Lotta Litter: 0

The Loser's Club Part 10 - Sir Daniel Fortesque vs. Legoshi

SSJRuss

The Loser’s Club

Part 10

Previously with Sir Daniel-
Part 6

– Outside Dave and Buster’s, Common District, Verse City

With great effort and quick feet, our hero, the one and only Sir Daniel Fortesque, gave the little blue haired girl the slip. Well done Sir.

Sir Daniel Fortesque took in a breath as if he had lungs and looked about the area. He ran a considerable distance, making twists and turns in this unfamiliar city just to escape the crazed fan. But it seems like he managed it. She was nowhere to be seen.

He continued his walk through Verse City, next to something now called a ‘Dave and Buster’s’. He wasn’t sure what to make of that. Or what to do next. Perhaps it was time he returned to Gallowmere?

His pondering didn’t last long as he noticed someone following him. It was the blue-haired girl from earlier. She looked exhausted but still caught up to him.

It seems she is quite the determined one, Sir Daniel. Perhaps we should try confronting her this time, hm?

"Hello again," the girl said with a smile. “You ran away.”

Sir Daniel looked at her warily. He didn't trust anyone in this strange place, especially not a child who seemed to be following him. But perhaps her intentions were honest… 

“Waaht du wuw ahnt?” (What do you want?) he asked, eyeing her suspiciously.

"I really just wanted to talk to you," the girl named Konata, Daniel would learn, replied. "I've never seen anyone like you before. You look really cool."

It would seem that this one is a fan of yours, perhaps one that sees the hero in you behind your skeletal shell. What a wonder.

Sir Daniel was used to being feared or mocked for his skeletal appearance, not admired. “Ihm naut coull,” he grumbled. "Ihm a fahlurh” (I'm a failure).

Konata looked confused. "What do you mean?"

"Ah fahlrd ah quest uh n atrnnl wshh” (I failed a quest to win an eternal wish)," Sir Daniel explained. "And now I don't know what to do."

The girl seemed to be listening attentively, her big blue eyes fixed on him. For the first time in a long time, Daniel had found someone who could understand him.

Konata responded immediately, confirming Daniel’s theory that she could understand his words. "Well, maybe I can help you. My name is Konata Izumi and I’m, like, a huge nerd and stuff.”

Sir Daniel scoffed. "What can a child like you do?"

Konata shrugged. "I don't know, but maybe we can figure it out together?"

Sir Daniel rubbed his non-existent chin in thought. He didn't have any other leads, and he didn't want to wander aimlessly through this unfamiliar city forever. Maybe having a companion, even a young one, would be beneficial.

"Alright," he said finally. "You can come with me. My name is Sir Daniel Fortesque, hero of Gallowmere!"

Konata beamed. "Gallowmere? Wow that sounds so rad. I’m getting pumped so let’s go!"

The two walked in stride together, Sir Daniel telling her of his adventures in Gallowmere and how he came about this place. Daniel led the way, unsure of where they were headed, but he knew he wanted to find something that would give him a sense of purpose. As they turned the corner, they ran into a large gray wolf walking the opposite direction.

"Excuse me," the wolf said. "You're in my way."

Sir Daniel and Konata stepped aside, but the wolf didn't move.

An upright wolf? My, now we have seen it all, Sir Daniel. Do not let your guard down, this one seems hungry.

"I said, you're in my way," the wolf man growled, eyes sharpening.

The duo had already cleared the sidewalk for the wolf, but that didn’t seem enough. Sir Daniel didn't like where this was going and reached for his trusty broadsword. He had faced many foes in his time, but he knew that a wolf was a formidable opponent.

"Is there a problem?" Sir Daniel asked, trying to keep his voice steady.

"You look… tasty," the wolf said, baring his teeth.

Sir Daniel wasn’t sure if the wolf meant that he looked tasty or if his sights were set on the little girl by his side. He didn't want to fight, but he knew he had to protect her if he must.

Konata stepped forward. "Hey, mister wolf," she said. "Why don't you pick on someone your own size?"

The wolf laughed. "You think you can take me on, little girl?"

Konata didn't back down. "I may be small, but I'm strong," she said, flexing her arm.

The wolf sneered and pounced at the girl in a flash. His action was cut short by Sir Daniel Fortesque, blocking Konata with his largest shield. He pushed the wolf back a few feet.

“I’ll protect you, little Konata!” Sir Daniel charged at the raging beast.

22 hours ago, Boratz said:

Great job, Russ! I'm leaning toward Sir Daniel on this one 

Appreciate that! This was originally a different match but this one seemed like a fun idea. Plus I like both characters and want to add to their records.

Ah, Sir Daniel, it's been awhile. When I think of SSJRuss's matches, Sir Daniel Fortesque is always the character I think of. Although I'm not overly familiar with the character, I get a good sense of him from your writing. Nice work.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

Ah, Sir Daniel, it's been awhile. When I think of SSJRuss's matches, Sir Daniel Fortesque is always the character I think of. Although I'm not overly familiar with the character, I get a good sense of him from your writing. Nice work.

I'm flattered really. It's how I'd like to be remembered 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Boratz
4.00 - Pizzaguy2995
4.80 - JohnnyChany

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
13.80 Total Combined Score
13.80 / 3 = 4.60 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Sir Daniel Fortesque: 4