Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 18883 Kain Highwind vs. Kain

JohnnyChany

image.jpeg.1263786a9bbbd111c5656a873c9c9dcb.jpeg

The Elder God’s plan to use and manipulate Raziel into killing Kain had not worked. The Elder God needed Kain dead so the cycle of violence that enveloped Nosgoth would continue and he could feed off the souls in the Wheel of Fate. Kain, and all the vampires underneath him were immortal, thus not subject to the Wheel of Fate. The Elder God needed him removed. He had stoked Kain’s former right hand man, Raziel, with a big enough sense of vengeance to get the job done, but when the wraith hesitated it all began to spiral out of control. The Elder God needed someone else to get the job done. Someone properly motivated to take down Kain with no prior connection to the long living vampire. He searched for his chosen one in alternate worlds until he happened upon the perfect candidate. The Elder God had learned from his experience with Raziel and Raziel’s growing mistrust of him. This time he would not contact the warrior directly, only orchestrate events from afar.

Elsewhere in another world on Mount Ordeals, Kain Highwind, the former Commander of the Dragoons of Baron, stood on a mountain peak staring off into the sky. Kain had retreated here after helping his friends Cecil and Rosa defeat the hate fueled Lunarian, Zemus. Although his childhood friends had forgiven him for his brainwashed betrayals, he had not returned with them to Baron. He did not even go back for their wedding. This was for two reasons. One, although he had been brainwashed by Golbez, part of his betrayal had been rooted in his own suppressed feelings towards his friends, longing for Rosa, jealousy and resentment toward Cecil. Kain knew he had to come to grips with his inner feelings before he could ever return. Second, and more important, he did not feel worthy. Since he was a boy, all Kain ever wanted to do was be a noble dragoon like his father, and he had failed.

image.jpeg.8fca12a9d69efc273051d686fae43e50.jpeg

Kain had traveled to Mount Ordeals, the same location Cecil had traveled to to become a Paladin, in an effort to prove himself. He had already fought and defeated some of the undead monsters in the mountain range, but he wondered if it would all be enough. Kain wondered what he would have to do to believe in himself.

Kain’s inner thoughts were suddenly broken up by the arrival of a bald woman with a black chest plate, black pants, and white boots. She looked like nothing Kain had ever seen before.

“Excuse me kind sir, I need your help,” the woman pleaded.

“How did you get up here?’ Kain wondered.

“I have come from very far away on a mission of great importance,” she answered.

“Who are you?”

“My name is Morticia, and I am a sorceress of the Sarafan Order. We are vampire hunters,” she explained.

“Pardon? Did you say vampires?”

“Yes. Vampires are a very real threat where I’m from. We almost had them all expunged from Nosgoth, but now there is one who is rising in power, he has corrupted our pillars, and is threatening to return our entire world into darkness. We need help,” Morticia declared.

“If that is true, that still doesn’t explain how or why you arrived here,” Kain noted.

“That I cannot answer for certain,” Morticia admitted. “We prayed to our gods for a savior and I was transported here.”

Kain took a moment to absorb all this fantastical information.

“What is your name, warrior?” Morticia asked.

“I am Kain Highwind of Baron. I am a Dragoon.”

Morticia’s eyes widened. “Perhaps that is the connection. For you see Kain Highwind, the vampire of which I speak that has brought despair to my world is also named Kain. Nosgoth is a land of many cycles, it would make sense that a Kain would be responsible for its downfall, but also its return to peace.”

Kain Highwind appeared skeptical of this conjecture,but Morticia pressed him further.

“Fate is also very important in Nosgoth. Is it possible sir dragoon, that you were fated to help a strange land? Be it as a source of redemption or a launching point for your own hero’s journey?”

Those words struck Kain right in his heart. Maybe this was the opportunity he was looking for. A way to prove himself a true hero and redeem himself with a noble mission that had nothing to do with Cecil or Rosa. Could it be too good to be true?

Morticia could sense the internal struggle residing within Kain.

“I know I am laying a lot on your feet, and I sincerely apologize for that,” she stated. “I do believe with my whole heart that fate and divine intervention has brought us here together, but I will not begrudge you not trusting the word of the stranger. I only ask that you come see for yourself, if you believe it is a cause worth fighting for.”

“How would we get there?” Kain inquired.

Morticia’s eyes were filled with a green glow. “Take my hand.”

Kain was still a little skeptical about this mysterious bald woman, but also knew that his current location had no answers left for him. He lifted his Holy Lance readying himself for whatever was coming and then grabbed her hand.

Kain Highwind and Morticia transported to Nosgoth. They arrived in a gothic looking village already set ablaze by battle.

“Oh no, it has already begun. I hope we are not too late,” said Morticia.

Vampires and humans dressed in white battled in the streets. However, one vampire stood out amongst the crowd. He had long white hair, yellow eyes, and almost a gargoyle-like face. It was certainly the Kain that Morticia had spoken of. The vampire Kain ran his Soul Reaver sword through his enemies with efficiency and brutality. He had a menacing aura about him that sent a chill through Kain Highwind. It wasn’t long before the elder vampire had taken notice of the two new arrivals to the battle scene.

“Prepare all your strongest attacks and techniques, Kain Highwind of Baron,” Morticia declared. “I will buy you as much time as I can.”

Morticia launched herself at the vampire Kain, but was quickly dispatched by his superior strength and skill. The vampire held her beaten body in the air and began to absorb her blood through a telekinetic technique much to the horror of Kain Highwind. The dragoon jumped into action and knocked the vampire backward. The vampire snickered at the sight of his next opponent.

“I don’t remember seeing you before,Moebius select you to be Malek’s replacement? You may have fancy armor, but in the end you will just provide more sustenance,” the vampire, Kain, taunted.

“I know none of the names you speak. I am simply here to vanquish evil and protect the innocent,” Kain Highwind proclaimed.

“There are none innocent here,” the vampire countered.

“Spoken like a callous monster. I will save this place and return home a true hero worthy of my father’s lineage,” said Kain Highwind.

I was wondering why these two hadn't fought before. Then I remembered that the Dragon Knight was only added recently.

From what I've seen from the two of them, I will have to give it to the vampire. Highwind can do damage for sure with both the Holy and Abel Lances, he can just regen from that. Only the Soul Reaver could permanently put him down. The Dragon Knight will just eventually get worn down in the end.