Juggernaut: 10
Mr. Incredible: 0

Rumble 20544 General Kregg vs. Stripe vs. Brigade
MATCH SCORE
General Kregg: 2
Stripe: 0
Brigade: 1

Match 19180 Tommy Gunn vs. Mike Barnes

Tommy Gunn shadowboxed in his makeshift dressing room.  He focused his glaring eyes on his reflection in the cracked mirror as he threw a series of jabs and combinations.  Try as he might he couldn’t get the frustration out of his mind.  Here he was, a former champion, forced to work for some pennyante fight club running bouts out of a foreclosed warehouse. 

There was a knock at the door and Tommy kept practicing to the mirror as he shouted.  “Yeah?  What do you want?!”  The door swung open and George Washington Duke strode in, followed by his camera crew.  The promoter brushed off the shoulder of his fur coat and grinned as he approached Tommy.  “Well, champ, it’s almost time!  You feeling hungry for action?”  Tommy looked back at the camera crew in disgust then back to the mirror.  Duke spun to the camera with his usual bravado.  “Oh, he’s ready, ladies and gentlemen!  Ready to climb the mountain all over again!  To once again embark on the journey to the title!  A title that he has already…” 

“Oh, shut the hell up!” Tommy snapped.  “And get that damn camera outta here!”  Duke gritted his teeth and turned back to Tommy as the cameraman walked around them to get a better shot of them.  “Champ, you know the public wants to hear your thoughts before stepping into the cage for the first time.  But you can be sure, folks, that even though Mike Barnes is a formidable opponent, Tommy ‘The Machine’ Gunn will show the world that he is still the baddest man walking the face of God’s green earth!” 

The cameraman took a step closer to Tommy and received a punch to his camera and a shove for his trouble.  “I said get that piece of junk out of my face, man!  All of you get out!” 

Duke put an arm across Tommy’s chest and held him as he shouted to the crew.  “Alright, alright!  We have enough footage anyway!  You can all take five!  I want to have a word or two with the champ.”  Duke kept a smile on his face as the crew filed out of the dressing room, some murmuring to each other.  When the door closed, he let go of Tommy and glared at him.  “Just what was that all about?” 

“You know exactly what that’s about, man!  It’s bad enough I’m working in this dump!  I don’t need those film school rejects following me around!” 

“They will follow you around because I said they will follow you around!  My God, Tommy, you should call yourself lucky that I’m still willing to manage you!  You didn’t listen to me, you got into a street fight with Balboa, and you wound up having video of you getting knocked out and arrested on the 10 o’clock news!  You’re lucky the commission didn’t strip you of your belt!”  

Tommy laughed sarcastically.  “Yeah, lucky for you!  They just put me in the ring with your man Caine and you ended up making money off him beating me!” 

“Well, I wasn’t going to make much more money with you, Tommy Gunn!”  Duke took a deep breath and put his arm around Tommy’s shoulder.  “Look, now that’s all in the past.  If you have any notions of ever being a champion of the world again, we’re going to have to start from the ground up.  You know and I know that none of these bums in this cage fighting racket can touch you.  Get some wins, get some footage of you looking dominant, and I promise the commission will be ringing our phone off the hook to get you back in the ring.”  Tommy shrugged off Duke’s arm and slammed his locker closed.  “You can keep your promises, Duke!” he snarled, throwing some jabs at his reflection.  “All I want to do is to get my hands on this punk Barnes!  If I have to beat some black belt wearing geek to get my payday, then I’ll make sure he doesn’t make out of round 1!”  Duke looked on in approval as Tommy continued with his warmup.  “And that’s exactly what I’m counting on… Champ.” 

Terry Silver gave a smug smile as he chewed on a cigar and watched Mike Barnes throw kicks at his sparring partner.  John Kreese stood by his side shouting orders.  “High kick!  Body!  Forward strike!”  Mike completed the combination and his partner fell back clutching his ribs.  Silver laughed and clapped his hands.  “Yes!  Very nice, Mr. Barnes!  Gunn isn’t gonna know what hit ‘em!”  Kreese gave a stern look at the sparring partner.  “Mr. Barnes, are you done with your practice drill?” 

“No, sensei,” Mike smirked. 

“Then why is Mr. Breen not back in his position to continue?” 

Breen took a deep breath to steady himself then took his place.  “You will rest after Mr. Barnes is finished, not before, Mr. Breen,” Kreese barked.  “Is that clear?” 

“Yes, sensei.” 

“Then continue!” 

Breen raised his fists and began blocking Mike’s punches and strikes, some catching him in the face and ribs.  Kreese shook his head.  “All the money you’re handing out to these people better be worth it, Terry.” 

“Relax, man.  We get our boy Mikey a few fights, he makes some money back on what he lost in that whole LaRusso mess, and we get money back on betting on him to kick these meathead’s faces in.” 

Kreese looked on as Mike switched to defense and blocked Breen’s attacks.  “He’s already had fights but no one like Gunn.  He’ll need to be more on his game than ever.”  Terry stubbed out his cigar on the wall.  “Relax, Johnny.  He was already a natural before we started teaching him the Way of the Fist.  With your training, Tommy boy doesn’t have a prayer.” 

Mike glanced over at Silver and Kreese for a second and Breen caught him with a punch to the face.  Mike staggered back, clutching his nose.  Breen’s face went pale as Mike pulled back his hand and saw blood dripping.  “You stupid shit!”  Mike lunged for Breen and caught him in a double leg takedown.  Silver and Kreese watched as Mike went into a mount and pummeled Breen with strikes.  Terry howled with laughter as Kreese nodded with satisfaction.  “Attaboy, Mikey!  No mercy!” 

A few hours later, Tommy, Mike, and their entourages were stood in a makeshift octagon cage.  It had been set up in the middle of the warehouse and was surrounded by seedy looking patrons in folding chairs.  A man in a rented tux picked up a microphone and addressed the crowd. 

“Ladies and gentlemen!  The following contest is scheduled for three 5-minute rounds!  Introducing first, fighting out of the blue corner, a boxer, making his in-cage debut tonight.  He has a professional record of 23 wins and 1 loss.” 

“Nah, 2 losses!  Balboa kicked his butt!” 

The crowd laughed as Tommy snarled at threw a punch at the chain link fence around the cage before Duke pulled him back.  The announcer cleared his throat and continued.  “23 wins and 1 loss.  He stands 6’2” and weighs in tonight at 220 pounds.  Fighting out of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and represented by George Washington Duke Promotions, he is the former boxing heavyweight champion of the woooooooorld!  TOMMY!  THE MACHIIIIIIIIIINE GUUUUUUUUUUUUNN!!” 

There were some boos mixed with the cheers as Tommy raised a fist to the crowd and pointed at Mike.  “You’re going down, chump!  Your karate ain’t going help you!” 

A bell rang to calm the crowd and the announcer pointed to Mike.  “And his opponent, fighting out of the red corner, a holder of a black belt in karate, making his in-cage debut tonight, with an amateur record of 22 wins and 10 loses.  He stands 5’10” and weighs in tonight at 205 pounds.  Fighting out of Los Angeles, California, representing the Cobra Kai Dojo, he is a 5 time karate tournament champiooooooooon!  MIKE!  THE BAD BOY OF KARATEEEEEE BAAAAAAAAAARNES!” 

As the crowd cheered for Mike and whistled at the ring girl carrying a sign for round one, the two fighters marched to the center of the cage where the referee waited.  “Okay, gentlemen, you already know the rules.  Obey my instructions at all times and give the people a good show.  Touch gloves if you wish.”  Mike rolled his eyes and delivered a shove to Tommy’s chest.  The crowd exploded with excitement as Tommy leapt forward throwing wild punches, his eyes blazing.  Kreese, Silver, and Duke all escaped the cage as the bell rang. 

“You got him, champ!  You’re the man!” 

“This is what you’re paid for, Mikey!  Take him out!” 

OK:

This fight takes place about year after Rocky V and a couple years after Karate Kid III, so Tommy and Mike are roughly the same age. 

This is a fight under MMA style rules, but the rules will be ‘loosely’ enforced. 

Win by KO, submission, or judges’ decision. 

Game On! 

Great job, Broadway

I'm leaning toward Karate's Bad Boy. While I feel Tommy has raw punching power and speed that would give him a huge advantage, he didn't seem too great in a street fight. Now it's been a long, long time since I've seen Rocky v so if I remember incorrectly, please let me know.

Mike was brutal and pretty skilled. While he may not use much defense, I feel like he could certianly use several counter moves to defeat Tommy 

• Like 1

If this is MMA rules then I think karate master Mike will have an advantage over boxer Tommy. Being able to use your legs and grapple your opponent will bring a whole new dimension to the fight that I don’t think Tommy will be able to adapt to. The fact that he’s acting so overconfident and dismissive towards Mike as an opponent is just further convincing me that Tommy is in over his head and is about to get his bell rung.

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - StormChaser
5.00 - patrickthekid
5.00 - Boratz
5.00 - Yukimuraster90
5.00 - Pizzaguy2995

FPA Calculation:
5 Total Votes cast
25.00 Total Combined Score
25.00 / 5 = 5.00 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Tommy Gunn: 0
Mike Barnes: 5

THE BOTTOM LINE

As time winded down, Tommy Gunn grew more and more frustrated.  Mike had managed to land a few kicks to his ribs in round 1, but now was fighting more defensive.  The crowd was starting to boo as Tommy threw a punch and Mike easily jumped clear. 

“Come on and fight, you punk!” Tommy snarled.  

“What’s the matter, clown?” taunted Mike.  “You want to hit me?  Come on!  Bring it!” 

Tommy lunged forward with a left, and Mike dodged out of the way.  Tommy’s momentum sent him colliding into the cage fence.  Mike pounced and grabbed a hold of Tommy’s arm, but Tommy swung wildly and dealt Mike a glancing blow that dropped him to his knee in the center of the octagon.   Tommy raised his fist to deliver a final blow and charged at his downed opponent, only for the bell to ring and the referee to get in his way. 

“Hold it, Gunn!  Hold it!  End of the round!  Back to your corner!” 

“Get outta my face, man!” 

“Go to your corner or you’ll be disqualified!” 

Tommy scowled and stomped past Mike.  Mike turned and spit out some blood at Tommy, causing him to lunge towards him until Duke got in the way. 

“What the hell is the matter with you?” Duke said as Tommy’s corner men saw to his injuries. 

“I’m fighting him!  What does it look like I’m doing?!” 

“He’s got you running a marathon out there!  Stop letting him dictate the pace of the fight!” 

“I’ve got him right where I want him!  This round he’s dead!” 

In the opposite corner Silver and Kreese saw to Mike.  “You’re doing great, Mikey!” crowed Silver. 

“Great?  Great at what?!  What’s with all this running away crap?  I could have taken him out that round!” 

Kreese batted Mike on the back of the head.  “Look at him!  Don’t you see how hard he’s breathing?  He’s not made for this kind of fight.  You are!” 

“That’s right, Mikey,” said Silver.  “Now’s the time where you put this bum out of his misery.”  Mike looked unsure but then nodded.  “Understood, Mr. Silver.” 

“Round 3!  No mercy!” 

“No mercy!” 

“You know the Way of the Fist?” 

“Yes, Sensei!” 

“And Cobra Kai?” 

“Never dies, Sensei!” 

Duke continued to bark out advice as the ring girl circled the cage with a card promoting the 3rd and final round.  “Draw this kid in, and land that punch!  Don’t go chasing him all around the cage!” 

“Shut it, Duke!” snapped Tommy.  “I’ve got this!  This guy is done!” 

“Alright, gentlemen!” called the referee.  “Bring it on!  Come on!” 

Tommy popped in his mouth guard and charged to the center of the cage only to be met by a high kick from Mike that landed square to the side of his head.  A thrust kick to the chest followed that knocked the wind out of the boxer.  Tommy’s back hit the cage fence and Mike was quick to jump in to capitalize.  He delivered a series of kidney punches and finished with a shot to the head.  “Come on, Tommy!  Having trouble breathing?!”  Tommy gasped for breath as he looked at the crazed look in Mike’s eyes.  He swung a wild punch that Tommy easily dodged.  The momentum sent the boxer stumbling to the center of the cage as the crowd began to cheer and chant for Mike. 

“Finish him!” shouted Kreese. 

Mike went into a fighting stance and looked as Tommy stood bent over shaking his head.  “Move, Tommy!  Move!” cried out Duke. 

But the warning was too late.  With a mad cry, Mike charged forward and delivered a running knee to the head of Tommy.  The boxer flopped down on the mat, and Mike’s attempt to pounce on his prone body was only halted by the referee jumping in front of him. 

“Ring the bell!  TKO for Barnes!” 

Duke could only stare open mouthed as the crowd cheered and Silver climbed the fence into the cage to whoop and cackle with Mike.  Kreese nodded with satisfaction and Duke stormed down the ring steps to the locker room. 

After the event had finished and the crowds had left, Duke still wandered the halls.  “Tommy?  Where the hell are you, Gunn?!  You still owe me an interview!  We are going to have to get every second of footage we can after this fiasco!” 

Duke swung open a door and stopped dead in his tracks.  In front of him was Tommy Gunn, shaking hands with Terry Silver.  Silver turned to look at the dumbfounded promoter.  “George!  There you are!  We were just talking about you!”  Duke heard the door close behind him.  He turned to see Kreese and Mike blocking his way.  Putting on his most charming smile, Duke turned back to Silver.  “Mr. Silver, it’s an honor to meet you.  Have heard a great deal about you, of course.  I’ve been meaning talk to you about the potential of making a karate event featuring this Cobra Kai movement.  I’ve a feeling that if you more talent like Mr. Barnes here, we’d break the bank!” 

Silver smirked and gestured to Tommy.  “That’s a good idea, George.  But I’m afraid I’ll be busy promoting Cobra Kai’s newest recruit.” 

Duke’s façade started to melt.  He glared at Tommy, who stared unimpressed back at him.  “What the hell is he talking about, Tommy?  You can’t fight for him!  You’re under contract with me!  We have a deal!” 

“Yeah!  Some deal!” Tommy laughed humorlessly.  “You shove me in front of cameras, people following me around all the time like I’m some kind of freak?  I can make more money with Cobra Kai, get more opportunities with Cobra Kai, and best of all I don’t have to take orders from you!” 

“You ungrateful punk!”  Duke made a move towards Tommy only for a kick from Silver to drop him to his knees.  Silver adjusted his coat and nodded to Mike.  “Mr. Barnes, how about you and Mr. Gunn take the night off.  Use my car.  Sensei Kreese and I will be busy… negotiating with Mr. Duke.”  Mike and Tommy gave knowing looks and walked out of the room, Tommy making a point to step over Duke.  When the door shut, Kreese and Silver stood over Duke’s body, Silver’s eyes flashing with sadistic glee as Duke looked up in helpless terror. 

“And now the real pain begins!”