Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Writing Contest Entry Phoenix Wright vs. Godzilla

Twogunkid

“Objection, Edgeworth, the witness is being vague. The reason he won’t identify what he was doing that night is that he wasn’t there that night!”

Muffled shock rolled through the courtroom. Miles Edgeworth remained unflapped, but Wright knew he was on the verge of losing this case. Phoenix had this case firmly in hand from start to finish. He would put the final nail in the prosecution’s case right here.

“I have a receipt tied to Mr. Tigre’s credit card that has him making a purchase at the time the murder took place. This places him on the opposite side of town during the crime and this flatly contradicts…”

A thud shook the courtroom and a little plaster came off the walls. Everyone looked around unsure what had just happened when another, slightly louder thud, shook the building. Lights flickered a little as it happened and the quiet concern gave way to mumbled misgivings.

A few people in the gallery looked to the windows, the sky was ominous, but those thuds weren’t the dull rumbles of thunder. They were more akin to something very heavy falling to the ground.

“As I was saying…” Another thud, this time closer, the lights flickered more, and a goodly amount of plaster fell from the walls, but this thud was followed by the roar of jet engines overhead. Shouts of surprise and excitement as five F-35s flew low over the courthouse. Edgeworth smirked. Wright internally groaned. This might cause a mistrial and give Edgeworth a chance to find his groove again. 

The Judge hammered his gavel calling for order to no avail. Members of the jury were straining from the box to look to the windows as the gallery had now gone to the edge to look out the windows at the F-35’s and the ominous shape on the horizon. “How’d they set that up for an airshow?” “That wasn’t there this morning” “Is that a building?” “It’s some sort of giant lizard” “How’d they get it to light up like that?” The courtroom became a cacophony of noise as another thud was heard this one followed by a dull humming that rapidly was building in intensity. 

Before the courtroom could react a blue beam came in its direction, annihilating almost everything, Phoenix dove under a table hoping and praying for the best as the building was consumed in flames and began to collapse from the explosive force it was subjected to. Wright vaguely heard the screams as the room collapsed and the defense council’s table was buried in rubble.  

Wright awoke, sore, bruised, and singed to another thud. It was no longer dull; it was deafening. He forced his eyes open to look at the rubble around him. The familiar sight of the courtroom was now a memory. Charred skeletons, the bodies of the dead and those who had been unfortunate enough to have survived the fiery cataclysm only to die to the building’s collapse. Like his namesake though, it seems Phoenix was unharmed by the flames. He pulled himself from the remains of his position to look around when he was it. Not more than fifty feet from him was a gigantic, green foot. 

The foot belonged to a massive nearly 300 foot tall dinosaur. Wright gawked in disbelief. He saw the monster’s spine glowing as he swatted at the fighter aircraft that hopelessly fired upon it. Wright saw a familiar shape as he looked over the creature.

“Edgeworth!” Phoenix ran over to his rival, he was unconscious, but definitely breathing. “Hold on Edgeworth, I’m going to get us out of here.” He bean lifting debris off of his competition when the creature turned to follow a jet an a tail came sweeping in the pair of attorneys’ direction. Wright hit the deck only for the tail to pass about 5 feet over his head and annihilate a still standing courtroom wall.

Helping his friend up, Phoenix surveyed the city. It seemed that Tokyo was being leveled by this monster. Their only hope for survival was almost certainly to get out of the city. He lifted Edgeworth into a fireman’s carry and began moving as best he could. By some miracle, his bicycle had survived the devastation and remained locked to a surprisingly sturdy bike rack. Silently thanking the miracle, Phoenix began carefully balancing his friend in the basket as a plane came down not more than a block away and exploded into a horrific fireball.

“We’ve got to get out of here. There’s no way anyone can survive this thing.” Phoenix muttered to himself as he began to bike avoiding as much detritus on the streets as he could.

Hey guys, I know most of us are busy adults, but the matches overall could use some more comments and votes on the characters. The ratings are nice, but writers also appreciate some feedback. 

Good set-up, Twogunkid. This is a courtroom story/kaiju rampage. 

As for the match, I'm guessing Phoenix wins by getting himself and Miles safely away from Godzilla's battlefield?  Not familiar with Phoenix Wright, but I'm thinking he's an "Ace Attorney" as his games' titles say. Not sure how much of a survivalist he is. 

6 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Hey guys, I know most of us are busy adults, but the matches overall could use some more comments and votes on the characters. The ratings are nice, but writers also appreciate some feedback. 

Good set-up, Twogunkid. This is a courtroom story/kaiju rampage. 

As for the match, I'm guessing Phoenix wins by getting himself and Miles safely away from Godzilla's battlefield?  Not familiar with Phoenix Wright, but I'm thinking he's an "Ace Attorney" as his games' titles say. Not sure how much of a survivalist he is. 

Yeah the idea is that Wright escaping Tokyo getting Godzilla thrashed was his win condition. Godzilla is more of an environmental factor than anything else. I saw survival as the idea that fighting back was not an option so I wanted any confrontation to be horrifically lopsided.

As a regular person Wright is beneath Godzilla's notice, so surviving is not impossible, but it also wouldn't be easy. At least that was my logic on the matter.

3 hours ago, Twogunkid said:

Yeah the idea is that Wright escaping Tokyo getting Godzilla thrashed was his win condition. Godzilla is more of an environmental factor than anything else. I saw survival as the idea that fighting back was not an option so I wanted any confrontation to be horrifically lopsided.

As a regular person Wright is beneath Godzilla's notice, so surviving is not impossible, but it also wouldn't be easy. At least that was my logic on the matter.

In that case, Wright just might have a shot, and may even keep Edgeworth safe in the process. There are always some humans in Godzilla films that manage to survive from beginning to end, after all.