Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 19575 Santa Claus vs. Voldemort

Macklemore

Flying high in the sky, Santa looked down at his list and smiled. "The Wizard World is next, huh? They don't seem to have many naughties by my calculations, all of them seem to be doing everything properly and living their life to the fullest. Isn't that nice, Rudolph?" he asked the reindeer frontmost of the sleigh. "Lead me down to Hogsmeade Village, I need to make one more trek to a wizard shop for something that one of the Weasleys want. I think they deserve a little bit more than what they currently have, don't you think?" Santa said, prepping his body for the anticipated yet sudden landing.

"Wait for me here, I'll be right back," says Santa as he walks toward a wizard shop. Santa Claus felt more at home in the wizarding part of the world, the need to hide was not present as wizard and witches did not have the same reaction to seeing him as normal people did. Unfortunately, that proved to be the wrong move.

Walking across the empty Hogsmeade Village, he realized that something was wrong. Many of the people were moving around fast and staring directly at the ground, not looking left nor right. "Aren't you feeling the Christmas spirit?" Santa asked, holding a random person back, stopping him dead in his tracks. "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named is here. Don't let him see me, please," said the man, moving past Santa as if he wasn't even there.

Almost on queue, Voldemort and the Death Eaters appeared, walking through Hogsmeade Village as if they owned the place. Santa didn't know what to do, but he knew he needed to stop this display of arrogance in any way he could. "Voldemort," he said out loud, unintentionally causing every person in the center of the village to focus their attention on him and the Death Eaters, "what brings you out of your pit of despair on this joyous day?" asks Santa.

Angered by Santa's ignorance of his power, Voldemort pulls out his wand and points it at Santa. "Cru-," his call for the Cruciatus Curse is cut short by Santa throwing a candy cane directly at Voldemort, pushing his wand out of his hands.

The center of Hogsmeade Village was bustling and filled with astonishment, as an unusual face-off was about to unfold. The villagers looked in amazement as the world's happiest man in a thick coat of red and green faced the darkest wizard of all time, who was shrouded in black. Santa Claus vs. Lord Voldemort, the merriment of Christmas against the aura of darkness.

Santa emerged from the snow filled street, his jolly laughter echoing through the air. He was resilient, his face full of robustness and his eyes twinkling with Christmas spirit. In his hand, he carried a staff cleverly crafted from a pine tree, it's smooth surface studded with baubles from his tree back at the North Pole.

On the other hand, the cold calmness of Voldemort could not be overlooked. His stoic face and ghostly paleness contrasted heavily against the saturated colors surrounding him. He held a staff made from the roots of a dark Elder tree, bare and ominous.

As the match started, both Santa and Voldemort circled each other, their eyes locked in a standoff. Santa was quick and agile. He was leaning heavily on his strength and decades of experience that came from delivering billions of gifts annually in a night to the children around the world.

Voldemort, with the agility of a snake- a result of his affinity with Nagini, tried to corner Santa. However, Santa bobbed and weaved with the agility and lightness one would not expect from a man of his proportions. His strength lay not just in his muscles but his profound positivity and undying holiday spirit.

Santa started to gain the upper hand, his physicality surprising Voldemort. Each merry laugh from Santa seemed to hit Voldemort like a physical force, the cheer and happiness contained therein too pure, too powerful for any form of darkness.

As Voldemort grimaced under this assault of cheer, Santa took his chance, nudging Voldemort lightly with his pine staff. Caught off guard by the jolly frolic and by the unexpected strength of Santa, Voldemort stumbled backward. His death eaters watched in shock as their leader struggled against the cheer-filled resistance.

Voldemort regained his footing, his sneer more intense. He, however, looked slightly shaken. For a long moment, the hushed crowd watched as the two mythical figures squared off again. The tension in the air was palpable.

Good set-up, Macklemore. This looks like a good take on Santa's goodness against Voldemort's inherent evil. I haven't seen the Harry Potter films yet, though, so I don't think I'd know enough about Voldemort to vote on this one. 

• Like 1

Somehow I think Santa’s got this. Your write-up seems to indicate that St. Nick is toying with Voldemort, who’s slowly losing his nerve as he realizes how powerful the jolly old elf truly is. 

Very interesting idea for a match though, and you’re write up really makes it work.

• Like 1