Strong Guy: 1

Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Match 18813 Eleven vs. Twelve

JohnnyChany

image.jpeg.53973747a12a4374f2d5c85e72ba2cdf.jpeg

(PICKS UP AT THE END OF S4 SO SPOILER WARNING FOR THE SERIES SO FAR.)

As they stared into the hellmouth pouring into their once peaceful town caused by Vecna/Henry/One, Chief Jim Hopper leaned over to Joyce Byers. “We need Owens.”

Joyce did not take her eyes off the smoke rising into the air and the ash falling from the sky as she replied. “Yeah we do.”

Jim called over to Eleven who was standing several yards in front of them. “Hey Eleven! We don’t have time to waste! We need to go!”

Nearby Mike Wheeler and Will Byers overheard this.

“Go? Go where?” Mike inquired.

“We need to connect with Owens. The threat is too large and it’s right on our doorstep,” Hopper explained.

Mike and Will exchanged a glance.

“Isn’t he still at that military facility in Nevada?” Will guessed.

“No. Agent Stinson explained it to us when she dropped us off at the cabin. His team picked him up and… you know what it’s too much to explain and we don’t have time,” said Hopper.

At this point, Eleven had joined in the conversation.

“Where are we going?” she asked.

“To see Dr. Owens,” replied Joyce.

“Well if El is going, I am going too,” Mike declared.

“If they are going, so am I.” added Will.

“No, no, no, this isn’t some friend hangout we are going to go do,” stated Hopper. “It is rigorous training from what I’m told.”

Joyce grabbed Jim’s elbow. “Do you really want to leave the kids in Hawkins with the way things are?”

Hopper started to relent but he was interrupted by Nancy Wheeler, who had finally joined the group along with Jonathan Byers.

“My mom would never allow Mike to go, not with what has happened,” she informed.

Mike wanted to protest, but he knew his sister was right.

“My guess it’s the same with Dustin and Lucas. I don’t blame their mothers.” Joyce shot looks at both Will and Jonathan. “I too don’t want my family out of my sight during a time like this.”

The decision was made that the Byers family, Hopper, and Eleven would make the trip.

Joyce grabbed Nancy’s hands. “You are one of the most perceptive people I know. The instant more things start to change even a little bit around here you let us know.”

Nancy nodded.

Nancy and Jonathan said their goodbyes so soon after reconnecting as did Eleven, Mike, and Will.

“This is a good thing. I believe with Dr.  Owens' help I will become stronger, strong enough to beat Henry once and for all,” stated Eleven. 

“I know,” Mike replied. “Doesn’t make being away from you any easier though.”

“I will be safe, I will be smart,” Eleven promised. “It is good that you are here for Lucas right now. Let me know as soon as Max’s condition changes.”

“I will."

Hopper, Joyce, Eleven, Will, and Jonathan went to a phone to call Agent Stinson while the others returned to Hopper’s cabin. Owens’ right hand woman was able to charter a small plane for the group and they met with Owens in a remote facility in rural Pennsylvania.

“I am glad that you are okay,” Eleven remarked upon seeing him.

“Thanks kiddo,” Owens said with a smile. He pointed to the bruises on his face given to him by Brenner’s men during his revolt. “I’m a little worse for wear, but I’m still all here.” He then turned to Jonathan. “And don’t worry about leaving me there. You made the right call. You had to get Eleven to safety. Especially since Lt. Colonel Sullivan and those loyal to him are still after her.”

Hopper interrupted. “Yeah, about that. The kids were telling me the story on the way over here. how is the military going to deal with the real problem when half of them are after my daughter?”

“The US Military isn’t the answer to stopping Henry,” explained Owens. “Eleven is. However, with what has happened in Hawkins, I believe that should keep Sullivan and his boys occupied until we can get her ready.”

“How do we do that exactly?” asked Joyce.

“Some intense training,” answered Owens. “Specifically, some things Dr. Brenner put together and told me about before he died because he believed Eleven wasn’’t ready to take on Henry.”

“You think he was right too, don’t you?” Will asked Eleven.

Eleven didn’t answer and just stared at the ground.

“Mike told me, but you made the right choice. So many more people would have died if you hadn’t come when you did. Max would certainly be dead,” said Will.

“I agree. But now is the time to go the extra mile while Henry is still tending to his wounds,” Owens opined.

Eleven gazed up at Dr. Owens. “What’s first?”

“Some combat training. Follow me.”

Hopper, Eleven, and the Byers Family followed Dr. Owens down a long hallway to an observation room. Through a large window was a completely gray room. Dr. Owens pressed a button and a door opened in the gray room. In walked a smooth milky white humanoid creature with no expression on his face and not many features either.

“I present to you, Twelve.”

Eleven was confused. “That can’t be right. Twelve was killed by Henry.”

“Not that Twelve,” Owens clarified. “This Twelve was created by some secret organization for combat purposes. He can imitate moves that he sees and morph his limbs into all sorts of shapes and weapons.”

Anger rose inside Hopper. “Owens you are outside of your mind if you think I’m going to let Eleven willingly go inside that room with that ‘thing’ in there.”

Owens lifted in his hands in an appeasing motion. “Now hold on a minute. Despite Twelve’s menacing appearance he has relatively low damage output. That’s why his model was scrapped in the first place.”

Will furrowed his brow. “Because he wasn’t hurting his targets enough?”

“Exactly,” said Owens with a pointed finger at the younger Byers brother. “Will, I knew you were one of the bright ones.”

“I don’t get it. How can he help Eleven in her training?” Jonathan wondered. “Couldn’t she just knock him away with her mind?”

“Yes and no,” replied Owens. “Twelve can stretch his limbs pretty far so just knocking him back a couple of times with some telekinesis might not be good enough. That’s what makes him perfect for this training. His moves are unpredictable and since we don't know the extent of Henry’s powers currently he is unpredictable too. Twelve works as a great practice round. The naming thing is just a coincidence… I think. Brenner had a weird thing with naming.”

“I’m ready,” Eleven announced.

“Ok kiddo, you be careful in there, but not too careful,” instructed Owens. “Thinking on your feet in battle is going to have to become second nature to you.”

Eleven nodded.

“With that said, if things get too intense in there just say the word and I will shut the whole thing down.”

An apprehensive Hopper squeezed Joyce’s hand.

Another great set up, Johnny! While I'm not knowledgeable at all when it comes to Street Fighter, I am enjoying the mix up of characters from different genres, such as Draco Malfoy in your previous match.