Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Match 19669 Ignis vs. Sanji

JohnnyChany

THE NEXUS BAR PART 6

image.jpeg.aac1e1f7706622a999c20e264a5b6068.jpeg

Sanji and Ignis both walked into an office in the back area of the Nexus Bar. There were two open chairs waiting for them facing an empty desk with a speaker on top of it.

SANJI: I’m not sure if I am in the right place?

IGNIS: What brings you here?

SANJI: I’m here for an interview.

IGNIS: As am I. Perhaps we are here early.

Both men sat down in the empty chairs in front of them. Ignis expected Sanji to put out the cigarette he was currently smoking, but Sanji continued. A voice emerged from the speaker on the desk.

WELCOME SANJI VINSMOKE AND IGNIS SCIENTA, YOU ARE THE TWO FINALISTS FOR OUR HEAD CHEF JOB AT THE NEXUS BAR. WE HAVE THUS FAR BEEN UNABLE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN THE BOTH OF YOU SO WE WANTED TO BRING YOU BOTH IN SO WE CAN RECORD A Q&A FOR OUR BOARD MEMBERS. FIRST OFF THE MOST IMPORTANT THING, TELL ME YOUR CULINARY STORY AND ABOUT THE FOOD YOU PREPARE

SANJI: You can just call me Sanji. Spending most of my life at sea, I specialize in seafood. Before being the primary chef of the Straw Hat Pirates, I worked at the Baratie in the East Blue with “Red Leg” Zeff, former captain of the Cook Pirates. It is my goal in life to find the All Blue, a cook’s paradise where I will find fish that have never been seen and spices that have never been tasted. My number one philosophy is that we should never waste food.

IGNIS: Recently, I traveled with the Prince of Insomnia and two other companions all over the world. I collected ingredients from every corner of our journey and constantly created new recipes. These recipes included steaks, soups, fish, curry, skewers, a wide variety of meals inspired by a wide variety of regional culinary influences.

SANJI: My abilities go far beyond just grilling some fish. Even pirates wanting to kill me admit that my Traditional Seafood Rice is the best they have ever tasted. Making it a staple of the Nexus Bar would be a no brainer.

IGNIS: Many of my meals aren’t just simply for sustenance, they also contain restorative abilities and buffs for whomever is lucky enough to eat them.

SANJI: That’s not special, my Hormone Soup with Sea Pork restores vitality and strength to all who drink it. 

IGNIS: My Fried Tide Grouper makes you stronger, My Excellent Oven-Toasted Trout makes you stronger, more durable, and briefly flameproof. My Oak-Smoked Devil Gar makes you more durable and briefly gives you immunity to fire, ice, and lightning damage. I could go on, but I believe I have made my point.

SANJI: Sounds like Ignis puts a higher priority on granting the eater of his dishes special abilities and less on making sure they are the best dishes they ever tasted. The food we serve here is for the experience of coming to the Nexus Bar, right? We are not preparing them for war. We are stimulating their taste buds!

IGNIS: I stand by the taste of my dishes. I am sure anyone who has consumed my cooking would agree. Also, We live in a dangerous nexus reality. There is nothing wrong with always being prepared. 

SPEAKING OF BEING PREPARED, THE NEXUS BAR HAS HAD MULTIPLE INFRACTIONS OF FIGHTS BREAKING OUT. ARE YOU ABLE TO HELP OUT, STEP IN AND ENSURE THE SAFETY OF OUR OTHER PATRONS

IGNIS: Absolutely. I spent most of my formative years in the kingdom of Insomnia as a member of Prince Noctis Lucis Caelum’s royal retinue. I was his primary driver, chef, and I was tasked with protecting him when the situation called for it. I am proficient in the use of daggers and polearms and have vast experience in combat against fiends, both large and small,  and military personnel.

SANJI: That is nothing. Sailing around with the Strawhat Crew I have faced off against pirates, marines, fishmen, and all manner of sea beasts. Many of our adversaries wielded abilities that you wouldn’t even believe.

IGNIS: What weapons do you use?

SANJI: My feet I never use my hands because they are my most valuable tools as a chef. I’m sure the Nexus Bar would appreciate not having to worry about their head chef breaking one of his hands.

IGNIS: A commendable desire, but very impractical.

SANJI: It has worked for me!

BOTH OF YOU COME FROM GROUPS THAT HAD TO RELY ON EACH OTHER TO SURVIVE. TO THAT I END I ASSUME YOU BOTH KNOW THE IMPORTANCE OF TEAMWORK AND HOW ESSENTIAL IT IS TO OUR SUCCESS AS AN ENTERPRISE. CAN YOU SPEAK ON THAT?

IGNIS. Yes. I pride myself on being a team player and a pillar of professionalism I don’t believe Mr. Vinsmoke can say the same.

SANJI: What!?!? Why would you say that?

IGNIS: I saw him earlier staring at the friendly bartender you have working out front, Miss Tifa Lockhart. I even witnessed blood spurting from his nose. Such inappropriate and creepy behavior has no business in the workplace.

SANJI: Now wait a minute! There is nothing wrong with appreciating a woman’s beauty. Tifa is gorgeous and pretending otherwise is an insult to the eye and to the brain! With that said, I would never cross the line and make her feel uncomfortable in any way. The Straw Hat pirates is a lcollection of men and women, and we all get along all the time, mostly.

IGNIS: The breadth of what a pervert deems appropriate is both vast and dubious.You owe it to your staff to keep him as far away as possible.

SANJI: You want to say that again!?!

IGNIS: I said the staff of the Nexus Bar, particularly the women, would be best served if you weren’t in their ranks. Their lungs would also be safe from your vile smoking.

SANJI: That’s the last straw, four eyes!! Do you want to step outside?!?

GENTLEMEN PLEASE, THERE IS NO NEED FOR A FIGHT. I HAVE ALL THE INFORMATION I NEED. I WILL SEND THIS INTERVIEW TO THE BOARD FOR A VOTE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

So for anyone unsure about this contest, what you are voting on is who would be the best chef for a bar that hosts all sorts of highly skilled and volatile people. Cooking skill, fighting skill, and ability to work with others have been deemed as important traits for this position.