Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 19289 Inuyasha vs. Hellboy

Japan- Warring States Period

Tucked away in the rolling hills of the Japanese countryside a simple house lay. Lying upon a futon a silver haired youth, with doglike ears tossed and turned. The half demon grunted in his sleep as he was lost in the vivid dreamscape. 

“Inuyasha! Help me!” The voice pleaded with him. 

He knew the voice well. “Kagome?” 

The girl was reaching out towards him trapped in a vortex of dark energy, Inuyasha ran for her, but the more her ran the farther away she got. 

“Helllllp!” Kagome screamed as the dark vortex swallowed her up.

“KAGOME!” Inuyasah screamed as his piercing yellow eyes opened. The half demon jumped to his feet reaching for the Tessiaga sword out of instinct.

“Woah!” Shippo gasped. The little fox demon was on his feet in an instant.

“Hey Inuyasha, what gives?” 

The silver haired youth glowered down at the young demon. 

“Kagome! She’s in trouble,” He took in a breath. “As usual.” 

Shippo twitched his tail. 

“She’s in her own time right now, what makes you so sure?” 

Inuyasha grit his teeth, “I just know! That was no dream I just had. Damnit, I’m going to have to go to her time now.” 

Shippo waved his hands, “Hang on, hang on! Maybe you’re overreacting, maybe it was just a dream?” 

Inuyasha checked his sword and stormed out of the house. “Not a chance!”

Before the little fox demon could protest further Inuyasha was out the door and bounding away. He knew exactly where he was going. The well that connected the future and the past.  

B.P.R.D. HQ Present Day

Seated at a large, cluttered desk a redskinned demon with stubs for horns, and a well groomed beard sat. He was dressed in a trenchcoat and was pouring over a book of ancient symbols, brow furrowed in concentration. 

The demon looked up as a gray haired human entered the room, a file in his hands.

“Broom?” the demon asked. 

The old man smiled, “Hellboy. Got a mission for you.” 

Hellboy grinned, “Well, about time. I’ve been bored out of my skull. Where to this time?”

“Japan.” the professor declared. 

Hellboy grunted, “Again? Alright, I could go for some riceballs. What’s the situation?”

"An unprecedented surge in paranormal activites in Japan. Multiple sightings of supernatural phenomena, unexplained disappearances, and disturbances of spiritual energy." 

Hellboy shrugged, “Alright. What else?”

Broom sighed, “We believe these events are linked to a certain ancient artifact. A jewel to be specific. It holds a massive amount of dark energy and acts as a magnet for various evils. Demon and human alike.”

Hellboy stood up from the desk, “Alright, find the jewel and get it before anyone else does. Can do.”

Broom’s brows knitted, “I must urge caution Hellboy.”

The demon laughed, “Come on Broom, when am I not cautious?” 

Inuyasha leapt clear of the well and glanced around. It was night and the grounds of Kagome’s house were silent. 

“Kagome?” Inuyasha shouted. 

No response.

After a quick search of the grounds the halfdemon couldn’t find any sign of the girl, or her family for that matter. It was then that Inuyasha sensed something, something oddly familiar, yet sinister. 

Far into the distance he saw a swirling mass of clouds converging on a hill. 

“Nnn, why do I get the feeling Kagome is mixed up in that?” 

The halfdemon sprinted for the hill, as Inuyasha drew closer he found the source of the darkness was a temple. A corrupted temple it seemed. 

“I’m coming, Kagome. You better not be dead.” 

Silver hair billowing in the wind Inuyasha made his way into the temple, practically kicking the door down as he entered. Within the temple an imposing figure clad in a trenchcoat stood. 

Hellboy’s hand rested on his Samaritan revolver as he regarded the newcomer.   

Inuyasha narrowed his eyes, hand resting on the Tessaigas hilt. 

“Who are you, what are you doing here?” Inuyasha demanded.

Hellboy raised a brow, “Well, well, what do we have here? A dogfaced samurai boy.”   

Inuyasha grit his teeth, “Don’t mock me demon! State your purpose or face my blade!”

Hellboy shook his head, “Easy fangface. I’m just here to look into something. What’s your deal?”

Inuyasha scoffed, “I seek someone, and I won’t let anyone, or anything get in my way!” 

Hellboy chuckled, “Lost love huh? Join the club buddy. Anyways, I’ve got something to get back to.” 

Inuyasha’s eyes narrowed, suspicion and anger in his gaze.

“I won’t let you meddle in things you don’t understand!”

Hellboy rolled his eyes. “Look furball. I don’t need some snot nosed kids permission to do what I do. If you’re itching for a fight, I’ll gladly accommodate you.”

The tension filled the temple, the dark energies amplifying it, just as it did the two heroes' anger and suspicion. 

Inuyasha gripped his sword tighter. “Alright demon! Let’s fight, but don’t think for a second, I’ll be an easy opponent!” 

Hellboy cracked his neck, “Alright, let’s see what you got fluffy.”

A setup is intended to take two or more competitors and put them in a scenario where the are in conflict with one another. You took the two and put them in a place and gave them a reason to fight eachother, but while Inyuyasha has a reason to fight here, that being Kagome, this seems to be nothing than a minkr annoyance to Hellboy. I would have liked to see them have a real reason to want to take the other one down. That being said it was an easy to digest and fun read that left didn't leave me have to dig through layers to find out what was really going on.

I'm giving this a 4.5/5. Good job!

I would say since this is not a fully power Hellboy that Inyuyasha should take this fairly easily. 

17 minutes ago, IKA said:

A setup is intended to take two or more competitors and put them in a scenario where the are in conflict with one another. You took the two and put them in a place and gave them a reason to fight eachother, but while Inyuyasha has a reason to fight here, that being Kagome, this seems to be nothing than a minkr annoyance to Hellboy. I would have liked to see them have a real reason to want to take the other one down. That being said it was an easy to digest and fun read that left didn't leave me have to dig through layers to find out what was really going on.

I'm giving this a 4.5/5. Good job!

I would say since this is not a fully power Hellboy that Inyuyasha should take this fairly easily. 

My interpretation was give them a reason to fight. Inuyasha is a hothead who is prone to starting fights, Hellboy isn't going to take his crap. Their personalities don't mesh well and I doubt they'd be open to dialogue without exchanging blows first. The dark energies is also implied to be having an effect on them as well.    

18 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

My interpretation was give them a reason to fight. Inuyasha is a hothead who is prone to starting fights, Hellboy isn't going to take his crap. Their personalities don't mesh well and I doubt they'd be open to dialogue without exchanging blows first. The dark energies is also implied to be having an effect on them as well.    

As put in the writer's challenge topic, I'm just trying to be as nit picky as possible, the fact that I could only complain about such a thing should be more of a compliment. Outside of trying to be hyper critical, I wouldn't have said anything about that. 

1 hour ago, IKA said:

As put in the writer's challenge topic, I'm just trying to be as nit picky as possible, the fact that I could only complain about such a thing should be more of a compliment. Outside of trying to be hyper critical, I wouldn't have said anything about that. 

Fair enough. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.50 - Pizzaguy2995
4.00 - broadwaybeyonder
4.50 - IKA
5.00 - patrickthekid
5.00 - StormChaser
5.00 - Boratz

FPA Calculation:
6 Total Votes cast
28.00 Total Combined Score