Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 20128 Helena Shaw vs. Jo Braddock

Boratz

Chapter 14: In For A Penny

"Fortune and glory..." That is a line that Helena had heard several times in her childhood as she watched as father's mind deteriorate. Before his mind failed, her father often recounted his adventures with her godfather, the great Indiana Jones. She heard the stories of Indiana fighting the Nazis to retrieve treasures from history's greatest moments. The one treasure that Basil found himself obsessed with was the Archimedes' Dial. He believed that it could locate fissures in time and ultimately allow mankind to travel through time itself. Long after Basil passed away, Helena found herself on an adventure with the great Indiana Jones himself. They discovered the other half of the Dial and even traveled back during the time of Siege of Syracuse. Shortly after bringing Indy back to their time, Helena found herself in more adventures. Despite her globe-trotting adventure with her godfather, Helena sought out her own fortune and glory. She and her young companion, Teddy found themselves getting into all sorts of trouble.

Unfortunately, this trouble led to another adventure across time. The young archeologist found herself trapped in an unfamiliar world. She was not trapped in the past, but found herself in our time. While technology and medicine had advanced, the young woman found that the issues of war and hatred had continued to plague mankind. She found herself alone in this unfamiliar world. Her only friend had stayed in the past. While seeking to find a way back to her time, Helena discovered that the world had changed greatly. This was an age of heroes. From billionaires flying around in metal suits to aliens from the stars above, the young adventurer was astonished by what became of the world. That astonishment faded once she had heard about Captain America. She had heard stories throughout her life about his battles with the Nazis and even HYDRA. She was disappointed in the sense that Captain Steve Rodgers had never returned to his time in the past. In her heart, Helena felt that she would be trapped here in this strange new world until the end of her days. 

Rather than be mope about the predicament that she found herself in, the young adventurer decided to make the most of it. She would continue her pursuits for fortune and glory in this vastly changing universe. In her search for fortune, the young archeologist learned of a professor that had studied under her late godfather and another professor by the name of Dr. Trevor Bruttenholm. This professor had found the location to a relic that was lost in history. This relic was the one of three pieces that formed a crown that held power over the mystical Golden Army. Helena was intrigued by the thought of this ancient relic. She thought the idea of the Golden Army was nothing more than a silly fairytale, despite the ever-changing world around her and all that she had seen. A small smirk formed on the side of Helena's cheek at the thought of what that piece of the golden crown would bring on the black market.

After finding the Professor in Ireland, Helena followed Dr. Mignola to an airport. The professor kept the piece of the crown in a secured case gripped tightly in his hand. While sitting back in her seat on the plane, she kept a watchful eye on Dr. Mignola. Despite his exhaustion, he had that case gripped tightly in his hands the entire flight. His gaze barely broke away as the plane flew over the oceans. Helena found it fascinating this Professor was certainly dedicated to his recent discovery. It was the same type of dedication that she had seen in her father and Indiana. While keeping a watchful eye on the Professor, Helena enjoyed a glass of champagne and leaned back in her seat. She figured that it would be a while before she could find the right opportunity to take the case without being noticed. Helena's brown eyes wandered around the cabin while many thoughts raced through her mind. Perhaps there would be an opportunity in New York to take the piece of the crown. 

After the plane landed, Dr. Mignola met with some colleagues at the airport. Rather than heading for the university or even his apartment complex, he went to a storage facility. Helena was able to keep a safe distance away to see the Professor lock the crown up in one of the storage units. The young adventurer took to the shadows as Dr. Mignola has left the facility behind. She then quietly sauntered toward the storage unit. "Damn..." She muttered under her breath while her dark brown eyes looked over the lock on the storage unit. She realized that would need to find a way to break into the unit. With a sigh, she walked away from the unit. Helena would have to return later with the right tools to break into the unit. After walking outside of the facility, the cold winter air pressed against her cheeks. She looked around in all directions as memories of New York came flooding in her mind. She shook her head as thoughts of Indiana Jones started flashing through her head. Helena had a funny feeling that she could not quite shake off. 

The young archeologist was able to acquire tools to break into the unit. While heading back to the storage facility, the young woman heard sirens in the background. She watched as people raced to the edge of the street and looked up at the skies above. Suddenly, a figure in red and blue swung high above the streets. Her dark brown eyes widened as she realized she had just seen the Amazing Spider-Man swinging over the crowds. She heard someone shout that there was an apartment complex that had become engulfed in flames, and the hero was heading there to help anyone that he could. Helena paused for a moment by what she just witnessed and then continued on. To her surprise, the storage facility was close to the apartment complex that had caught fire. With a few more curses under her breath, Helena felt it was best to wait until morning to break into the storage unit.  She had hoped that the emergency vehicles would be long gone by then. 

With the early morning, news came of the passing of Dr. Mignola. While Helena felt that it was an unfortunate tragedy, she knew that it would be the perfect opportunity to break into his storage unit and take the crown piece. She certainly had to do it before authorities came for the storage unit. "Blast!" She grumbled under her breath after prying open the storage unit door. No wonder the dear old professor felt comfortable leaving the piece behind in that storage unit. He had rigged it with different traps and combination locks. With her experiences with treasure hunting, the young archeologist was able to disarm some of the traps but the hardest thing to do was to decipher the combination locks. It took several hours but she was able to open the safe. She sighed while wiping away a line of sweat from her forehead. As a smile formed across her cheeks, Helena reached into the safe and wrapped her finger the crown piece. 

"Lovely..." She muttered while placing the crown piece in her bag. After stumbling back, she heard voices from outside the storage unit. Helena's eyes peered out from within the storage unit and her brown eyes widened with shock. She saw that same red and blue superhero from the night before. The thing that caused a chill to run down her spine was the creature standing at the other end of the hallway. It was a pale creature with long white hair. She gasped as the pale creature charged toward the Spider-Man with an unusual looking sword.

"I believe that is my cue to leave." Helena whispered while starting to run in the opposite direction. She could hear the grunts and chaos from the battle between Spider-Man and the pale creature. After running down into the lobby and making her way into the cold winter air, she almost screamed by the crashing sound of glass from above. Spider-Man and the pale creature crashed onto the ground. The pale creature slowly pushed himself up, but he soon became entangled in webs. With police sirens blaring in the distance, Helena was able to disappear into an alleyway. After looking over her contacts, she realized that she could sell the piece at auction in Morocco.

"I haven't been to Morocco in ages!" Helena chuckled. "Hopefully, I won't run unto Jonesy this time."

Meanwhile...

After learning of Nuada's defeat at the hands of the Spider-Man, Maleficent was overcome by rage. Her blood boiled while her hands shook with anger. She had sent Diablo to the storage facility to see if he could find the piece of the crown. Once her trusted raven returned with the news of the missing piece, the Mistress of Evil unleashed an unsettling scream. Her rage soon subsided once she learned that the piece was not in the hands of any of the Council's enemies. From one of her sources that deals in rare antiques, the crown piece was taken by a woman and to be auctioned off on the black market. With the magic instilled in the crown, Maleficent was unable to track down the rare piece. Despite this setback, the Mistress of Evil had resources all over the world that could help her in obtaining the second crown piece. With her dark magic, the Dark Fairy casted a spell to summon an ally that could assist her in retrieving the crown piece. 

As the room filled with bright green flames, a figure appeared out of smoke. The figure collapsed to her knees and started looking around in all directions. This woman took several steady breaths as her dark eyes met the Mistress of Evil. With a swift movement, the dark woman with blonde hair took out a karambit blade. She lunged at the Dark Fairy with the blade gripped tightly in her hand. Maleficent chuckled as she raised her hand and a green smoke wrapped around the woman. The blonde-haired woman, was trapped in the green smoke. Maleficent circled around her as her sinister laugh started to fade away. She glanced into the dark brown eyes of the woman with the karambit blade.

"No need for violence, Ms. Braddock." Maleficent giggled. "At least not yet, anyway."

"What do you want, Maleficent? Why am I here?" Jo growled as she struggled to break free from Maleficent's magic.

"I need to acquire your services." Maleficent replied with a sickening smile. 

"You could have just sent a text." Jo replied.

"And take away from this delightful interaction." Maleficent said as she waved her through the air. 

Jo stumbled back as the green smoke faded. She slowly put her karambit blade back into her knife's sheath. "What do you want?!" She snapped with a piercing gaze.

"Well, well... You certainly are an angry one..." Maleficent chuckled. "I need you to track down a thief and retrieve what is rightfully mine." 

"What did this thief take from you?" Jo asked.

"That is none of your concern, I'm afraid. My sources have informed me that her name is Helena Shaw and she is going to try and auction off my property to the highest bidder." Maleficent replied.

"I kind of need to know what I am taking back for you, Mistress...." Jo said with a smirk. "Or I may not be able to get the right piece of property."

"Huh... Very well then... She took a gold piece that is part of a crown. Kill her and take the piece back. Then I will reward you with a great many treasures." Maleficent replied.

"Where do I find this Ms. Helena?" Jo asked.

"She was last seen in New York City. My understanding is that she is trying to leave the country. Make sure that does not happen." Maleficent replied.

"As you wish, Mistress." Jo said with a grin.

Within the City that Never Sleeps, Jo Braddock found herself surrounded by holiday shoppers. She could feel the disgust deep in the pit of her stomach as she walked past the mindless crowds. After receiving a new job from that witch, Braddock had set her sights on a penthouse that she had in Manhattan. She was going to reach out to her contacts across the city in hopes that she could track down this Helena Shaw before she escaped the city. As she walked through the street, she could hear news broadcasts from within surrounding businesses about the recent heroics of Spider-Man. The mercenary rolled her eyes at the mention of the Webcrawler as she pushed herself through the holiday crowds. Despite the frigid cold temperatures, she saw several New Yorkers dressed as different costumed vigilantes. The mercenary shook her head while heading to her penthouse. She knew that she would have to be discreet to not gain the attention of one of these costumed freaks. 

After walking into her penthouse, Braddock pressed the buttons on the remote. The news played in the background as she walked into the kitchen. She put on a pot of coffee while she waited for a phone call from her contacts in the city. It was not long until her phone started ringing. She was told that her target was found in the city and her location was sent to Jo’s phone. A cold smile formed across Braddock’s face as she rose to her feet. The mercenary walked back out into the cold streets. Jo followed the coordinates to the docks on the other end of the city. She could hear construction nearby and caught of glimpse of some of the construction. While heading toward the docks, she saw the outline of a woman up ahead. The woman turned and glanced back at Jo. Their eyes met for a moment. Jo grunted as the woman ran off into the construction. 

“Damn!” The mercenary hissed as she started chasing after Helena Shaw. The cold temperatures pressed against her skin. Her dark eyes scanned in all directions as she tried to find her target. She then saw Helena running into the construction area. The docks were close by and there was a boat waiting by the docks. Braddock had to stop Helena before she escaped on the boat.  

This is not a straight up fight. Helena Shaw is trying to escape Jo Braddock in a construction zone and get to the boat at the docks. Jo Braddock is kill Helena and retrieve the crown piece.  

Helena Shaw has a bag with one of the crown pieces to the Golden Army, tools, and a taser. 

Jo Braddock has her two karambit knives.  

I was watching Dial of Destiny and just couldn't get through it. I wanted to and it just wasn't doing it for me.

Anyway- I think Braddock can catch Shaw. She's got some physicality but they didn't make her a full on girl boss that could beat up fifty dudes and all that unless she did it after I stopped watching.

Good character use too.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Pizzaguy2995
5.00 - Culwych1

FPA Calculation:
2 Total Votes cast
10.00 Total Combined Score
10.00 / 2 = 5.00 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 4
Jo Braddock: 3