Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 19320 Ghostbusters vs. Maleficent

Boratz

Peering down with bright fiery green eyes, the dragon scoffed at the mere thought of Prince Phillip. With all his strength, he hurled his sword at the colossal beast. The valiant prince hoped his blade would be worthy enough in defeating the wicked foe. He hoped that the enchantment that the fairies had placed on his sword of truth would prove to be accurate in that evil would die and good would endure. As the sword pierced into the chest of the wicked creature, Maleficent lunged toward the brave prince with what strength she could muster. Prince Phillip jumped high into the air and evaded the dark fairy's final attack. The ground beneath the dragon crumbled and gave way beneath her. Prince Phillip was able to jump onto the edge of the cliff as Maleficent’s body fell into the valley beneath the cliff. Green flames engulfed her as she fell deep into the dark abyss below. When the brave prince peered down at the bottom of the cliff, he could that black thorns surrounded his sword. To his surprise, there was no sign of his hellish foe.   

While gazing down at his enchanted Sword of Truth, there was a glimmer of hope within the brave prince that he vanquished the evil Maleficent once and for all. After slaying the wretched beast, Prince Phillip was able to muster his remaining strength for his journey back to kingdom of King Stefan. Sauntering through the wounded kingdom, the courageous prince made his way to the beauty that was cursed to eternal sleep from the prick of a spindle. Memories of her precious voice rang in his ears while he gazed down upon the woman that had captured his heart. With true love’s kiss, the brave prince leaned down to kiss the cold lips of the sleeping beauty. The wicked curse that had been placed on the lovely princess had been broken as a warm magic radiated through her body. Strength returned to her as she slowly opened her eyes. Her beautiful eyes gazed upon the valiant prince and a smile formed across her soft cheeks. Princess Aurora was finally reunited with her family and married the one that had saved her life.    

All was well with the kingdom as Aurora and Phillip began their lives together. Life had begun to flourish once again as darkness had faded away. With the sunrise, light had spread across the lands. This sunrise brought a sense of hope and happiness for all that lived within the kingdom. Little did the world know but the darkness was not truly vanquished. Before the fire within the dragon had faded, she made a vow to the stars in the sky. The Mistress of All Evil cursed the world around that she would return one day from the depths of hell itself. She would reign over the highest kingdoms and cover the world in darkness. Before her body vanished, she made a vow to the heavens and the earth that she would have her vengeance on this world. Her reign would spread from the highest peaks and to the lowest valleys. The Mistress of All Evil vowed that she would return with all the powers of hell itself to take this world for her own.   

Days had turned to weeks, and weeks had turned to centuries. As centuries had passed, the story of Aurora became a simple children's tale. Many had heard the legend of Sleeping Beauty and the evil Maleficent. Throughout the years, the tale had been written into books and children’s stories. In the years since that fateful day, the world had forgotten about the Mistress of All Evil. The world had forgotten the magic that once dwelt within the lands and the darkness that once took hold of it. Centuries after the events of Sleeping Beauty, the kingdom of King Stefan had all but faded into mystery. A select few that had become interested in an age that was long thought forgotten had set forth to uncover the secrets that had been buried over time. Through blood, sweat, and tears; these individuals dug into the Earth in hopes of uncovering these mysteries. With tools of a modern era, these individuals uncovered a discovery that should never have been awakened. 

Digging into the Earth, a group of archeologists were searching for these very secrets. While digging in the ruins of King Stefan's former kingdom, they came upon an interesting discovery. In an area that was near the former castle, a tomb of vines had been uncovered. These vines were as black as night and the thorns that they carried were as sharp as daggers. While these creeping plants were deep within the Earth, they still fascinated this team of archeologists. They could not understand how such a plant could survive under the planet's surface for this long. While digging deeper into the Earth, their hopes were that they would fine something greater than the plants themselves. Little by little, they found statues and skeletons. The deeper they dug; the stranger things had become. Ghostly apparitions appeared and vanished out of nowhere. Their very equipment would fail at the most random of times while a green foggy haze had taken to the skies.  

A strange odor had filled the air while the excavation continued. Many of the locals warned them to turn back, but the archeologists were determined to uncover the history of this land. The strange occurrences only grew worse while it seemed as if the blackened vines were moving in all directions. On one fateful night, Storm clouds had spread across the skies. One of the wretched vines had slithered toward the team of historians like an evil serpent. The vine wrapped itself around the arms and legs of one of the archeologists. Piercing into the flesh of the man, the thorns caused blood to seep down onto the ground. Rushing to help their companion, the other archeologists tore through the ruthless vines that had taken ahold of the young man. The blood that dripped onto the ground had begun to seep into the Earth itself. After breaking the young man free from the vines, bolts of lightning shot across the skies.  

While pulling the young companion away from the monstrous plants, they heard a cracking sound from within the thorns. An opening form withing the blackened vines and a green smoke started emerging out of the shadows. With the flashlights of the archeologist trained on the smoke, they saw a nightmarish outline forming. The hellish green smoke faded while the outline became clearer. A tall, pale woman with curved horns on top of her head appeared before them. Her body appeared to be skin and bone as her joints cracked into place. Little by light, her flesh expanded with new life. With her eye lids opening wide, the team could see the yellowish eyes beneath them. Blood-stained lips form across her cheeks with a sinister smile. Her hands opened with a piercing snap while reaching for a golden scepter that appeared in the creeping plants. As her strength returned once again, the Mistress of All Evil turned her wicked gaze upon the team of archeologists.  

"Well, well... You fools have awakened me!" Maleficent snickered while expanding her arms to unleash her power upon the men.  

"What has become of the world that was taken from me?" The dark fairy muttered under her breath while watching the lives of the archeologists fade into nothingness. "How much time have I lost?" 

The blacken vines began to shift, moving along a small statue that had been covered in grime. Maleficent stood over the statue and raised her arms high into the air. She chanted thunderous words that sent shock waves throughout the lands. Cracks formed in the ground around the small statue as light start to glow underneath the dirt and grime. Bursting out of the small statue, the dark raven that had served the dark fairy all those years ago had finally returned to life. Diablo gazed up into the wretched yellowish eyes of Maleficent. The wicked raven let out a frightening raspy caw while hopping up to the shoulder of Maleficent. The Mistress of All Evil let out a chuckle or two while welcoming back her former servant. While sauntering through the ancient ruins of King Stefan's kingdom, the Evil Fairy glanced around the strange new world that she found herself in. The Mistress of Evil scowled while looking upon the tools and technology left behind by the fallen archeologists.  

"For too long have we been away, Diablo. For too long has this world not seen true power." Maleficent scoffed while walking out of the dig site. The Evil Fairy shook her head and looked upon the Forbidden Mountain in the distance. "Take to the skies, my loyal servant! Go and search the kingdoms of this world for its greatest champions! I will strike them down without mercy and show this world that a new reign has come! I will raise the armies of evil to bring darkness upon all of the kingdoms of this world!" 

Diablo flapped his wings and took the skies above. The Mistress of Evil walked toward the Forbidden Mountain in hopes of raising the armies that she once had. While she sauntered across the lands, the blacken vines followed her toward the Forbidden Mountain. Soon the world would know that the Dark Fairy had returned... 

New York City 

Empire State Building 

A faint jingle played within the elevator as it ascended. With each floor that the elevator passed, the lights inside would have a slight flicker. The higher it went the more the lights flickered. The faint jingle soon faded while the elevator shook violently. Soon one of the men inside the elevator started to hum the chorus of the jingle while the others inside tried to prepare themselves for what was about to come. A line of sweat rolled down the spine of one of the chunkier men, while another one of the men with a dark mustache started mumbling something under his breath. The fourth man had large circular glasses over his eyes. He looked over a piece of equipment that he had on his belt. The device started making a loud noise as the elevator continued to ascend to the different floors. As the elevator continued to shake, the four men knew that it would only grow worse once they reached the top of the famous skyscraper.   

After coming to a sudden stop, the men looked around at each other. While the other men glanced up at the floor number, the man with the circular glasses looked up from the device that he had in his hands and realized that they had not reached the top floor. After the elevator doors opened wide, the men steadily walked out into the floor. The man that had hummed the chorus of the elevator jingle sighed while looking back at the elevator. He glanced over at his fellow companions. The chunkier man started stumbling around while the man with the dark mustache started shaking his head. While looking over the equipment once again, the man with the circular glasses saw that the paranormal activity was fluctuating throughout different levels of the building. Suddenly, they heard the terrifying sound of the elevator falling down the shaft. The humming man rubbed his hand against his face and looked back at his team. 

"Well, I guess it's the stairs then?" Venkman asked sarcastically. 

"That is what we should have done to begin with. The readings in this place are astronomical. I did not account for the history of each floor." Egon responded. 

"So, what should we do first? Bust every ghost from here until we get to the roof?" Winston asked while crossing his arms. 

"I say we do what we came here for. Get to the top and stop the spirit up there that is causing the most trouble." Ray replied while looking up at the ceiling. 

"I agree with Ray on this one. The activity may subside once we put an end to the larger anomaly." Egon replied. 

"A simple yes would have sufficed." Venkman replied while looking at his team.  

Walking up the stairwell, the Ghostbusters could hear their equipment running crazy with all the paranormal activity. From outside the stairwell, they could hear the disembodied screams of the spirits that haunted the Empire State Building. Despite knowing that there were a wide variety of ghosts plaguing the building, they felt that Egon's hypothesis was right. They felt that if they took down the largest ghost at the very top, then the rest would vanish soon after. While they were no longer in the elevator, they could still feel the violent shakes beneath them on the stairwell. Soon they reached the top of the stairs, and Ray nodded his head at the rest of the team. He pushed the door that led the roof wide open while the rest of his companions followed close behind him. As the wind whistled in their ears a heavy breeze pushed against them. Through the breeze, they could hear a mighty roar that overtook the whistling of the wind. From the distance, Venkman could see ghostly biplanes circling around the building.  

"That is one really big monkey!" Winston exclaimed with widened eyes.  

"That is King Kong! The 8th Wonder of the World!" Ray shouted with a large grin. 

"Oh right, the monkey from the video game." Venkman said sarcastically. 

"No, no. It's King Kong! In 1933, filmmaker Carl Denham led an exhibition to Skull Island. They brought Kong back to New York. Kong escaped and then climbed up the Empire State Building with Ann Darrow. He was shot down by airplanes! Carl always said that it was beauty that killed the beast. I remember reading about it as a kid. I really wanted to go to Skull Island... That is until I heard that the island sunk to the bottom of the sea." Ray said with a large smile. 

"Yeah, that'll probably do it." Winston said while shaking his head. 

"Not as interesting as a video game, but oh well. Maybe they will make a movie about it." Venkman joked. 

"Even have ol' Kong here crossing over with Godzilla! Now that sounds like a movie!" Winston joked. 

"Winston, I think you're onto something!" Venkman replied with a smirk. 

"We can talk about movies later. Let's do what we came here for. I have calibrated all our proton packs accordingly. If my calculations are correct, the ghost trap should be able to contain it." Egon said coldly. 

Ray stepped out in front of the ghostly image of King Kong. He raised up his hand and looked over the apparition. "KING KONG! BY THE POWERS GRANTED BY NEW YORK CITY, WE HEREBY ANNOUNCE THAT YOU ARE UNDER ARREST!" 

The ghost of King Kong unleashed a spine-chilling roar that pushed Ray back onto his rear. He pushed himself up and looked back at his team. 

"That did not seem to work." Venkman said while brushing off Ray's shoulder. "Let's take this monkey down!" 

The four Ghostbusters surrounded the gigantic apparition. With their packs ready, they aimed high up at the ghostly beast. 

"I'm sorry, my friend." Ray said under his breath. 

Each Ghostbuster unleashed the powerful streams of their proton packs upon the ghostly Kong. The former king of Skull Island unleashed a terrifying scream as the streams took a hold of him. The Empire State Building shook violently as the team of Ghostbusters used all their strength to pull the large spirit down into a specialized ghost trap. With a blinding light, the ghost of King Kong was trapped inside the device. Smoke filled the air around as Ray sauntered over toward the trap. With a sorrowful look on his face, he leaned down to pick up the specialized ghost trap. Venkman walked over and patted him on the shoulder.  

"It'll be okay, Ray." Venkman sighed. 

"I know, Dr. Venkman. They say never meet your heroes and I think that is true." Ray responded. 

"I don't know who says that, but you certainly did more than meeting your hero. You kicked his ass!" Venkman joked. 

"It looks like my hypothesis was correct. The other activity has subsided." Egon said while gazing down at his scanner. 

"Let's go home, fellas! I'm not a big fan of heights!" Winston said while walking toward the door. 

While walking out the entrance of the famous skyscraper, Venkman's eyes widen, and a smile formed across his face. He raised his hands while crowds circled around. Cameras flashed while officers put up barricades around the Ghostbusters. After another successful job, the paranormal team was congratulated by the citizens of New York for their work. Venkman took in the glory while the others worked on loading up Ecto-1. Law enforcement worked on pushing back the crowds for the team to head back to their headquarters. As Venkman opened the door to the Ecto-1, he threw his hand high up in the air and gave a peace sign for the cheering crowds. Winston chuckled while shaking his head and Ray simply gazed around the surrounding crowds with bewilderment. Egon concentrated on making sure the trap was ready for transfer into the containment unit.  

The team drove through the streets of New York and past the cheering crowds. Venkman leaned back and closed his eyes. "I love this job." He muttered under his breath while thinking about all the publicity that they were getting. After arriving back at the station, the team took off their gear. Egon and Ray went to transfer the spirit of King Kong into the containment unit while Venkman flipped on the television. His eyes were glued to the screen once he realized that there was a news segment about the team.  

"If there is something strange in your neighborhood, who are you going to call? Well, I am here to tell you that I will be calling the Ghostbusters. Formed in 1984, this team of paranormal investigators have made it their mission to make this city safe. From a giant Stay Puft Marshmallow Man to a river of ooze, they have seen it all. Tonight, we have witnessed another one of their brilliant battles against the ghost of King Kong. Yes, you heard me correctly. The giant ape of the 1933 incident, once again caused havoc for the citizen of New York. These brave men confronted the spirit and put an end to the terror. So, for the people of New York, we owe this fine group of men a great debt of gratitude. We thank you for your service, Ghostbusters. You are our heroes. You are the champions of New York!" 

The Next Morning 

"Hey!" A New York vendor shouted while watching a black bird swoop down from the skies to snatch up one of his newspapers. The raven flew high up in the air with the newspapers gripped tightly in its claws. Flying over the city, the wicked bird had a task to finish. Diablo was tasked with finding the champions of this world, and finally found them in the City that Never Sleeps. Since given that task by the Mistress of Evil, the dark raven searched high and low for champions. Finally, he was able to bring this news to the Evil Fairy. Flying as fast as he could, the wicked raven headed back to the Forbidden Mountain. The journey was long, but his reward would be great. Once Diablo arrived at the ruins of Maleficent's former castle, the wicked creature swooped down and dropped the paper at the feet of the dark fairy. Diablo flew up and rested upon the shoulder of the evil Mistress. With a sigh, the dark fairy reached down to pick up the paper that was brought to her by her loyal servant.  

"You have done well, my loyal Diablo! The Champions of New York! I will humiliate them in front of the world. All will know that I have returned, and all will bow before me." Maleficent hissed while setting the paper ablaze. 

The Mistress of All Evil set her sights for New York City. She was accompanied by her loyal servant while making her way across the world. In her journey across this strange new land, she grew disgusted by what she had seen. This world had grown weak in her absence, but she would see it through that her power would reign supreme. She found herself in the City of Lights. After standing in the middle of Time Square, she heard the shouts of the different mortals that surrounded her. The Evil Fairy slammed her staff against the pavement and unleashed a powerful spell on the world around.  

"I am the great and powerful Maleficent! I have come to challenge your champions!" 

Ghostbuster's Firehouse 

Despite the sun setting over the city, lights shined from all around. Outside the station, the sound of honking horns and shouting bystanders echoed throughout the neighborhood. The Ghostbusters waited for their next call to come through. Venkman and Winston were playing a round of poker while Ray was reading through some newspapers. Egon was tinkering with some of the equipment in hopes that he could improve on their gear. As they were going about their night, the alarm started to ring through the station. Ray jumped to his feet while Winston threw down his cards.  

"Pair of fours." Winston spit out. 

"Not bad... Not bad at all but cannot beat a flush!" Venkman smiled as he laid down his cards. 

"You must be cheating!" Winston exclaimed as he rose to his feet. 

"With how long you have known me, you really think I would cheat?" Venkman asked sarcastically. 

"Hell, yeah I do!" Winston exclaimed before heading to put on his gear.  

Ray, Winston, and Venkman suited up in their gear while Egon sauntered into the room. He had just gotten off the phone after being briefed on what was happening. 

"What is it, Egon?" Ray asked. 

"An entity calling itself Maleficent. She is causing trouble on Time Square." Egon replied while putting on his gear. 

"Hmm, Time Square you say? That will definitely make the headlines again." Venkman smirked. 

"Wait... You are telling me that the apparition is called Maleficent?" Winston asked with a stern look. 

"Yes? Have you heard of her before?" Egon asked with a blank expression. 

Winston looked over the rest of his team, who seemed clueless to who the Dark Fairy was. 

"Yeah... Sleeping Beauty! Maleficent! You know cursed the princess to sleep forever, and then turned into a giant dragon!" Winston responded while the rest of his team still seemed highly confused. "That Disney cartoon movie?"  

"Well, I usually like to wake up to a sleeping beauty in the mornings." Venkman said with a childish grin. 

"Oh, forget it! You guys could use some time away from all that science mumbo jumbo!" Winston said as he threw out his hands. 

The team loaded up into the Ecto-1. They sped through the streets with the sirens blazing. After arriving at Time Square, they saw that the streets were covered in black vines.  

"This looks promising." Venkman mumbled. 

The men got out of the vehicle and started approaching the center of Time Square. They saw the outline of the tall pale woman with long sharp horns. Glaring back at the Ghostbusters, a sinister smile formed across the cheeks of the Mistress of All Evil. Ray started approaching the wicked fairy with his hand held up. 

"Maleficent... good evening. As a duly designated representative of the City, County and State of New York, I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forth to your place of origin or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension." Ray said with a confident tone. 

"Well, well... Are you the champions of these mortals?" Maleficent asked.  

Ray glanced back at his team and then cleared his throat. "Yes! Yes, we are the champions!"  

"Then I will destroy you with all of my power!" Maleficent roared as she raised her arms high up in the air. 

"Here we go again!" Winston yelled. 

"Let's take care of this chick already! I'm bored!" Venkman shouted. 

"Agreed." Egon said with a blank look while lifted his proton blaster. 

Ghostbusters – consist of Dr. Peter Venkman, Dr. Ray Stanz, Dr. Egon Spangler, and Winston Zeddemore. They have all the gear that they have used in the original 2 movies. 

Maleficent is at full power.  

Very nicely written Boratz! You really got the personality and fun of the Ghostbusters down to a T!

I am a bit nervous about the GB chances against Maleficent though. Aren’t their gadgets designed to trap ghosts and not evil fairies? Just not sure if they’re equipped to handle the Mistress of all Evil.

16 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Very nicely written Boratz! You really got the personality and fun of the Ghostbusters down to a T!

I am a bit nervous about the GB chances against Maleficent though. Aren’t their gadgets designed to trap ghosts and not evil fairies? Just not sure if they’re equipped to handle the Mistress of all Evil.

Thanks Pizzaguy! 

I would be nervous but they were able to take on Gozer. So, maybe their gear could do the trick. Then again, Gozer had a different kind of powerset than Malificent

I'm nervous for the Ghostbusters too. I want to give it to them, but I just don't think they are truly equipped to battle a sorceress. Gozer would stomp Maleficent but they have faced similar power level enemies throughout the cartoon which at least early on was cannon between the first and second movies. But I just can't do it. She's outside their sphere of adversary.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.00 - broadwaybeyonder
5.00 - Pizzaguy2995

FPA Calculation:
2 Total Votes cast
9.00 Total Combined Score
9.00 / 2 = 4.50 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Ghostbusters: 3
Maleficent: 2