Ogra: 3

Rumble 20532 Shark Boy and Lava Girl vs. Freddy Krueger
MATCH SCORE
Shark Boy and Lava Girl: 4
Freddy Krueger: 3

Match 19395 Sebastian (Disney) vs. Tamatoa

JohnnyChany

image.jpeg.597fb3f637ba197c23e0de787abc3f0f.jpeg

The Disney backed “Animals Got Talent” was on the horizon. Executive producer and host, Kermit the Frog, associate producer, Scooter, along with backstage interviewers, Gonzo the Great and Rizzo the Rat sat around a large wooden table to strategize for the highly anticipated talent show.

“Shouldn’t the judges participate in this production meeting?” asked Gonzo.

“We thought about it, but the less Miss Piggy, Rowlf, and Dr. Teeth know about the contestants the better. That way their reactions will be more genuine for the audience,” Kermit reasoned.

“I’m only going to ask this once, but are we sure this is a good idea?” Rizzo questioned.

Kermit was puzzled. “What do you mean?”

“It’s really chaotic out there with that many Disney animal characters running around. Even for us it might be a little much,” Rizzo responded.

“Mickey came to me personally and asked that we spearhead this special. He said everyone around the magic kingdom has a deep respect and appreciation for the Muppet presentation. And I think we should capitalize on any opportunity that comes our way to put on a good show,” explained Kermit.

“Rumor on the internet was that you volunteered to host it because it was the only way to get Fozzie a spot on the show,”  Rizzo said softly.

The room grew quiet.

Rizzo chuckled uncomfortably. “Not that I believed it for a second. Who listens to the internet, right?”

Gonzo looked over the list of acts for the show. “I personally love the chaos, but if we are worried about being overwhelmed we should streamline the amount of acts we are putting on stage.”

“How would we do that?” Scooter wondered.

“By eliminating any repetitive acts. That way the audience is always seeing something new and fresh,” Gonzo suggested.

“Gonzo, that….. That makes sense.” Kermit paused. “What should we consider repetitive though. Two different animals doing similar things?”

“No. No. I mean the same type of animal doing the same thing. Look at this here. There are two singing crabs listed here,” Gonzo pointed out.

“Two singing crabs?” Kermit repeated incredulously.

“Yes sir.” Scooter grabbed the list back from Gonzo. “Sebastian and Tamatoa.”

“What do they sing?”

“Sebastian is famous for his caribbean infused party number, “Under the Sea”. He appears to have a band of fish playing instruments and some fish as instruments. It’s pretty neat. I think it will be a good act. \ Tamatoa has a different sound. He is known for his song, “Shiny”, in which he spends the entirety of the song either bragging about how dazzling he looks or ‘dragging the demigod Maui’ as the kids would say.”

“Is it a rap diss track?” asked Rizzo.

“Oh no, no. Think much more David Bowie not so much Eminem,” answered Scooter.

Rizzo stood on his chair. “I’ve got an idea. How about we pit them against each other for a spot on the show. We could do it with any other animals of the same species with overlapping talents, as well. We could use these preliminaries as previews to excite the audience and drive interest for the show. Whoever the fans pick makes it on to the main show.”

“That’s a great idea, Rizzo. Let’s start with these two,” Kermit declared.

Gonzo pulled out his phone to look up Tamatoa, who he was less familiar with. “Whoa, this guy has a total glam rock crab vibe going on, I dig it.” 

Kermit leaned over to look at the picture and gasped. “Is that picture to scale?!?”

Gonzo shrugged. “I assume so.”

“He is ginormous!”

Scooter spoke up. “Why yes, Tamatoa comes from the realm of monsters. He is by far and away one of the largest Disney animal characters to audition for the show.”

Kermit panicked. “Our stage is nowhere near large enough to accommodate him.”

“Oh right. That could be a problem,” Scooter admitted.

Kermit waved his arms around dramatically. “We have work to do!”