Team Fortress 2: 0
Inhumanoids: 3

Tournament - Juggernaut vs. Mr. Incredible
MATCH SCORE
Juggernaut: 10
Mr. Incredible: 0

Match 19352 Batman vs. Sherlock Holmes

Macklemore

In the frigid and snow-bound depths of the Himalayas, atop the unreached pinnacle of the world – Mount Everest — two of history's greatest minds gather for an unmissable showdown. Braving the treacherous climb and depriving frosts, Batman of Gotham and Sherlock Holmes of 221B Baker Street step onto the apex of the Earth. Not to fight, but to undertake a contest of wits.

Preparation had been meticulous. Both opponents spent a week in solitude, honing their strategies, familiarizing themselves with each other's areas of expertise. Batman huddled in the Batcave, studying the enigmatic world of mysteries Sherlock had so valiantly and ingeniously solved. Meanwhile, Holmes cloistered himself in Baker Street, pouring over volumes detailing the scientific advances of Gotham, the distinct rogue's gallery of the Bat's enemies, and the countless battle tactics and strategies Batman had devised over his vigilante years.

The rules were simple. A game of questions. The participant who answered fastest with the most accurate response, wins. The victor earns bragging rights across the globe, the greatest intellect under the sun.

As the violent winds howled, both men, wrapped in thick cloaks, pen and paper at hand, stood ready at the summit.

"Given the behaviour and vocal utterance of a common Lytta Vesicatoria, how would you deduce it had been in contact with the Mad Hatter's neuro-altering tea?" Batman began, the question crashing into the fierce gales.

Sherlock, unfazed, jotted down his response: the subtle changes in phosphoric glow, irregular vibration patterns emanating from its wings and slightly altered humming sound frequency indicative of the Hatter's tea.

Satisfied, Batman nodded, "Correct," passing the turn to Holmes.

Sherlock, a thin smile on his lips, shot back, "In a scene of a typical Gotham crime, what is my first step in deducing the perpetrator if the only evidence left was a single strand of hair?"

Batman, swiftly put down, Sherlock's sequential deduction steps: Identify the hair type, then compare with criminal databases correlated with recent increased activity. If inconclusive, microscopic study to determine any anomalies, then trace sources based on any found anomalies.

Holmes nodded, impressed, acknowledging the accuracy. Back and forth the questions flew, from the obscurity of Gotham's criminals to the intricacies of London's underbelly. The sub-zero atmosphere did little to quell the fiery battle of intellect raging at the world's end.

After hours of relentless cross-questioning, it was clear they were equally versed in one another's arts.

In the end, it came down to the last set of questions. The chilling winds softened, as though the forces of nature itself yearned to hear the final query. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The idea behind this battle is, I wish to know if given an week to study each others cases, which one would be the one to come out with bragging rights over the other? Would it be Batman, who would prove to Sherlock that he knows all his tricks and cases inside and out, or would it be Sherlock, who would prove to Batman that he knows the way his rogues gallery operates as well as the way Batman operates?

To dumb it down, my question is, which one of these characters would know more about the other given a week to study each other?

On 7/25/2023 at 3:21 AM, Pizzaguy2995 said:

I honestly think Sherlock would win. Bats is good but he doesn’t have quite the ability to know an opponent inside and out from a glance like Sherlock does. I just see Holmes being able to learn more in quicker time then Batman.

I would agree if it was on the spot, but the one week gives Batman the advantage. Not only is that the kind of prep time that Batman thrives in, but Batman also has far more resources for this kind of studying. Sherlock would win if it was like an hour to study the opponent, but in a week, Batman's Superior resources, connections, and experience with this kind of character studying is going to give him the win I think

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I would agree if it was on the spot, but the one week gives Batman the advantage. Not only is that the kind of prep time that Batman thrives in, but Batman also has far more resources for this kind of studying. Sherlock would win if it was like an hour to study the opponent, but in a week, Batman's Superior resources, connections, and experience with this kind of character studying is going to give him the win I think

Pretty much this. Sherlock doesn't have anything like the Bat - Computer. 

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.00 - patrickthekid
4.30 - Pizzaguy2995
4.80 - IKA
5.00 - StormChaser
5.00 - Boratz

FPA Calculation:
5 Total Votes cast
23.10 Total Combined Score
23.10 / 5 = 4.62 Final Rating on the match