Steve (Minecraft): 2
Jackson Storm: 0

Archangel vs. Gambit
MATCH SCORE
Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

Match 20396 Mai Valentine vs. Faye Valentine

image.jpeg.5e7e7f240eb0ed4105bc2360be8f8137.jpeg

The dazzling lights of the "Be My Valentine" set flickered to life, casting a warm glow on the heart-shaped decorations that adorned the stage. The studio audience buzzed with excitement as they eagerly awaited the start of the new dating game show. The camera focused on the alluring, voluptuous host standing at the center, Ivy Valentine. Ivy stared at the audience with her striking blue eyes behind her short silver hair that covered half her face. Never bashful about flaunting her stuff, Ivy chose a somewhat more modest gameshow host suit in her traditional purple color scheme.

"Hello, lovely viewers! Welcome to 'Be My Valentine,' where love takes center stage. I'm your host, Ivy Valentine, and we've got a special treat for you tonight!" she announced. The camera zoomed in on Ivy as she introduced the evening's contestant. "Let's give a warm welcome to the brooding and mysterious Vincent Valentine.”

The crowd erupted in cheers as Vincent, dressed in black with gold boots and a tattered red cloak, made his way to the center of the stage. Ivy smirked when she noticed that she and Vincent had similar gold gauntlets on their left hands that went up most of their arms.

“Why don’t you tell the audience a little bit about yourself,” said Ivy.

Vincent spoke in a somber, solemn tone. “I spent most of my young adult life as a Turk for the Shinra Electric Power Company, where I was tasked with things like espionage, kidnapping, assassination, fetching things for the President, whatever the company needed. That was until I became an unwilling lab rat and sealed myself in a coffin until quite recently.”

“Oooh a man of mystery and some inner darkness. How fascinating,” Ivy remarked. “I hope we can find you a suitable partner. Let’s say we get started, shall we?”

Vincent nodded and Ivy pointed him in the direction of his heart shaped seat where he sat. The camera then followed Ivy to the other side of a red folding screen adorned with hearts.

“Now let me introduce you to the two beautiful babes battling for this brooding bad boy’s hopefully still beating heart,” Ivy declared. “First, we have straight from the interplanetary fishing trawler, the Bebop, and the year 2071, the sarcastic and sardonic Faye Valentine.”

The camera swung over to Faye, whose entrance exuded confidence and a hint of danger. With her vivid violet hair and a form-fitting yellow futuristic outfit, Faye Valentine was a striking contrast to Vincent's more gothic presence. She waved dutifully to the audience and exchanged pleasantries with Ivy before taking her seat.

"And now, let me introduce the dazzling duelist who is always ready to throw down, Mai Valentine,” Ivy declared.

The camera shifted to Mai, who was fair skinned with long, spiky blonde hair and purple eyes. Her white tube top and short purple coat stood out in its more regular appearance as compared to that of Faye, Vincent, or Ivy herself. She also appeared confident although there was some insecurity behind her eyes.

Ivy instructed Mai to take her seat next to Faye separated by the folding screen from Vincent Valentine. Ivy turned her attention back to the vampiric sharpshooter.

“Before you ask your questions, why don’t you regale us with a story about a past love, someone you held dear to your heart,” Ivy suggested.

“I have only been in love once, her name was Lucrecia, and she was a scientist for Shinra. She instead chose Professor Hojo to be her partner, and he in turn experimented on me to the point where I now change into an actual monster when I am angered, four unique monsters to be exact. In the end she became very ill after becoming pregnant and I blamed myself. I sealed myself in a coffin for over twenty years to atone for my sins.”

The audience listened in a hushed silence with a mixture of pity and trepidation over Vincent’s revelation. Ivy attempted to lighten the mood.

“Man, I thought I had it rough with my cursed blood, cursed snake sword, and undead pirate father. But, that’s why we are here because there is someone out there for everyone. Vincent, let’s see which one of these lovely ladies might be the one for you. Go ahead and ask your first question.”

Vincent sat up straight and his tone remained serious.  “Valentine number 2, what do you do for fun?"

Mai’s eyes sparkled with passion, “Duel Monsters!  It’s the best game in the world. The strategy involved in competitive play can’t be topped!”

Faye mocked her challenger. “She indulges in children’s games. How precious.” 

Ivy scolded Faye for the interjection. “We will have none of that.”

Vincent carried on, undeterred, with his next question. "Valentine number 1, tell me a unique fact about yourself."

A smirk appeared on Faye’s lips. “I was never sealed in a coffin like you, cowboy. But I was cryogenically frozen for fifty four years.”

Mai, bitter about Faye’s earlier comment, offered an interruption of her own. “I think the more interesting fact would be that you are a known con-artist and a thief.”

Ivy, displeased with the growing tensions, cracked her snake sword against the ground. “Know that there will be punishment if these catty comments continue.”

The atmosphere shifted as Ivy noticed the camera focused on her. She returned to a more genial personality and asked Vincent if he had more questions.

“No,” he replied.

“What do you mean no?” 

“I am not much of a talker,” Vincent admitted.  “and I feel I have already done too much.”

Ivy, irritated, revealed a secret to the audience. “Since you won’t play along like a good boy let me tell you why these two ladies were chosen. Faye’s rebellious nature appeals to the adventurous spirit that you have deep down, the same spirit that led you on the journey to battle Sephiroth with Cloud and his friends. Whereas Mai, despite appearances to the contrary, is quite lonely and melancholy not unlike yourself. What is the saying, misery loves company.”

“Hey, now,” protested Mai.

“Don’t test me, duelist. We have the receipts,” Ivy shot back.

Ivy walked over to Vincent, tapping the hilt of her snake sword on her hand expectedly. “Which will it be, goth boy? Will your need to protect and your proclivity for women who make bad life choices lead you to Faye…”

“Hold on a minute,” Faye interjected.

Ivy continued. “Or will you bond with a fellow loner who only finds happiness in competitive card games?”

Vincent lowered his head. “I… I don’t know. I can’t choose.”

Ivy gritted her teeth. “Must I do everything?” Ivy forced a smile as the camera zoomed back in on her face. “Very well. Dear audience, help this troubled soul find his Valentine!”

Learn More About
Mai Valentine
Read more about Mai Valentine at Wikipedia
Official Site: 4KidsTV Links: Wikipedia Absolute Anime Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia

Faye Valentine
Read more about Faye Valentine at Wikipedia
Official Site: Bandai Entertainment, Inc. Links: Wikipedia Entry - Cowboy Bebop Character Absolute Anime Knockin' On Heaven's Door Official Site

Happy (late) Valentine's Day.

Nice to see Mai finally in a match. I added her to the site many years ago.

Anyway, I give the match a 5.0.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Venom 2009
4.70 - DSkillz
5.00 - Boratz

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
14.70 Total Combined Score
14.70 / 3 = 4.90 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Mai Valentine: 2