Rumble 20544 General Kregg vs. Stripe vs. Brigade
MATCH SCORE
General Kregg: 2
Stripe: 0
Brigade: 1

Match 19255 Star-Lord vs. Zuckuss

Boratz

Chapter 7: The Aftermath

After hearing Rocket's message, Pete closed his eyes and dropped his head. Several thoughts raced through his mind while he let out a sigh. He listened to some of his favorite music from his Zune while trying to contemplate what he would do next. Even his favorites tunes were not bringing him comfort as he shook his head and sighed. Peter took the earbuds out and shoved his Zune deep in his pocket. He quickly made his way to his armory and looked over his assortment of weapons. His eyes scanned over the many tools that he had gathered over the years. While he was deep in thought about what he should bring to this galaxy far away from his own, a familiar presence entered his quarters. Peter did not pay attention as he reached for his elemental guns that once belonged to his father, J'son. The legendary Star-Lord then reached for his Kree sub machine guns and explosives that Rocket had created for him. While packing away his weapons, that familiar presence glanced at him and then looked over the weapons that he was packing. 

Gamora's eyes held much worry as she watched over Quill. She had seen his dedication through the years for his friends, but this was something else entirely. Without him breathing a word to her, she could feel that he was struggling with the thought of losing Rocket. Afterall, it was Quill that sent Rocket on this mission. While the legendary Star-Lord continued to gather supplies, he heard multiple footsteps entering the room. Peter let out a grunt and shook his head. He turned to see the team standing on the other side of the room. Groot gave off a warm smile as he towered over Drax and Adam Warlock. Marvel Boy stood with a confident smirk while Nova leaned back against the wall with his arms crossed. Moondragon stood near the back of the group as Gamora walked back to stand alongside her teammates. Star-Lord laid down one of his guns and stood up to face his team.

"I cannot ask you all to come with me." Peter muttered while looking over his team.

"We will come without you asking." Drax replied with a stern gaze.

"He is right, Peter. We are coming with you." Gamora said.

"I am Groot!" Groot exclaimed.

"I am the one that sent him out there!" Peter said shaking his head.

"And we are the ones that will get him back." Adam Warlock said with a smile. 

"Together." Nova muttered. 

With a grin, Star-Lord nodded his head at his team. "Alright then, gather your crap! We have a friend to rescue!"

After the Guardians of the Galaxy gathered their weapons and supplies, they headed off into the farthest reaches of space. Into the unknown they traveled past systems and galaxies of many kinds. For the Guardians, they were no stranger to venturing into mystery but this was far from home. They traveled into a cosmic storm that allowed them to go further into the unknown until they reached the galaxy far, far away. While looking over the coordinates for Rocket's last known location, Peter Quill kept his eyes on his devices. Gamora walked into the room and cleared her throat while Quill was still concentrated on the scans.

"Peter!" Gamora shouted while glaring at the legendary Star-Lord.

Star-Lord lifted his head and looked over the feared assassin. "What is it?" He asked while setting down the scanner.

"We're here." Gamora responded.

The ship descended down upon a planet that looked to be covered in cities. Sky scrapers touched the skies above while ships moved in all directions. As Star-Lord walked down to the controls of his ship, his eyes widened as they peered over the destruction and chaos that had unfolded on this once prosperous planet.

"What the hell happened here?" Peter mumbled under his breath.

"I am Groot." Groot responded.

"I don't see how someone as small as Rocket could have done something like this." Drax said as his eyes looked over the destruction. "He is simply too small."

The Guardian's ship landed on what was left of a New Republic flight deck. Star-Lord and his team steadily gathered their gear and waited for the doors of their ship to open. Once the light of the sun shined upon the Guardians of the Galaxy, they stepped out onto Coruscant. Gamora looked over the black smoke that had filled the skies above while Adam Warlock gazed over the damaged structures. Nova watched as emergency droids guided civilians to different areas. As the team started walking through the ruins of the city's capital, Peter grew worried that Rocket may have been lost in whatever had happened on this planet. The Guardians let out a sigh of relief once they heard a familiar voice yelling out from above. Star-Lord turned his head and looked over Rocket standing on a platform above them.

"Well, 'bout time you dumb idiots came!" Rocket shouted.

"Rocket, what the hell happened here?" Star-Lord asked while gesturing around at the ruins of the city.

"Cobra! More like one of those Transformer robot things! Cobra sent a Transformer here and it attacked the city. Several people died." Rocket replied.

"Where is the Transformer now?" Nova asked with a piercing glare.

"Dead. One of the New Republic leaders here unleashed a large beast. The two fought each other throughout the capital. Caused a hell of a lot more harm than good! They killed each other!" Rocket replied as he jumped down to reunite with his team. "As you can see, they are still cleaning up this mess. Emergency units have been searching the wreckage and rubble for survivors ever since."

"What about Cobra?" Gamora asked.

"Dunno." Rocket replied while shaking his head. "I know they have some kind of map that leads to that weapon we heard about, but I... I don't know."

"What don't you know?" Star-Lord asked while looking around at all the destruction.

"That giant freakin' robot killed a lot of the leaders here. The fish stick guy that unleashed the giant monster to fight the Transformer died while saving my life. If this galaxy is at war with Cobra now, well they sure as hell lost a lot of their leadership." 

"We did not lose everyone." A female voice said from behind.

The Guardians turned and saw a woman with long dark hair. Her clothes were stained with ash and dust, while her face had a few cuts and bruises. She had dark kind eyes that seemed generous and kind.

"This is Leia." Rocket said while pointing his thumb back at the New Republic senator. "She's been.... nice."

"You must be the Guardians of the Galaxy!" Leia exclaimed while putting out her arms. 

"As a matter of fact, we are..." Star-Lord said with a flirtatious smile. "And I am the legendary Star-Lord."

"Put it back in your pants, Quill!" Rocket shouted.

Star-Lord rolled his eyes and shook his head. "What is happening here?" Quill asked.

"Please follow me." Leia gestured. "I will explain everything to the best of my ability."

Across the galaxy, 

Cobra Commander leaned forward against his desk with his fingers crossed. The Commander waited to hear the latest news from his intelligence officers. From what he had gathered, the Fallen had successfully taken out several leaders of the New Republic. His brutal attack devastated the capital city on Coruscant. Despite the dangers that the Fallen presented, the New Republic was able to unleash a powerful beast that confronted the Fallen. After a brutal battle that spanned across multiple areas on Coruscant, the Zillo Beast fell at the hands of the Fallen. The battle had greatly weakened and wounded the Fallen. In his weakness, the New Republic was able to strike a killing blow against the powerful Decepticon. With the Fallen's attack on Coruscant, Cobra Commander hoped that it would have presented the opportunity for Destro's assassins to steal the sacred key for the map and the decoder. While he watched over the reports on the Fallen's recent attacks, Cobra Commander heard the door to his operation's room open. 

“Were your assets able to retrieve what was needed?” Cobra Commander hissed.  

“Communication has been down since the Fallen’s attack on Coruscant.” Destro responded. 

“From what I’ve heard, the Fallen took out several of Galactic leaders. The New Republic is scrambling.” The Baroness smiled.   

“We should strike now while they are weak!” Storm Shadow growled. 

“In time, Storm Shadow…” Cobra Commander replied. “These planets, these systems now know that they are at war with Cobra. These systems have advanced weapons and resources. We need all the resources that we can gather fight them.” 

“We have hired a mercenary that was doing jobs for the New Republic.” Tomax said with a smile. 

“He and his team were originally going to a planet with a Naval ship to gather a new energy source for the New Republic. We offered a little more for his services and he accepted.” Xomat snickered. 

"Good work, Tomax and Xomat. What is the name of this mercenary?" Cobra Commander asked.

"Commander Lyle Rourke." Tomax and Xomat replied together.

“I will find out about the key and the decoder. It is imperative that we obtain those items to achieve victory in this war.” Cobra Commander ordered.  

On Coruscant, the tragedies that resulted from the devastating battle between the Fallen and Zillo Beast continued while emergency droids searched through the rubble for missing people. With the arrival of the Guardians of the Galaxy, the surviving members of the New Republic met with the heroic team from a faraway galaxy. During the continued chaos, a bounty hunter arrived in the broken capital of Coruscant. The infamous insectoid known as Zuckuss prowled through the damaged capital. As he sauntered past the chaos, the bounty hunter felt his communicator ringing down in his pocket. The Gand bounty hunter reached into his pocket and pulled out the device. He pressed his thumb against the incoming transmission and saw the small blurred image of Cobra Commander appear before him. 

"Report directly to me as soon as you have recovered the key!" Cobra Commander's ordered.

The transmission faded while Zuckuss looked around at his surroundings. With his tracker, he found that the key was deep within a secured facility. Zuckuss knew that he would have to wait to go after the key last. His priority now would be on the decoder. The bounty hunter looked over his scanner and found that the decoder was in a museum. As he made his through the capital, he saw the museum in the distance. Through his sixth sense, the skilled hunter foresaw the decoder deep within the museum. The Gand findsman knew that he would not run into any issues while sneaking into the facility. Zuckuss snuck past multiple security droids while going into the lower levels of the museum. After successfully bypassing multiple alarms, the Gands findsman saw the Beskar decoder deep within a case. The bounty hunter chuckled as it was exactly as he had foreseen. 

After meeting with Leia, Star-Lord and his team of Guardians of the Galaxy were more than prepared to fight alongside the New Republic. Curiosity caught the attention of Rocket after hearing about Luke Skywalker and his Force abilities. He was mainly interested in the laser sword, but Leia made it clear that only Jedi were to wield the legendary weapon known as a lightsaber. Despite the setback in the map being lost to Cobra, Star-Lord and his team were determined to prevent the key from falling into the hands of Cobra Commander. Leia took out the key and held it in front of her. While the most of the Guardians felt confident that the key would not be lost, Star-Lord had a distressing thought run through his mind.

"You mentioned a decoder?" Star-Lord asked.

"Yes, when..." Leia choked up for a moment while thinking about Mon Mothma. "When Mon Mothma and I discovered the existence of this dreadful weapon, we were certain that the map would be kept safe. We learned that the full map could only be open by this key and it could only be deciphered by a Beskar decoder that was kept safe in a museum not far from here."

"Where is that decoder exactly?" Star-Lord asked.

"A museum here in the capital. It's safe. There are security droids and protocols that will keep it protected." Leia responded with assurance.

"But the capital was just attacked. Everyone is scrambling." Star-Lord said while gesturing outside.

"Do you think that Cobra could be trying to steal the decoder?" Leia asked.

"Just a thought." Star-Lord smirked. "I'll go check it out while the Guardians will help with the cleanup process." 

"Very well. We owe you a debt of gratitude." Leia replied with a warm smile.

Before Star-Lord made his way toward the museum complex, he was stopped by Gamora.

"Are you sure that you can handle this by yourself?" Gamora asked.

"Gamora, please..." Star-Lord smirked. "It's just a museum. The decoder is probably sitting safely inside and Cobra is probably not dumb enough to try anything."

"Huh... Then why are you taking those?" Gamora asked while pointing down at his elemental guns.

"I always like to be prepared." Star-Lord smiled.

With his jet boots, the legendary Star-Lord flew to the museum. While walking through the facility, he made his way down to the lower levels. After finding that the security droids were disabled and the alarms were bypassed, the leader of the Guardians took out his guns. He let out a sigh and shook his head. 

"Gamora is not going to let me live this one down." Peter mumbled under his breath while making his way through the facility. 

He then walked into an exhibit that held the Beskar decoder. Star-Lord saw the insectoid bounty hunter standing over the decoder. 

"Hey, creepy crawler! Get away from the decoder and go back to your nest!" Star-Lord yelled while aiming his weapons at the bounty hunter.

"I foresaw you coming!" Zuckuss exclaimed.

The lights in the museum suddenly had shutoff while the Gand bounty hunter took out his rifle.

Star-Lord has his element guns and his jet boots

Zuckuss has a GRS-1 snare rifle and a blaster pistol

Star Lord easily. Zuckuss is a small fry bounty hunter whose only claim to fame is that he once almost captured Han Solo early in his career only to be outplayed and humiliated by Han and Chewie in the end. Comic book Star-Lord is a intergalactic war hero whose saved the galaxy multiple times! He’s singlehandedly defeated the Fallen One (a former Herald of Galactus), served as a military advisor to Ronan the Accuser during the Annihilation War, formed the Guardians of the Galaxy to defeat the the galaxy spanning Phalanx Empire, and has even gone toe to toe with Thanos multiple times and survived all of them. 

Zuckuss is frankly beneath someone like Star-Lord, next time give him someone more challenging like Boba Fett.

7 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Star Lord easily. Zuckuss is a small fry bounty hunter whose only claim to fame is that he once almost captured Han Solo early in his career only to be outplayed and humiliated by Han and Chewie in the end. Comic book Star-Lord is a intergalactic war hero whose saved the galaxy multiple times! He’s singlehandedly defeated the Fallen One (a former Herald of Galactus), served as a military advisor to Ronan the Accuser during the Annihilation War, formed the Guardians of the Galaxy to defeat the the galaxy spanning Phalanx Empire, and has even gone toe to toe with Thanos multiple times and survived all of them. 

Zuckuss is frankly beneath someone like Star-Lord, next time give him someone more challenging like Boba Fett.

I'll try to remember that for next time. One of the big reasons that I didn't use Boba is because he has a pretty big CBUB record and I'm trying to use characters that either have no matches at all or very few. A way to give some of these characters some life before possibly stepping back from writing matches in a few months. 

At first I was going to put him up against Durge from the old animated Clone Wars series but I may have plans for him later on. 

This would probably be more even if it was MCU Starlord. But I'd still pick him over Zuckuss. StarLord vs Cad Bane would be fun too. 

I'm glad you didn't pick Boba Fett there was a fun fan battle of that already. 

42 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

This would probably be more even if it was MCU Starlord. But I'd still pick him over Zuckuss. StarLord vs Cad Bane would be fun too. 

I'm glad you didn't pick Boba Fett there was a fun fan battle of that already. 

Cad Bane would have been fun but he's already been used in the arc with Rocket . Boba would not make sense story wise as this is kind of in the Mandalorian time line where he has stopped bounty hunting.