Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 18904 MODOK vs. Eleven

Boratz

"Seeking a brighter tomorrow... today. In the aftermath of the devastating earthquakes that plagued our small-town of Hawkins, a new organization has arrived in our once quiet home in Indiana. This organization has brought aid and relief to the residents of our town. While the devastation will continue to haunt the memories for everyone in the community, it does appear that there is a promise of a brighter tomorrow thanks to A.I.M. The Advanced Idea Mechanics purchased the once secretive federal operations building known as the Hawkins National Laboratory, and brought hope to a community in mourning. As you can see behind me, there are multiple A.I.M. troops out in the community as we speak with handfuls of supplies for all of those in need. They have brought medical aid for the wounded and rebuilt homes for the homeless. It is a beautiful sight indeed. So, everyone here at the Hawkins Post want to extend our hands in gratitude for all that this organization has done for the community. Thank you and good night."

Hopper quietly turned the television off and sauntered over to his recliner. Rubbing his fingers against the soft cushy recliner, the former Sheriff closed his eyes while reflecting on the cold nights in that Soviet prison. His eyes slowly opened while tears formed within them. Hopper sat down on the soft cushion and leaned back against the recliner. He felt as if his energy was slowly draining away while he thought about his return to Hawkins. His return was met with a great deal of emotion by many in the community. Many had seen his return as a sign that things would finally take a turn for the better. For years, it seemed that Hawkins was plagued by the horrors of something far beyond human understanding. Since his return, Hopper witnessed the arrival of this A.I.M. organization and saw a new age for Hawkins. Upon his return, there was a great fear amongst the family that he had become a part in that the Upside Down had been unleashed on their world. 

With the arrival of A.I.M., those fears subsided and the coming storm faded away. For the first time in what seemed to be an eternity, Jim Hopper felt as if he could rest easy. He stayed with Joyce Byers and her children. The veteran felt a great deal of relief that the girl that he saw as a daughter had finally been able to have a real family. He was able to rest easy in his soft cushy recliner with his eyes closed tight. All the suspicions that he could have had were buried deep down in his chest while he truly felt how tired he was. Hopper felt as if he could finally be done with the strange things that had haunted him for so long. With his eyes closed tight and his new family asleep in their beds, he was able to see that brighter tomorrow. While silence fell over the resting veteran, he was close to falling into a deep sleep. Then he heard the creaking sound of the floors from behind. 

With a small groan, the former Sheriff slowly opened his eyes. Standing before him, he could see the blurry outline of Will Byers. The boy who came back to life was standing in the dark room before the veteran. Hopper found it somewhat amusing that he shared that with the young Byers boy. When Hopper had returned, he was seen by many of his old friends and colleagues as the man who came back to life. He was seen as the hero that had returned and several residents wanted him to come back to the role of Sheriff. After feeling how exhausted that he was, Hopper told the people of his town that he made the decision to get readjusted back into Hawkins. In all honesty, he simply wanted to take some time for himself. As his eyes got adjusted to the darkness, he could see Will's face more clearly. 

"What'd ya want, kid." Hopper grunted while rubbing his eyes.

"Do you trust them?" Will asked while tilting his head toward the television.

"Who? Hawkins Post?" Hopper responded with a dumbfounded look.

"A.I.M." Will responded with a worried look.

"Yeah, kid. I guess trust 'em." Hopper replied as he leaned forward in his chair. "What is this about?"

"I don't know." Will said while rubbing the back of his neck. "Just a feeling I suppose."

"Listen, kid..." Hopper said with a sigh. "You've had a rough go of it. I can't say that I know everything about this A.I.M. place but they seem to be doin' some good. It's about time this place saw some good."

"That is what Mike and the others have told me. Just forget that I asked. I'm going to bed." Will said as he staggered back and went off to his room. 

Hopper watched him disappear into the dark hallway. He shook his head and laid his back against the recliner. For a moment, his thoughts circled around A.I.M. before he faded off to sleep. Will quietly stumbled in his room. The feeling on the back of his neck grew sharp, and his chest started to sink. He could not shake the feeling that there was something wrong. The young Byers grabbed his backpack. While digging through his pack, he made sure that he had a flashlight and walkie-talkie. Will stopped for a moment and looked over a photograph of his friends. His eyes caught onto the image of Mike and he thought about what he had also said about A.I.M. Will wished that he could believe Mike and wanted that same hope his friend held onto, but he could not shake the feeling of something being terribly wrong.

While he shuffled through his pack, he felt a presence in the room with him. Will stopped and slowly turned his head back toward the doorway. In the dim light that shined into the room from the moon, he could see the outline of El. Will's mouth dropped open as he tried to think of some words to say. El quietly stepped into the room and stood before her adoptive brother. She quickly glanced down at his backpack and then looked back up at Will. She could feel that there was something uneasy with what Will was doing. Suddenly, the two could hear the snoring of Jim Hopper from the other room. El finally decided to break the awkward silence between the two of them.

"Where are you going?" El muttered as quietly as she could.

"No one believes me." Will replied while throwing the backpack over him.

"What do you mean?" El asked with a confused look.

"A.I.M." Will fired back. "Since they've arrived in Hawkins, I've.... I've felt something was off."

"Mike says that A.I.M. is helping Hawkins. Lucas said that they are providing help for Max and Dustin believes that they are going to make a difference here." El responded.

"El, you should know better than any of us that people like that can lie. You were there that day at the cabin. When Hopper and my mom came back, the Upside Down had merged into Hawkins. Then all of a sudden, it disappeared overnight when A.I.M. arrived." Will pleaded.

"Then why would A.I.M. do all those good things? Why would they lie?" El asked.

"I don't know but I need to find out why." Will replied.

"Then I'll come with you." El responded.

"You can't... It could be dangerous." Will argued.

"Will, I can take care of myself. I can take care of you too." El responded with a smile.

Both teenagers snuck out of the house as quietly as they could. In the back of her mind, El thought about reaching out to Mike but she knew that Will would protest against that. They gathered their bikes and road into the night. With the town still on lock down and having a curfew, they had to avoid the being seen by local authorities. They steadily made their way toward the former location of Hawthorne National Laboratory. Will and El snuck through the night and looked over the facility. A.I.M. did not waste much time in remodeling the structure of the facility. Will looked over the signs that read Advanced Idea Mechanics while El looked upon the many guards that patrolled the area. Will and El quietly leaned their bikes against a tree. They both made their way toward the facility. 

Several memories of this facility had flowed through both of the teenagers. Eleven paused for a moment as the memories of One fell upon her. For Will, he remembered the horrors of being trapped in the Upside Down and those moments of being under the possession of the Mind Flayer. Both teenagers had held much hatred toward this facility but it also held the answers to the questions that Will had. They were able to sneak through the hallways and Eleven was able to use her abilities to cause interference on the cameras. The deeper they went; the more uneasy Will became. Soon Eleven started to experience unusual feelings as well. 

While both teenagers had heard a faint sound ahead. It almost appeared as it were a disembodied scream. Eleven and Will snuck into a room and peered down at what was happening down below. Will's body went pale while he felt a chill run down his spine. His eyes went empty as he gazed upon the horrific sight. As for Eleven, her blood began to boil and a fury started to burn within the pit of her chest. Down below, the wicked being that the Hawkins group had come to know as Vecna was strapped to a device. There were machines prodding his flesh and tearing into his body. Sparks of electric currents lit up the room while they entered into his body. While both teenagers felt a sense of relief watching the one that had caused much torment to their family and friends going through this torture, they quickly realized it was for something far more sinister. They heard a fanatical voice speaking to the tormented Vecna. 

"YOUR SUFFERING WILL END ONCE YOU PROVIDE ME WITH THE SOURCE OF YOUR POWER!" The voice screamed.

"You will never gain my power... I will be the one to make you suffer and then I will kill you...." The weakened Henry muttered while the many devices continued to cause much pain to his body.

The fanatical voice started to laugh hysterically as it came into the view of the teenagers. Both Will and Eleven's eyes widened and their mouths dropped once they saw the full view of the source of the voice. It appeared to be a floating head attached to a machine. The head had arms and legs, but they were abnormally small. They could tell that there were countless weapons attached to the machine that it was floating on. 

"YOU FOOL! YOU WILL NOT KILL ME! I AM THE MENTAL MOBILE MECHANIZED ORGANISM DESIGNED ON FOR KILLING! I WILL BE THE ONE TO KILL YOU! And once I have dissected you; I will find the source of your power and open the doorway to your world! I will have an unlimited supply of power to take control of this world! Then everyone will bow to me!" MODOK declared.

"Huh... If you kill me, you will lose any chance of seeing my world." Henry said in a weakened voice.

"Haha" MODOK laughed while pressing a button on his chair. The device that had been piercing through Vecna's flesh had started ripping more into his body. Vecna's pain-filled groans grew even louder than before. "I no longer need you, test subject number 1. I now have test subject number 11 in my grasp!" MODOK's head and chair turned to the direction of Will and Eleven. A psychotic smile formed over his entire oversized face. "They came here just as I had planned!"

Eleven turned to Will, "We have to go!"

MODOK turned back to the severely weakened Vecna. A light from the top of his floating chair had started to glow bright. Suddenly, a powerful laser emerged from the glowing light and burned through the face of Henry Creel. Henry's screams soon faded as his life was no more. The cold chill on the back of Will's spine became overwhelming once he felt Venca's life ending. He fell to his knees as he and Eleven were trying to escape. Eleven tried pulling Will to his feet, but the ground beneath them seemed as if it had disappeared. They fell down into the room that Vecna was being tortured in. 

"Trying to leave so soon?!" MODOK screamed. "YOU ONLY JUST ARRIVED AND IT WOULD BE RUDE TO LEAVE!" 

"Let us go!" Eleven roared as she quickly rose to her feet and faced the insane floating man. "OR I WILL KILL YOU!"

"CHILD! I AM MODOK! YOU WOULD BE FOOLISH TO THINK THAT YOU CAN EVEN HURT ME!" MODOK laughed.

Several A.I.M. troops flooded the room. Eleven raised her hand and unleashed a surge of power that knocked the A.I.M. soldiers down with ease. The power knocked MODOK back against a wall. The A.I.M. leader quickly recovered and then blocked the only exit to freedom.

"Well so be it, foolish girl! I will rip you apart limb from limb until I can open the doorway into that other dimension! I will take the power that I deserve, and then I, MODOK, will rule this world!" MODOK cried out.

Eleven looked over Will. She could see that he was hurting and struggling. She then thought about Mike and everyone else that she loved so dearly. Her eyes slowly rose up and glared over the A.I.M. leader. "You talk too much." Eleven said while raising her hand.

Fantastic match, Boratz. As much as I would love to see Eleven put MODOK in his place, I just don't think she has the power. Stamina is an issue, and even though she has enough power to tear the fabric between dimensions I think MODOK would take her down before she got to that point.

16 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

Fantastic match, Boratz. As much as I would love to see Eleven put MODOK in his place, I just don't think she has the power. Stamina is an issue, and even though she has enough power to tear the fabric between dimensions I think MODOK would take her down before she got to that point.

Thanks Johnny!