Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

The Nation States

Skirmisher

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conflict1.jpg

Newscaster:

"In Western Khazan, tensions mount as a boarder dispute between The Commonwealth of FPL Elitists and The Federation of Erisus broke out in Violence. The body count from this incident is high and expected to exceed 1200 dead or wounded, mostly Erisian citizens as all of the Commonwealths citizenry who showed up were carrying weaponry, mostly small handguns and rifles."

--------------------------------------------

Budgets for Round 1, all in Billions of $$$

Just scroll down the box and find your Name.

[size=1][color="#00FF00"]Ruinus[/color]
Defense: $0
Law&Ord: $17
Education: $26

[color="#00FF00"]TheJ0ke[/color]
Defense: $199
Law&Ord: $163
Education: $99

[color="#00FF00"]MarvelFan15[/color]
Defense: $167
Law&Ord: $231
Education: $90

[color="#00FF00"]He Who Fights Monsters[/color]
Defense: $80
Law&Ord: $55
Education: $30

[color="#00FF00"]Opalord[/color]
Defense: $48
Law&Ord: $149
Education: $86

[color="#00FF00"]Jaeger Panzer[/color]
Defense: $34
Law&Ord: $76
Education: $68

[color="#00FF00"]Nova[/color]
Defense: $189
Law&Ord: $289
Education: $6

[color="#00FF00"]Magnus[/color]
Defense: $71
Law&Ord: $223
Education: $107

[color="#00FF00"]Nesh[/color]
Defense: $221
Law&Ord: $137
Education: $232

[color="#00FF00"]Marvel Man[/color]
Defense: $184
Law&Ord: $145
Education: $280

[color="#00FF00"]Treacherous[/color]
Defense: $336
Law&Ord: $326
Education: $0

[color="#00FF00"]Art[/color]
Defense: $62
Law&Ord: $83
Education: $93

[color="#00FF00"]Trolls[/color]
Defense: $132
Law&Ord: $0
Education: $0

[color="#00FF00"]Elitists[/color]
Defense: $53
Law&Ord: $7
Education: $153

[color="#00FF00"]Seeker[/color]
Defense: $114
Law&Ord: $160
Education: $140[/size]

Guest He who fights monsters

South Erisus was vulnerable. Troops would be deployed there first, ready to attack whenever needed. The Khazan Powder Keg was ready to explode. The Xenoripper places a general in command of the army, ready to strike. To a lesser extent, West and East Erisus would be guarded with heavy tanks and infantry backing up. Bullets would fly as the commandos were ready to fire. Militia would rise now, as emergency dawned.

OOC: Erisus does have a militia, that isn't fair. -_-

Guest Ruinus

AINN:

"The Ministry of Security announced that the last of the mines deployed during the Bonita-Preciosa Civil War have been found and disamred. MS head Gonzales issued the following statement:

"After several years of hard and dangerous work we can pride ourselves with the knowledge that our islands are now safe, and free from the terrors of war. We wish to thank the men and women who gave their lives in the most recent accident, their ultimate sacrifice has given us a better present and future. Thank you."

MS head Gonzales refered to the recent mine clearing indicent off of Mirada, Bonita, which killed 8 government minesweepers.

Anti-military critics have been quick to point out that the reminders of the Bonita-Preciosa Civil War are still present in the form of the Perro tank batallion that still sits in the Bonita-North Military Base, which, despite various petitions and requests, have not been dismantled.

With more uplifting news, the Ministry of Intelligence, Research and Advancement has announced that it will begin a nationwide investment in solar and nuclear power, this, officials say, will "Bring us one step closer to total autonomy."

More at 11, this is the AINN, thank you for choosing us. Have a pleasant day."

Build tank batallion: -$10B

Research nuclear/solar power -$37B

End Turn

OOC: I'm confused. are we allowed to reply out of initiative order?
OOC: Nah I made a mistake.

No, your all allowed to talk out of turn whenever you want and at any time. You can only take your turn when it is your turn though. Which means that you can't go buying armies and tech when it isn't your turn, but you can still talk.

Also this is new and overlooked, but state that you are ending your turn when you are done. Ruinus you still have money left over to research new tech if you want.

Guest Ruinus
Ruinus you still have money left over to research new tech if you want.

OOC: Edited post accordingly.

Guest TheJ0ke

Tom O. Folery, JBC Anchor:

"This morning, the tensions between The Commonwealth of FPL Elitists and The Federation of Erisus came to a violent head. It is being reported that there are well over 1,000 casualties. This caused widespread concern across the nation and just a few moments ago our leader, Soum Y. Nona, presented to government's official position on this:

'My fellow citizens today there was a violent conflict at the shared border of The Commonwealth of FPL Elitists and The Federation of Erisus. This brings into question not only TheJ0ke's national security, but Khazan's as a whole. In response to this disaster, we have set up automated SAM sites along the northern coast of Anantic. We have also deployed two flotillas of U42 Subpuns to military sector 35. These subs were deployed alongside one M28 Farscapade aircraft carrier for each flotilla, with each Farscapade fully fitted with a detail of fifteen A19 Quippex light fighter jets. We have also constructed one complete wing of S70 Wisecracks, waiting on standby in central Paradoe along with two companies of Punchline Tanks in military sector 111. Finally, we have deployed one division of infantry to military sector 110, one to the province of Paradoe, and another division to Anantic.

Although, there are no immediate signs that this conflict will escalte to include TheJ0ke, it is and always has been this government's firm belief that it is better to prepare for disaster and for it to never come, than to let it catch you unprepared.'

In other news, the DRET (Department for Research of Efficient Technologies) has announced that they have begun researching ways to standardize the missile silos currently only found on a little less than 1/3 of all U42 Subpuns (the staple vessel of our navy). They have stated that they intend to shrink the size of the prototype silos by increasing the power efficiency to do so, thus reducing cost and reducing the necessary maintenance.

On a lighter note, National Jaeger Pie Season is in full swing and The Rouge Nation of Jaeger Panzer has recently begun constructing a world record breaking conveyor belt, sponsored by our wonderful government, from their central pie manufacturing district to our very own nation! Now the delicious, seasonal, Jaeger Pies that we all love have become both much cheaper to buy and easier to find at your local grocery store. Naturally, this "Pie Belt" runs relatively deep underground, where it is naturally cooled, to prevent nasty creatures on the surface from getting to it.

Well folks, that's all there is for today. This is JBC news anchor, Tom O. Folery, signing off."

----------------

Build 2 Sub Flotillas: -12 bil

Build 2 Companies of Tanks: -14 bil

Build 1 Wing of S70 Wisecracks: -100 bil

Build 2 M28 Farscapades: -30 bil

Build 2 Details of 15 A19 Quippex: -30 bil

Deploy 3 Infantry Divisions: -6 bil

Build Fortifications: -100 bil

Total military cost: -332 bil

Research: -50 bil

End Turn

OOC: Note that this has been edited in three ways since original post. First, i have adjusted the initial costs of my purchases to make it more realistic/comparable to others. Second, I have increased the amount of units deployed to use up all funds. Third, I have added a section to the news broadcast detailing the newly constructed Jaeger Pie Belt and the costs to the money spent portion of the post.

ENN anchor Rob McCormick

"Today the Khazan powder keg exploded. Over one thousand lives were lost with conflicts of The Commonwealth of FPL Elitists and The Federation of Erisus. Troops from both sides are said to be deployed, with most of the war in South Erisus. Our advisors told our leader, Draco Eternus not to draw other nations. If things get worse, Tanks would be deployed."

$20 million in squadrons, $21 billion in tanks. I end my turn.

Guest TheJ0ke

OOC: *wags finger* Hey mister wait your turn! I'm not quite done with mine yet, and MarvelFan15 still goes before you.

Edit: I am now done with my turn.

OOC: *wags finger* Hey mister wait your turn! I'm not quite done with mine yet, and MarvelFan15 still goes before you.

True, and to answer your (and maybe everyone's) question on Research. It's mostly for RP benefits. Creating a unit will still take between $10B and $100B, but the difference would be in the details. Nation #1 could have researched practical applications to Laser weapons and equipped all his tanks with them... Nation #1 would still pay 10-100 for those tanks, but when they battle enemies Nation #1's tanks should have the advantage.

Think of it like RTS games. When you pay for an upgrade, your paying two things, Time and Money, but after that the cost of your units doesn't change.

Guest TheJ0ke

OOC: Yeah, you can talk whenever you want, you just can't take action until it's your turn.

Guest MarvelFan15

Sorry guys. not much time now. I will post my beginning Turn as soon as I can. Bear with me.

Again, apologies. Thank you for waiting.

OOC: Jesus, this is taking forever.

GM: Don't worry, currently we're in the Politics phase of the game... I expect all politics to move... slowly... that and I would think that this week has been somewhat inauspicious for our players...

Guest MarvelFan15

Overheard in the halls of Cruciamentum's Parliament:

Man #1 (presumed to be Roger Stockholm): "Are these new designs operational. I mean, if we were to build it, would it work?"

Man #2: "Yes. I presume so. He was very confident..."

Roger Stockholm: "Well...Yes, I'll channel funds into this right away. But I don't want this to end up like the Dragonius 2. This-The prototype had better be the finished product. I don't want this to become a failure because of numerous revisions. Get this working ASAP."

Man #2: "Yes. Again, Leroy was confident this would pan out like you wanted it too. His confidence is usually our success."

Roger Stockholm: "Yes, now...huh...This is interesting...Increased military activity in The Empire of Allied Intelligences?"

Man #2: "Yes, so it seems. we're looking into it, but haven't made any solid discoveries as to what he's doing."

Roger Stockholm: "I'm glad this came to my attention, Rupert....Keep close watch on The Empire of Allied Intelligences. This might have some correlation to the dispute between Erisus and the FPL Elitists. In the meantime, double our defenses, and increase the production of war material. Something is brewing, and I don't want to be caught off-guard when it's finally revealed as to what is happening."

Rupert: "Yes, sir. Now, the Federation of Nova Force Nova has sent an ambassador over...to talk with you about that very subject, sir."

Roger: "The storm approaches...Were is he?"

Rupert: "He's at the Circular Hall, sir. His name's...--"

Any further discussion had fallen out of earshot.

--

Research New Tank model: $5 Billion

Build New Tank Battalion: $40 billion

Build Troop battalions: $50 billion

Research Missile Defense Systems: $60 billion

Research New Rifle Design: $175 million

Build New Rifle Design: $1 billion

End Turn

Note: I might Edit this to beef up the background storyline.

GM: Great Turn MarvelFan, and he shows another side that this RP can take. Remember it doesn't always have to be Press Releases.

Next up is HWFM... unless he want's his interruption to count as his turn... and if so then Next up would be Opalord!

OOC: Yes. I'm just preparing tanks and sending squadrons. I believe that my tanks would be fifty by 21 billion and a troop of 10,000 by 20 million. Remaining money is two trillion nine hundred seventy-nine billion nine hundred eighty million, 2 979 980 000 000. I am definitely a bureaucrat.

OOC: Yes. I'm just preparing tanks and sending squadrons. I believe that my tanks would be fifty by 21 billion and a troop of 10,000 by 20 million. Remaining money is two trillion nine hundred seventy-nine billion nine hundred eighty million, 2 979 980 000 000. I am definitely a bureaucrat.

GM: Those are some damned expensive infantry and tanks HWFM...

Also your not using much of your budget...

Defense: $80B

Law&Ord: $55B <- $41B goes to the tanks and troops, leaving $14B.

Education: $30B

So if you wanted, you could do what you're doing and still be able to produce More Troops, put money towards fortifications in a Province that you will be able to see next turn, And research some new technology... Also Don't forget to announce Where in your Country your founding these units and fortifications... or else I'll have to throw them somewhere at random...

GM: Those are some damned expensive infantry and tanks HWFM...

Also your not using much of your budget...

Defense: $80B

Law&Ord: $55B <- $41B goes to the tanks and troops, leaving $14B.

Education: $30B

So if you wanted, you could do what you're doing and still be able to produce More Troops, put money towards fortifications in a Province that you will be able to see next turn, And research some new technology... Also Don't forget to announce Where in your Country your founding these units and fortifications... or else I'll have to throw them somewhere at random...

OOC: South Erisus, and I'm attempting to be frugal.