Lilandra Neramani: 2
Agent L: 4

Rumble 20577 Baraka vs. Kollector
MATCH SCORE
Baraka: 3
Kollector: 2

Match 20280 Kalifa vs. Quistis Trepe

image.jpeg.28bd70fee8edebb1bfbe7c7fbfdc923e.jpeg

Kalifa, the skilled assassin from Cipher Pol, received a mysterious contract from an unlikely client, a Shumi named NORG. NORG was the former proprietor and financier of the military school, Balamb Garden, and he wanted it back. NORG sought the elimination of the current headmaster, Cid Kramer, believing that his removal would pave the way for NORG to reclaim control over Balamb Garden. Cipher Pol usually only worked directly for the World Government, however the bounty NORG was offering plus access to Balamb Garden’s SeeDs soldiers and technology made the contract too enticing to pass up. Known for their discretion and efficiency, Cipher Pol decided to send Kalifa to carry out the task.

A couple of days later, dressed as a teacher to blend in with the environment, Kalifa arrived at the prestigious school for mercenaries and aspiring soldiers. As she strolled through the courtyard, she couldn't help but marvel at the unique look of the institution.

Nearby, Zell Dincht strolled through the bustling quad of Balamb Garden, his spiky hair and distinctive martial artist attire catching the attention of those around him. As he turned a corner, he spotted a familiar figure that seemed oddly dressed.

Zell shouted excitedly.  "Hey, Quistis! You changed your outfit! Looking good!".

He quickly caught up with the long blonde-haired woman with glasses before realizing he had made a mistake,

Kalifa glanced at Zell with a sly smile, her eyes assessing the situation. "Quistis? Oh, no, dear. My name is not Quistis. I am, however, a new prospective teacher here."

Zell scratched his head. "New teacher? Oh, my fault! You just kinda looked like my friend, Quistis, from behind. She is an instructor here, too."

Kalifa chuckled, her tone playful. "No worries. Can you help me find Cid Kramer's office? I have an interview scheduled."

Zell, always eager to assist, grinned. "Sure thing! Follow me. I'll take you there myself. The name is Zell, by the way."

Kalifa followed Zell inside and up a staircase to an elevator that took them to the second floor.

As they walked through the hallways upstairs, Zell couldn't help but boast about his school. "Balamb Garden is the coolest place ever! We got SeeDs training here, and there's always something exciting happening."

Kalifa maintained her composed facade, subtly observing the surroundings. "Fascinating. It does have a unique charm."

Zell and Kalifa then ran into Xu, a SeeD operative working out of Balamb Garden who helped oversee field exams.

“Zell, there you are. Quistis has been looking for you,” Xu informed. “You’re late.”

Zell smacked his forehead. “Oh man, is today the day of the exam? Ok, tell her I’ll meet her in a minute. Right now I’m looking for Headmaster Cid. Have you seen him?”

“He is in his office,” Xu replied. She began to walk away. “You shouldn’t take Quistis’s offer of assistance for granted. If she wasn’t so invested in you making it as a SeeD, you might not get there.”

Zell nodded respectfully. “Of course.”

After Xu’s departure, Zell turned to Kalifa. ‘I need to get going, but I won’t leave you hanging. Cid’s office is on the third floor. I’ll take you there personally. Can’t have you getting lost on your first day, right?”

Kalifa, internally sighing at the unexpected company, smiled. "I appreciate the guidance."

As they walked back to the elevator, Zell shared anecdotes about the school, blissfully unaware of the impending danger. "You'll love it here! We've got training centers, a cafeteria, and even a library. Oh, and the T-Rexaur in the Training Center is legendary!"

They walked by an empty classroom and Kalifa saw an opportunity to rid herself of the unwanted tag-along. She could not afford to have Zell interfere in her mission.

image.jpeg.7d31e16b7d8dd11b877df8c640662e54.jpeg

“May we stop to look inside one of the classrooms?” she asked. “I just want to get a feel for where I might spend the next several years.”

Zell felt a little tense about keeping Quistis waiting, but he shrugged. “Sure.”

The two entered the empty classroom. Once inside, Kalifa swiftly locked the door, her demeanor shifting. 

Zell, confused, asked. “Um, is everything ok?”

Kalifa lashed out with her chained whip, initiating the unexpected battle within the confines of the empty classroom. The martial artist, Zell, used nimble footwork to evade the attack. He responded with a flurry of punches and kicks. 

“Teacher or not, you’re going down,” he declared.

Kalifa chuckled, effortlessly dodging Zell's attacks, showcasing her own agility. "Such enthusiasm. I like it. But let's see how you handle this!" She twirled her chained whip, creating a defensive barrier around herself.

Zell, undeterred, activated his Punch Rush technique, landing a barrage of blows. "I've trained for this! You won't get away with whatever you're planning!"

Zell started to jump in the air to land a Heel Drop on Kalifa. She quickly knocked him back with her Rankyaku technique, delivering powerful leg strikes that created sharp air blades to keep Zell at a distance.

“It’s going to take more than that to stop me!” Zell announced. Unfortunately for him, Zell suddenly found himself slipping on a soapy floor created by Kalifa’s devil fruit powers. "What the... soap? Seriously?"

Kalifa grinned. "I hope you brought your swimsuit, sweetheart. This is about to get slippery!"

She rubbed Zell’s arms and legs and lathered them with soap bubbles. Zell could no longer use his hands and was not even able to stand. He shouted in frustration and anger.

Down the hall, Quistis heard Zell’s shouts and ran to the door, breaking it open with a lightning spell.

“Zell! What’s going on here?”

Zell tried hard to stand on his feet, but to no avail. “Quistis! She is here for Headmaster Cid. I don’t think she is really a teacher. Also, she has weird soap powers. Be careful.”

Quistis unsheathed her whip, ready for action. "Well, whoever you are, I won’t let you won't harm anyone, step back!"

Kalifa, unimpressed, cracked her own whip in anticipation. "I'm only here for Cid Kramer. Step aside, and you might live to see another day."

"I don't think so. As a blue mage, I've got some tricks up my sleeve, too. Let me show you!" Quistis responded.

Quistis cast the White Wind ability on Zell, drying him off and healing his injuries.

Kalifa was in disbelief. “What? How?” 

“Zell! Go make sure Headmaster Cid is okay. I will take care of her,” stated Quistis.

“Ok.”

Quistis and Kalifa’s eyes remained locked as Zell scampered out of the classroom.

“No matter, now that I have seen that ability, I know how to interrupt it and negate it,” Kalifa boasted. “But do you know how to truly handle my abilities?” She surrounded herself with bubbles. “Seriously, how that buffoon could confuse the two of us I’ll never know. Look at you and then look at me, honestly there is no competition.”

Quistis prepared her next attack. “You talk too much.”