fail , or a pistol shot down an Alien Ship type of fail?

"This is a shitty movie with terrible action scenes, terrible characters, and terrible plot, and is made by people that don't get westerns OR sci-fi" fail.

"This is a shitty movie with terrible action scenes, terrible characters, and terrible plot, and is made by people that don't get westerns OR sci-fi" fail.

Yeah, I never did think that a bunch of cowboys vs Intergalactic travelling Aliens would be a good fight.

So, who wins in the end?

Guest thetrekker

Well now, to the primitive's credit, a late adolescent aged Native boy did knock the crap out of an alien with a club.

I thought it was a joke at first, I think it's going to be stupid after all the Aliens should be the ones to win but every movie has the ones with superior technology losing to primitives.

I'll give them points for originality this isn't an alien invasion during modern times, but yeah it looks dumb.

What next? Crusaders vs. Aliens? Rome vs. Aliens? Samurai vs aliens? Oh no wait I got it Atlantis vs Aliens.

High_crusade_book_cover.jpg

And silly you... the Atlantians were aliens...