Killjoy: 2
The Leprechaun: 0

Rumble 20545 Team Fortress 2 vs. Inhumanoids
MATCH SCORE
Team Fortress 2: 0
Inhumanoids: 3

Match 19301 Pandora vs. The Eight Legged Freaks

Pandora vs The Eight Legged Freaks

The forests of Pandora hold many dangers. But the dangerous part of Pandora, is that you might grow to love it too much. It’s been 16 years since we sent the Sky People back to Earth, 16 years since I left the only life I ever knew to become part of Pandora. Can’t say I have any regrets. I have a family now; Neytiri the love of my life, Neteyam, Lo’ak, Tuk, Kiri, and Spider, our children. Words could not describe how happy I was during that time. But the thing about happiness… It can vanish in a heartbeat! When I first saw that new star in the night sky I feared that the Sky People had finally returned. Turns out, it was something MUCH worse.

(The night sky of Pandora lit up like a bonfire as the new star in the sky took the shape of a giant meteor! And with a great big boom the great big space rock slammed into the planet’s surface, instantly destroying everything within a 15 mile radius and sending shockwaves that could be felt even longer away. But the worst was still to come, as at ground zero something began emerging from the remains of the meteor. Eight pairs legs managed to pull out a body roughly the size of a human from the rubble, and the creature took a moment to examined it’s surroundings with it’s eight eyes before letting out a blood curdling scream, signaling hundreds more of it’s kind to rise from the debris.)

The Na’vi had never seen anything like these creatures before, and took to calling them the “Vol’Kinam Hiyik”, which roughly translates to Eight Legged Freak. Course the few remaining humans like myself recognized giant spiders when we see them, the question was where did they come from, how’d they get so big or what the hell were they doing in that meteor? Wish I had an answer to those questions, one thing was certain though: once they arrived they moved fast, reproduced fast, and ate fast. 

(The jungles of Pandora filled to the brim with horrifying shrieks as countless animals fell prey to the invasive species! Scenes were shown of herbivores like Direhorses and Angtsik being run down and devoured by the giant spiders, flying animals like the Mountain and Forest Banshee being ambushed at their nests or caught in ginormous webs, and even apex predators like the Thanator and the Great Leonopteryx were not able to halt the swarm of thousands of Eight Legged Freaks all chopping at the bits to devour anything in sight.) 

These freaks spread across the continent like Old Testament locust, eating anything in their way, and turning miles of jungle into giant webs! Within weeks nearly half the continent was considered their territory and dozens of native Pandora species were hunted to extinction. And here I thought humanity was the worst invasive species. And then those freaks made the mistake of coming after my home!

(Scenes of the Na’vi desperately fighting off the enormous arachnids as they raided their village! Jake Sully and Neytiri were leading the defense, snarling viciously at the predatory bugs as they scored kill after kill. By the end of the day the spiders retreated, but at a great cost of Na’vi lives.)

After that it was an all out war with an enemy that couldn’t be bargained or reasoned with, one that only saw you as meat for their unending hunger. An enemy whose very presence threw the entire ecosystem of our Pandora out of sync, and frightened the Great Mother herself.

A conclave of nearly all the Na’vi clans meet at the Tree of Souls, where the Tsahik or spiritual women of each clan revealed that they all had been hearing Eywa in their sleep, warning them that if the “Vol’Kinam” weren’t stopped, the balance of life would be irreversibly shattered and that all life would be consumed by them. There wasn’t much left to discuss after that, for the sake of all life, for the sake of my family, these Eight Legged Freaks needed to be eradicated down to the last egg.

“Eywa is on our side today. Just as she was during our fight with the Sky People,” Neytiri observed with hope, watching as the armies of the Na’vi were flanked by scores of Pandorian megafauna as they marched to the border of the spiders territory.

“I know. You know the Great Mother must really love me to interfere twice within 20 years. You sure I shouldn’t be a Tsahik?” Jake joked laughing even as his wife lightly slapped his shoulder. “Seriously though, Neytiri this a war we need to win.”

“And we will my Jake. You’ve saved us all before and I know you will do it again,” Neytiri assured her husband.

“Father! We’re close to the Vol’Kinam border!” Neteyam, the eldest son, informed his dad.

“No matter what happens, we’re ready to fight sir,” Lo’ak the second son said with conviction.

“Yeah let’s crush these creepy crawly sons of bitches!.. Sir,” Spider almost over-excitedly spoke up.

Jake smiled in quiet pride at his sons before turning his attention towards the horizon, where a colossal line of webbing stretching as far as the eye can see clearly outlined the border of the massive spider’s territory. The combined army of Pandora had barely gotten close to the web when the arachnids suddenly exploded out of the silky substance, perhaps drawn to protect their homes or maybe they just smelled the fresh meat in the air and were hungry. 

“This is it! For Pandora!”

Basically the combined might of the Na’vi and the animals of Pandora (spurred on by Eywa like at the end of the first movie) vs the giant spiders from Eight Legged Freaks (2002) who have had a year of breeding and who currently occupy half of Pandora’s main continent. Will the native Pandorians destroy the spiders or do the arachnids become Pandora’s new apex species?

Hey, Pandora’s very first official match! I added it to the site years ago.

Anyway, I give the setup a 5.0.

Great job, PizzaGuy!  I definitely love seeing characters or profiles getting some use. I am leaning toward Pandora. I feel that there are so many dangerous creatures on the planet already and some we probably haven't even seen yet that would be more of a danger than the spiders.

• Thanks 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.20 - broadwaybeyonder
5.00 - Venom 2009
5.00 - Boratz

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
14.20 Total Combined Score
14.20 / 3 = 4.73 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Pandora: 4